Stuart on NRL 360

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Stuart on NRL 360

Post by raiderskater »

They just said he was joining them after the break.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Re: Stuart on NRL360 in like 2 minutes

Post by raiderskater »

We top the league for errors in the last 20 minutes.

I don't think anyone here would be surprised by that stat.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Ricky is wuzrobbing for Cotric :D

He hopes that when Hodgson comes back it will take some of the pressure off Sezer.

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Nothing particularly illuminating TBH.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Stuart on NRL 360

Post by -TW- »

Interesting when asked about Austin and Sezer as a combo moving forward he spent 90% of the time talking about Sezer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: May 28, 2018, 7:27 pm Interesting when asked about Austin and Sezer as a combo moving forward he spent 90% of the time talking about Sezer
And said Austin is a “manufactured” five eighth. Still gave him lots of raps for his improved defence in recent weeks.

Also Ricky Stuart seems to be pinning his hopes on the return of Hodgson will take pressure off Sezer. But when Hodgson is there... all we heard for Sezer and Austin that they weren’t getting enough ball, so as to control the game.

No doubt in my mind the Raiders need a new half, who can control the match. Aidan Sezer would be fine in a supporting half role. I don’t know where they find this half, however, as no one is on the market. Should have joined the halves dance last year...
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

-TW- wrote:Interesting when asked about Austin and Sezer as a combo moving forward he spent 90% of the time talking about Sezer
Yeah I took that as in Austin isn’t staying.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

greeneyed wrote:
-TW- wrote: May 28, 2018, 7:27 pm Interesting when asked about Austin and Sezer as a combo moving forward he spent 90% of the time talking about Sezer
And said Austin is a “manufactured” five eighth. Still gave him lots of raps for his improved defence in recent weeks.

Also Ricky Stuart seems to be pinning his hopes on the return of Hodgson will take pressure off Sezer. But when Hodgson is there... all we heard for Sezer and Austin that they weren’t getting enough ball, so as to control the game.

No doubt in my mind the Raiders need a new half, who can control the match. Aidan Sezer would be fine in a supporting half role. I don’t know where they find this half, however, as no one is on the market. Should have joined the halves dance last year...
In 2016 Hodgo controlled the side, he needs to control the side. Yeah he was down on for last year, but so was the whole squad and the forward pack weren’t going forward.

As much as I hate him we should of gone all out for Maloney. It’s not fluke everywhere he goes there is success.

In Ricky We Trust
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

It’s got to be Munster now if we are keeping Sezer. Hopefully raiders are building a nest egg
Fegs
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Fegs »

There’s no guarantee that Hodgson will be the player he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's a lot different a hooker doing an ACL to a half

Even still if he is 75% the player he was, this team lifts dramatically. And that's with all due respect to the gun job Havili has done for us.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Always good for an excuse, is our Stick.

Hodgson’s absence has zero relevance to why his side shows no semblance of coaching/direction in the areas of:

Line speed
Edge defence
Attacking structures
80 minutes fitness and concentration

And a number of other basics of rugby league that you would expect a professional side to be showing demonstration of (or at least improvement in) by round 12.

Hodgson won’t be the silver bullet
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

State of Origin 2018: The two changes Raiders coach Ricky Stuart would make the NSW team

CANBERRA coach Ricky Stuart says he would make two changes to the new-look NSW Origin side that was unveiled on Monday night.

Asked on NRL 360 if Cotric should feel hard done by having not made the starting side, Stuart replied: “Personally, yes. I believe he’s done enough to get one of the wing spots. I know I’m his head coach, but it’s out there for everyone to see what that young bloke has done over the past season and a half. I definitely believe he’s done enough.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state- ... nt=control

Cotric should've been in NSW team: Stuart: http://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/23632186/stuart

Cotric voted best winger in Round 12. NRL.com team of the week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/27/vot ... -the-week/

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

‪Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says Nick Cotric hard done by in Blues selection. https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... es!681728‬
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Brew wrote: May 28, 2018, 8:54 pm
greeneyed wrote:

In 2016 Hodgo controlled the side, he needs to control the side. Yeah he was down on for last year, but so was the whole squad and the forward pack weren’t going forward.

As much as I hate him we should of gone all out for Maloney. It’s not fluke everywhere he goes there is success.

I love how you talk about signing Maloney as if there was EVER a chance he would have considered coming here.
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

Raider Azz wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

I love how you talk about signing Maloney as if there was EVER a chance he would have considered coming here.
Why do you say that? He is a country boy from Orange who has moved to Melbourne and New Zealand to play in the past, hardly a person who cares about where he lives.

In Ricky We Trust
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

greeneyed wrote: May 29, 2018, 1:12 pm State of Origin 2018: The two changes Raiders coach Ricky Stuart would make the NSW team

CANBERRA coach Ricky Stuart says he would make two changes to the new-look NSW Origin side that was unveiled on Monday night.

Asked on NRL 360 if Cotric should feel hard done by having not made the starting side, Stuart replied: “Personally, yes. I believe he’s done enough to get one of the wing spots. I know I’m his head coach, but it’s out there for everyone to see what that young bloke has done over the past season and a half. I definitely believe he’s done enough.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state- ... nt=control

Cotric should've been in NSW team: Stuart: http://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/23632186/stuart

Cotric voted best winger in Round 12. NRL.com team of the week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/27/vot ... -the-week/

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

‪Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says Nick Cotric hard done by in Blues selection. https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... es!681728‬
Ricky still grumpy on the Teddy backflip :lol:

FWITW I agree with him though
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Brew wrote: May 29, 2018, 4:24 pm
Raider Azz wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

Why do you say that? He is a country boy from Orange who has moved to Melbourne and New Zealand to play in the past, hardly a person who cares about where he lives.
At this stage of his career he was mad for the cash too. Definitely a player you could have splashed money on and it would have the desired effect. I think at the time though we were offering Austin a 700k / year deal.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

LastRaider wrote:It’s got to be Munster now if we are keeping Sezer. Hopefully raiders are building a nest egg
I’m waiting to hear the brainwave will be to swap Austin and Wighton’s positions
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 29, 2018, 4:55 pm
LastRaider wrote:It’s got to be Munster now if we are keeping Sezer. Hopefully raiders are building a nest egg
I’m waiting to hear the brainwave will be to swap Austin and Wighton’s positions
That's never going to happen. Croker will go to 5/8.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

scotchberry wrote: May 29, 2018, 4:38 pm
Ricky still grumpy on the Teddy backflip :lol:

FWITW I agree with him though

hahah Yeah I got that too!
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Raider Azz wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

Well for one, he was under contract and moved with a player swap.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

zim wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:
greeneyed wrote: And said Austin is a “manufactured” five eighth. Still gave him lots of raps for his improved defence in recent weeks.

At this stage of his career he was mad for the cash too. Definitely a player you could have splashed money on and it would have the desired effect. I think at the time though we were offering Austin a 700k / year deal.
I can tell you straight up that Canberra wasn’t an option for him.

Would’ve been amazing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Canberra has a victim mentality, and will live it's life like that, its supporters are all programmed to accept mediocresy and take great pleasure in the pain, like an emo does, yeah Maloney would never come.
This place is woke.