Worst song of all time?

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Worst song of all time?

Post by -TW- »

Interested in what people reckon is the worst song of all time

A couple to get the ball rolling, if we get enough I'm happy to run a comp similar to Fuis

Axel F - that stupid frog song (crazy frog)
Rebecca Black - Friday
Psy - Gangnam Style
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Worst song of all time?

Post by -PJ- »

Ring my bell - Collette
Boom boom boom let's go back to my room - Paul Lekakis(had to look that up)
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Barbie Girl Aqua
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Touch me - Samantha Fox
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Anything by Billy Ray Cyrus
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Craig McLachlan and Check 1-2 - Mona
Baha men - Who let the dogs out
Vengaboys - We like to party
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Toviii wrote:Pretty Fly for a White Guy

End the thread I couldn’t agree more Jeez I hate/hated this song!
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Most of these songs are great.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Frente - Accidentally Kelly Street
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Key Largo - Bertie Higgins
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Yi Yi yippee yippee Yi

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Toviii wrote:Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Yep, hate that song with a passion.

cheap thrills by Sia.

Anything by Phil Collins.
Anything by cold chisel.
Anything by Whitney Houston
That aerosmith song from that Armageddon movie
Bjork

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Thunder - Imagine Dragons (any song with a chipmunk voice in it)
Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band (personally not a fan of country, this one is probably the worst)
Cheerleader - OMI (ooh I think that I've found myself a repetitive song, let's play it over and over)
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

what what in the butt - samwell
I found a moon rock in my nose....
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

Four Non Blondes and Jefferson Starship will have to sort this out in the Octagon.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Cherry Pie - Warrant

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

What does the fox say
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-TW- wrote:What does the fox say
Rubbish. Fine song.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

T_R wrote:
Rubbish. Fine song.

I enjoy WDTFS so that must be sarcasm from T_R Image
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:
T_R wrote:
Rubbish. Fine song.

I enjoy WDTFS so that must be sarcasm from T_R Image
I think it's clear from my concerns over your poetry that I appreciate fine art, Gangrenous.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

くろねこ です
犬ではありません
日本イマセン?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I call that "Frank"
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I'm not expecting any literary awards for it either
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Lit:

It is a black cat
Not a dog
Isn't it in Japan?

But the grammar defies explanation

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I don't think it completely defies explanation. Especially not if you knew how it was written.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:I don't think it completely defies explanation. Especially not if you knew how it was written.
I initially thought google translate, but the level of formality and inconsistent syllabary have thrown me.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

It was written in English form of Hiragana with my very limited knowledge of Japanese language and grammar, then i looked up the actual hiragana characters, and left a couple out to make the syllable count better where i thought someone who knew both English and Japanese would still be able to figure it out.

So, not terribly good literature, I admit. But your translation is what I intended.

It is also not a haiku :)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:It was written in English form of Hiragana with my very limited knowledge of Japanese language and grammar, then i looked up the actual hiragana characters, and left a couple out to make the syllable count better where i thought someone who knew both English and Japanese would still be able to figure it out.

So, not terribly good literature, I admit. But your translation is what I intended.

But it's not all hiragana

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:It was written in English form of Hiragana with my very limited knowledge of Japanese language and grammar, then i looked up the actual hiragana characters, and left a couple out to make the syllable count better where i thought someone who knew both English and Japanese would still be able to figure it out.

But it's not all hiragana

No. Probably not. :) the "looking up" was done by typing the English form into Google Translate as the Japanese text. I ignored what it converted it to in English - i knew it wasn't going to be good
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

So does it make sense how terrible it is?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

You're both terrible.

Now, back to talking about Frank?

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:So does it make sense how terrible it is?
Its downright eccentric. The katakana for the final verb was a stylish touch, though

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Frank is hiding.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »