reptar wrote:RELEASE ROGER!
huh?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vewy well, Welease Woger!
I got the quote but not the reference

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I believe Mr Reptar was responding to this: "BUY TEREPO!!!"
This is probably correct.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by zim »

Lui_Bon wrote: June 15, 2018, 12:04 am
zim wrote: June 14, 2018, 5:00 pm Wanting more money is not the issue so much as not turning up to training like a child. It's very easy to say "I understand where you are coming from but I disagree." and continue to do your job like a professional instead of "Nah get **** ****, going home."

As arrogant and selfish as he (still) is; if he fell in our laps we'd be silly to pass him up. He'd be the best halfback we've had in a long time.
...advised by his manager (an Orr) - and it worked. How much more were Watmough or Glen Stewart going to contribute, apart from siphoning off their massive backended salaries?

I'm prepared to take Mr Gore's word for it that DCE is actually quite a good bloke. It's not his fault that he's not as dumb as some of his former teammates. And he's a better half than we've had in years.

I also question where the hell you get the idea that he's arrogant - what, you've watched him speak articulately in a few press conferences?
So back when he's a kid he's only a dick because of bad advice, but then using and abusing the titans to bleed manly was......? Arrogant and selfish. This isn't a case of "oh hey I've got offers on the table at other clubs." This was a massively public done deal off to the titans lets go all the while holding his hand out to manly in the back room.
Then there's the whole latest Hastings issue where this "club captain" was the main culprit. What an arrogant, stupid and selfish thing to do to one of your own team mates.
There's nothing arrogant about speaking articulately as long as when you open your mouth you're not trying to talk your way around your latest issue, all the while never properly addressing an accusation. He's a politician. Plain and simple.

You don't think it's arrogant for him to tell manly he's not going to turn up to training? Who the **** is any player to say that to their club?

If you're willing to take Gore's word on things then you must love everything about the sharks too.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Raiders666 wrote: June 14, 2018, 8:48 pm
Matt wrote: June 14, 2018, 8:27 pmBUY TEREPO!!!
Haha you love the bloke
Yep. I am loving what he is doing at the Eels at the moment. We need that kind of prop here badly.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Matt wrote: June 15, 2018, 1:28 pm
Haha you love the bloke
Yep. I am loving what he is doing at the Eels at the moment. We need that kind of prop here badly.
Right there with you on big Terepo. Have always liked his aggression.

And further, wouldn’t he represent fantastic value for money? That’s surely the central tenet of salary cap management, and the first steps towards being competitive for marquee players. Our esteemed board and recruitment departments don’t ever seem to learn this lesson...
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

zim wrote: June 15, 2018, 12:11 pm
zim wrote: June 14, 2018, 5:00 pm Wanting more money is not the issue so much as not turning up to training like a child. It's very easy to say "I understand where you are coming from but I disagree." and continue to do your job like a professional instead of "Nah get **** ****, going home."

As arrogant and selfish as he (still) is; if he fell in our laps we'd be silly to pass him up. He'd be the best halfback we've had in a long time.
...advised by his manager (an Orr) - and it worked. How much more were Watmough or Glen Stewart going to contribute, apart from siphoning off their massive backended salaries?

I'm prepared to take Mr Gore's word for it that DCE is actually quite a good bloke. It's not his fault that he's not as dumb as some of his former teammates. And he's a better half than we've had in years.

I also question where the hell you get the idea that he's arrogant - what, you've watched him speak articulately in a few press conferences?
So back when he's a kid he's only a dick because of bad advice, but then using and abusing the titans to bleed manly was......? Arrogant and selfish. This isn't a case of "oh hey I've got offers on the table at other clubs." This was a massively public done deal off to the titans lets go all the while holding his hand out to manly in the back room.
Then there's the whole latest Hastings issue where this "club captain" was the main culprit. What an arrogant, stupid and selfish thing to do to one of your own team mates.
There's nothing arrogant about speaking articulately as long as when you open your mouth you're not trying to talk your way around your latest issue, all the while never properly addressing an accusation. He's a politician. Plain and simple.

You don't think it's arrogant for him to tell manly he's not going to turn up to training? Who the **** is any player to say that to their club?

If you're willing to take Gore's word on things then you must love everything about the sharks too.
Well get him down here to learn from the best in the business, Mr Ricky Stuart! The silver-tongued soothsayer who bleeds green, yet isn’t scared to shove it into a face if anyone dares to question his methods. Into his second decade of pulling the wool over the eyes of his employers - the bloke is a career politician.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

mamando wrote: June 15, 2018, 1:36 pm
Matt wrote: June 15, 2018, 1:28 pm
Haha you love the bloke
Right there with you on big Terepo. Have always liked his aggression.

And further, wouldn’t he represent fantastic value for money? That’s surely the central tenet of salary cap management, and the first steps towards being competitive for marquee players. Our esteemed board and recruitment departments don’t ever seem to learn this lesson...
I believe he would. However, he is playing very good footy in a contract yr. So price is probably rising every wk.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Watch the match highlights from last night and the Try where Crichton passes to Alex johnston. Terepo jams in so early it forces Crichton to pass it's so obvious. Ridiculous defence, and completely pointless.
One of many of the night, but still.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Beejay wrote: June 15, 2018, 2:11 pm Watch the match highlights from last night and the Try where Crichton passes to Alex johnston. Terepo jams in so early it forces Crichton to pass it's so obvious. Ridiculous defence, and completely pointless.
One of many of the night, but still.
Yep, that was really poor. However, that entire team looked flat. To let the left winger score 4 tries is terrible... interesting that it was an all Jennings affair out there.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

mamando wrote: June 15, 2018, 1:41 pm
zim wrote: June 15, 2018, 12:11 pm

Well get him down here to learn from the best in the business, Mr Ricky Stuart! The silver-tongued soothsayer who bleeds green, yet isn’t scared to shove it into a face if anyone dares to question his methods. Into his second decade of pulling the wool over the eyes of his employers - the bloke is a career politician.
Haha so your sales pitch is: "I know you've got experience getting away with **** Cherry. Hold my beer."
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

What do you see in him Matt?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

RTW wrote: June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I'm with you matt. I've been a fan for years. I'm only concerned he wouldn't be that cheap anymore. He'd be unreal for circa 300k a year. You wouldn't want to pay much more than this.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
Awesome ****! I'm choice, bro.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: June 16, 2018, 2:00 pm

I'm fine.
The response has been overwhelming..I'm touched..and in a legal way.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote: June 16, 2018, 2:32 pm

I'm fine.
I'm glad I could help!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: June 16, 2018, 2:46 pm

I'm fine.
I'm glad I could help!
Hey, you know when a try is scored and the ref will look left and right at his touches for a nod or a wink for confirmation right ?

Well..this morning in Toronto NSW while watching Macquarie v Stockton U12s the ref was looking left/right after every try was scored but THERE WERE NO TOUCHES... :lol:
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote: June 16, 2018, 2:51 pm
reptar wrote: June 16, 2018, 2:46 pm

I'm fine.
I'm glad I could help!
Hey, you know when a try is scored and the ref will look left and right at his touches for a nod or a wink for confirmation right ?

Well..this morning in Toronto NSW while watching Macquarie v Stockton U12s the ref was looking left/right after every try was scored but THERE WERE NO TOUCHES... :lol:
Hahah - force of habit, I guess. The rule book states the ref is supposed to consult the sideline officials before awarding a try.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: June 16, 2018, 10:24 am
RTW wrote: June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
"Reasonable price tag" ... I suppose that is dependent entirely on how you view him.
Terepo is a fine #3 or #4 middle forward, good bench player... he's fine but he's not moving the needle in terms of improving us in the W's and L's
So what is a reasonable price point for a guy like that?

I'd take him at 300k in a near 10mil cap... i wouldnt pay anything more for him. He's not nearly as good as you think he is. Or rather he's not as impactful or consistent as you seem to think he is. He'd be an upgrade on Bateman/Grubb, that's about it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: June 16, 2018, 7:10 pm

Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
"Reasonable price tag" ... I suppose that is dependent entirely on how you view him.
Terepo is a fine #3 or #4 middle forward, good bench player... he's fine but he's not moving the needle in terms of improving us in the W's and L's

I'd take him at 300k in a near 10mil cap... i wouldnt pay anything more for him. He's not nearly as good as you think he is. Or rather he's not as impactful or consistent as you seem to think he is. He'd be an upgrade on Bateman/Grubb, that's about it.
Of all the props on our books for next yr Terepo would be #1, yes i know we have a Pom and Sia. That says a lot about what we have right now in the position, but improvement is improvement. I see him as a bench #3 BTW, and a good one at that.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gergreg wrote:

I think the point that Watmough is too much of a boofhead to make is that teams that have a real dynasty take smaller deals at the club to remain a dynasty. It's why players like Dugan and DCE will never truly experience long term success. Sure, some players have the mentality to earn the total maximum during their career, can't fault them for that, but I'm sure they'd change their mind at the end of their careers to experience success. DCE being slightly different as he has a premiership but I doubt he will achieve another.
Do you think Smith, Slater and Cronk have taken paycuts to hold the dynasty together? We all know what they did the first time round and I doubt any pay cuts since have been minor.

I don't think that I'd put too much weight on Watmoughs opinion of someone's character. The guy is a grub.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: June 17, 2018, 9:16 am

Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag

Of all the props on our books for next yr Terepo would be #1, yes i know we have a Pom and Sia. That says a lot about what we have right now in the position, but improvement is improvement. I see him as a bench #3 BTW, and a good one at that.
Yeah but you said it, that’s a reflection on how we’re at the position right now, not a reflection on how Terepo is

Like Bateman is a starting front rower for us in 2019 right now... that doesn’t make him an NRL starting caliber player
Just circumstances

I think if Terepo is your #3 middle you’d missing one guy at that position, if he’s your #4 you feel pretty good
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 17, 2018, 9:38 am
gergreg wrote:

I think the point that Watmough is too much of a boofhead to make is that teams that have a real dynasty take smaller deals at the club to remain a dynasty. It's why players like Dugan and DCE will never truly experience long term success. Sure, some players have the mentality to earn the total maximum during their career, can't fault them for that, but I'm sure they'd change their mind at the end of their careers to experience success. DCE being slightly different as he has a premiership but I doubt he will achieve another.
Do you think Smith, Slater and Cronk have taken paycuts to hold the dynasty together? We all know what they did the first time round and I doubt any pay cuts since have been minor.

I don't think that I'd put too much weight on Watmoughs opinion of someone's character. The guy is a grub.
Well they did kind of take involuntary pay cuts when they got busted cheating. But I guess when you're paying your players an extra million dollars for 3 or 4 years they can easily afford a pay cut.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: June 17, 2018, 10:24 am

Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag

Yeah but you said it, that’s a reflection on how we’re at the position right now, not a reflection on how Terepo is

Like Bateman is a starting front rower for us in 2019 right now... that doesn’t make him an NRL starting caliber player
Just circumstances

I think if Terepo is your #3 middle you’d missing one guy at that position, if he’s your #4 you feel pretty good
I don't know. Id be pretty happy if he was our #3 this yr, but with Paulo and Boyd, you shouldn't need much more. I still think he is towards the top of that 2nd tier. You are right though, if he is #4, you are laughing.
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Matt wrote:
Pigman wrote: June 17, 2018, 10:24 am
Matt wrote: June 16, 2018, 10:24 am Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag

Just circumstances

I don't know. Id be pretty happy if he was our #3 this yr, but with Paulo and Boyd, you shouldn't need much more. I still think he is towards the top of that 2nd tier. You are right though, if he is #4, you are laughing.

It comes down to the minutes you are getting out of your number 1 and 2 front rowers. If they are pushing up to 50+ min then Terapo would be great as a high impact low minutes player and I would happily have him as your first rotation.

I just don’t see him as ever being an elite front rower. As you have said if you get him cheap he is worth it but if he is ever your starting prop then it says more about the other guys then him.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I wonder if Cowboys will push extra hard for Norman now that Morgan is out for the season
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Just read “a pivot from Canberra is moving to Storm or Eels”. Now I wonder who that would be?
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

sprintman wrote:Just read “a pivot from Canberra is moving to Storm or Eels”. Now I wonder who that would be?

Well it is not Hingano because he is a Hooker/winger.
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Raiders666 wrote:Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??

With the dogs Salary cap crisis you would be mad not to!!

They don’t want to let him go they will clear space with Mayr, Woods, Foran and the Morris brothers first.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

RTW wrote: June 17, 2018, 2:30 pm

They don’t want to let him go they will clear space with Mayr, Woods, Foran and the Morris brothers first.
Yeah true...Supposedly Mick Ennis was saying we were chasing him while commentating yesterday. Raiders facebook fans saying no to Klemmer makes me laugh 😂😂😂
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Yeah true...Supposedly Mick Ennis was saying we were chasing him while commentating yesterday. Raiders facebook fans saying no to Klemmer makes me laugh 😂😂😂
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Klemmer would be damn useful
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Raiders666 wrote: June 17, 2018, 2:43 pm

Haha thats madness. We’re too good for Klemmer now?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Raiders666 wrote: June 17, 2018, 2:43 pm

There were a few in the same boat around here.