Canberra Raiders V Manly Sea Eagles
Friday 25 May 6:00pm
Canberra Stadium
Gates open: 4:45pm
Katrina Fanning Shield: 8:10pm
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, 2CC, Mix 106.3

The Raiders suffered yet another disappointing loss, this time to the St George Illawarra Dragons in Round 11. They have a short turnaround and meet the Manly Sea Eagles at home on Friday night, in the early fixture. Once the match is completed, it will be the half way mark in the season... and if the Raiders don't win... a 4 and 8 record doesn't bode well for a finals place.

Who do you think should line up for the Green Machine? Tell us your team here and see how you go in comparison to the official squad when announced. We will include the official line ups in the first post of this thread as soon as they're available.

OFFICIAL SQUADS

Canberra Raiders

1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Dunamis Lui, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 Shannon Boyd, 11 Josh Papalii, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Iosia Soliola

Interchange: 14 Ata Hingano, 15 Luke Bateman, 16 Charlie Gubb, 17 Liam Knight
Reserves: 18 Emre Guler, 19 Michael Oldfield, 20 Sam Williams, 21 Craig Garvey

Manly Sea Eagles

1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Moses Suli, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Trent Hodkinson, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Lewis Brown, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Shaun Lane, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Matthew Wright, 15 Frank Winterstein, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Toafofoa Sipley
Reserves: 18 Thomas Wright, 19 Bradley Parker, 20 Jack Gosiewski, 21 Tevita Funa

Officials:

Referees: Chris Butler, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Tim Roby
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersManly

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2018 #FromAllAngles

Mounties team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2018 Rd 12 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews

Post by -PJ- »

I don't know...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sydney_Raider
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Sydney_Raider »

Will Papalii replace Tapine and Bateman in or does Soliola replace Tapine and Knight comes in. I think I prefer the latter.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Joe Tapine braces for ban

Joe Tapine will miss two weeks with an early guilty plea, after being cited for a grade one shoulder charge on Matt Dufty and will miss two weeks with an early guilty plea... which will also leave 95 carry-over points against his name.

Josh Papalii will escape suspension despite being charged with a grade one careless high tackle on Dufty, with the Canberra lock fined $1500 - which can be reduced to $1350 with an early guilty plea.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zgk0.html

MRC: Tapine and Papalii charged: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... i-charged/
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

I dont know about this one........ I think we might just win this............
Perth Based Raiders Fan
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

May as well try something. Chuck BJ into second row with Murchie on the bench. 100% win rate Oldifeld to wing and Cotric to center.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

He’s going to name the same team excepting Tapine.

I am pretty far from confident on this one.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yep he's going to give our hardworking/unlucky bunch of plodders another chance to redeem themselves.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2018 Rd 12 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews

Post by LastRaider »

My wish
1. Cotric
2. Oldfield
3. Wighton
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Hingano
7. Sezer (Purely as there is no one else)
8. Solila
9. Havilii
10. Gubb
11. Whitehead (c)
12. Murchie
13. Papilii

14. Garvey
15. Lui
16. Knight
17. Boyd (On the cusp for me)

7 changes, I know that’s not going to happen but we arn’t going to make the top 8, so why not try new combinations for next year, understand what we have then get recruiting!
Last edited by LastRaider on May 21, 2018, 6:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Haha. Dropping Croker... god this place is a hoot :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

-PJ- wrote:Yep he's going to give our hardworking/unlucky bunch of plodders another chance to redeem themselves.
Yeah and stick it in our faces when they win!
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

1. Wighton
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapa
6. Austin
7. Williams
8. Gubb
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Sia
12. Whitehead
13. Papa

14. Garvey
15. Boyd
16. Bateman
17. Knight

18. Murchie
19. Hunt

Sezer and Hingano @ 7 and 6 for Mounties. None of our 4 halves have earned the right to be anything more than a week to week prospect at this stage and Hingano and Sezer have been the most disappointing the last two rounds.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I really want to see Rapana at fullback! The amount of times he plays in the middle. He wants the ball more and would be a great support player.

Wighton replaces Croker; Croker replaces Cotric and Cotric swaps wings.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

its gonna be the same team cept for tapz, you know it, i know it

PROS:
The 2 players that absolutely embarrassed us in this game last year arnt playing (API AND WALKER)
at Canberra on a Friday night
due for a win

CONS:
ricky is still the coach
break austin will be named
no Tapine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote: May 21, 2018, 6:25 pm Yep he's going to give our hardworking/unlucky bunch of plodders another chance to redeem themselves.
The boys are hurtin' in there.
A few news articles to pep up the team and crowd during the week and then the lads will find a creative way to lose again.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

1. Wighton
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Austin
7. Sezer
8. Soliola
9. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Murchie
12. Whitehead
13. Papalii

14. Garvey
15. Bateman
16. Lui
17. Gubb

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Missing Walker and Api Koroisau will help, they always seem to rip us. But Manly have found their groove, can’t see us winning this one.

DCE loves playing us as well, he wants to proof a point with Origin coming up.

In Ricky We Trust
raider dos
Terry Campese

Post by raider dos »

Just had a look at the draw, I seriously don't see us getting another win until round 17 against the dogs. And just imagine how the season will look by then. I'm struggling to contain my excitement.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

raider dos wrote:Just had a look at the draw, I seriously don't see us getting another win until round 17 against the dogs. And just imagine how the season will look by then. I'm struggling to contain my excitement.
Nope, we'll get enough wins to hover between 10-14

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
raider dos
Terry Campese

Post by raider dos »

T_R wrote: May 21, 2018, 11:49 pm
raider dos wrote:Just had a look at the draw, I seriously don't see us getting another win until round 17 against the dogs. And just imagine how the season will look by then. I'm struggling to contain my excitement.
Nope, we'll get enough wings to hover between 10-14

Finishing anywhere between 9 and 15 is such a waste. Either make the 8 or get the spoon to force change. 9 to 15 just guarantees mediocrity.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

We will win this game to keep the top 10 dream alive as well as the flickering delusion that we might have turned the corner.

Sezer will have one of his OK-good games and a couple of people will come out with the "Ï told you so, re-sign him now".
Up The Milk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

We will probably do some stupid **** like win 5 out of the next 5 before imploding.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Reading the Canberra Times article at https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zgk0.html, Tapine mentions that the reason they lose focus is "I don’t really know [what the problem is], I think it’s a bit of fatigue and miscommunication in the game. It just lets us down a bit."

Maybe if Ricky used the bench more effectively than simply going by the clock to rotate his props and actually had someone monitoring fatigue levels, we might see some close games going our way.

For that matter, what's the point of him sitting on the sideline and having a runner if he doesn't get him out on the field to say, "we're down a man, the scores are tied, take the field goal"? IIRC, Ricky says it helps him get a better feel for the game and the players enjoy seeing there.

Mate, if that's the feel for the game you're getting, volunteer to be the goal kicking tee this week. You sure as **** aren't picking up enough from where you are sitting now if you can't see someone as big as Papalii needs a rest.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

raider dos wrote: May 22, 2018, 7:28 am
T_R wrote: May 21, 2018, 11:49 pm
Nope, we'll get enough wings to hover between 10-14

Finishing anywhere between 9 and 15 is such a waste. Either make the 8 or get the spoon to force change. 9 to 15 just guarantees mediocrity.
And guaranteed it is!
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Whilst I think the suspension is wrong, a couple of weeks off won't hurt Joe. He was rocked after that head clash with Austin. I'd like to see Murchie named on the right side to be honest.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

He'll put Papa back on an edge and Bateman will start lock. Put the house on it.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Before the St G game I wrote that there needed to be a shake-up to shock the side out of their complacency and lethargy. Some posters responded that changes would upset combinations etc. Well there weren't too many "combination" on display last Sun (or most of the season) particularly late in the game when fatigue and pressure affected them. Ricky's stubborn refusal to drop or rotate players to where their potential could be better exploited has cost many games. Cotric and Rapana (after some phyc sessions) need to be moved where they can get their hands on the ball more. Garvey must replace Hingano who offers nothing in his present role. Sezer's last 2 games have been absolutes shockers, he has no idea how to game-manage a side. The dilemma is there aren't any clever HBs hiding under a bush to replace him. Williams again or Hingano as starting half?

Without the pack at least holding their own the halves will be under the pump. We are lucky that Boyd and JP are leaving. Their couple of cameos per game are not cutting it and puts added pressure on the other forwards who are gassed in the last 10-20 mins. Ricky has to get more time out of them or look to drop at least one of them. The whole picture is depressing in the extreme and I don't see any chance of progress until we see the back of Ricky which, given attitudes in the Club, will not be until he is in a wheelchair.
Last edited by Green Taipan on May 22, 2018, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders captain Clinton Schifcofske to blow the Viking Horn this Friday at Forever Green match

Our Viking Ambassador this week is Raider #219 Clinton Schifcofske. A former Captain of the Green Machine, Schifcofske played 139 matches for the Raiders scoring 1052 points!

Post-NRL Match this week at 8.10pm the Valley Dragons and Goulburn playing a match in the Katrina Fanning Shield, while the ActewAGL All-Stars will take on the Forever Green side in a touch football match. Alan Tongue and Jason Croker, will headline the ActewAGL All-Stars, while the Forever Green side which will be announced later today.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ea-eagles/

Five Things: Raiders v Manly: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... s-v-manly/

Out and about: Touch Footy at GIO Stadium: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... o-stadium/
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

We haven't had any halves for 11 rounds now so might as well stack us with strike weapons.

1. Croker
2. Oldfield
3. Cotric
4. Wighton
5. Purtell ( on loan from Albury )
6. Leilua
7. Rapana
8. Soliola
9. Garvey
10. Paulo
11. Steve Menzies ( 2 game deal to cover Tapine )
12. Whitehead
13. Papalli

14. Havilli
15. Boyd
16. Gubb
17. Lui

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Joe Tapine takes the early plea, will miss the next two matches

Canberra Raiders forwards Joe Tapine and Josh Papalii have both elected to take an early plea, after being cited by the match review committee after incidents in the Raiders' match against the Dragons. Papalii will be free to play this week, and will be fined for a careless high tackle. Tapine will miss the next two weeks, and will have 85 carry over points.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... i-charged/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL team: Raiders V Sea Eagles

Canberra Raiders V Manly Sea Eagles
Friday 25 May 6:00pm
Canberra Stadium
Gates open: 4:45pm
Katrina Fanning Shield: 8:10pm
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, 2CC, Mix 106.3

The Raiders have named their team for the round 12 match against the Manly Sea Eagles at GIO Stadium.

Joe Tapine has been Suspended for two weeks for a grade one shoulder charge, with Josh Papalii moving from lock to the second row.

Sia Soliola moves from the front row to lock, with Dunamis Lui named in the starting side. Liam Knight comes onto the bench.

Emre Guler has been named in the extended squad for the first time this season and joins Michael Oldfield, Sam Williams and Craig Garvey.

Canberra Raiders

1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Dunamis Lui, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 Shannon Boyd, 11 Josh Papalii, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Iosia Soliola

Interchange: 14 Ata Hingano, 15 Luke Bateman, 16 Charlie Gubb, 17 Liam Knight
Reserves: 18 Emre Guler, 19 Michael Oldfield, 20 Sam Williams, 21 Craig Garvey

Manly Sea Eagles

1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Moses Suli, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Trent Hodkinson, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Lewis Brown, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Shaun Lane, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Matthew Wright, 15 Frank Winterstein, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Toafofoa Sipley
Reserves: 18 Thomas Wright, 19 Bradley Parker, 20 Jack Gosiewski, 21 Tevita Funa

Officials:

Referees: Chris Butler, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Tim Roby
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersManly

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2018 #FromAllAngles

Mounties team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Ahhhhh Team list Tuesday........ the most predictable day of the week....
Perth Based Raiders Fan
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It's the place to be on Tuesday's.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2018 Rd 12 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Schifty »

Garvey in 21 again, can't wait until his standard omission 48 hours from kick off.

Hopefully Guler gets a run just for the sake it is something different.
Goobeeful
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2018 Rd 12 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Goobeeful »

This is what you guys get for complaining the teamlist is too predictable