Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am

Post by greeneyed »

Don't forget ABC Radio Canberra Grandstand with Tim Gavel Saturday after 11am Saturday. You can listen live: http://www.abc.net.au/canberra

You can SMS the program with Raiders comments and questions on 0467 922 666.

Or you can call on 1300 681 666 (at the cost of a local call).

Or email Tim Gavel at gavel.tim@abc.net.au.

Or send Tim a tweet @TimGavel on twitter.

Ricky Stuart will be on the program and will discuss the latest on player re-signings.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am

Post by reptar »

That jar of hot salsa ain't opening itself!!!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart interview:

Won four out of the past five. Players getting some confidence with the way we're playing. Will be a tough game tomorrow, quite a brutal game.

The interchange between Junior Paulo and Shannon Boyd was working well, though I know Shannon would prefer to start, I understand that. Paulo is a big loss, but Shannon Boyd will be up for the match, it is his 100th game. A few years ago he was wondering about his future in the NRL, great achievement for him.

Luke Bateman, why a one year deal? It was more that he and his manager was hoping we'd find a bit more money for him in the future. He's a great young man, he shows true Raider values.

I think we're close to deals with a few of the other players. I know Peter Mulholland and Don Furner have been working over time. I think Josh Papalii is close, the way he's responded to coming back from the World Cup unfit, he's been tremendous for us the past month, he's happier with how he's playing, training hard, going well off field.

Other reports players heading elsewhere? You never know what's true or not these days, with media and social media and I understand player's managers talk to other clubs.

Sia Soliola re-signing for next year? I want the best for Sia Soliola, he might have three or four more years, depends on how he's feeling, how his body is, here or elsewhere. I'm hoping his future is in Canberra, I've got a very strong relationship with Sia.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

That’s not to bad from Stuart. At least there was no bomb shell like, “looking forward to having Williams back next week to mix up the spine”!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Quite open regarding signings

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

3 or 4 for Sia sounds too long. 2 or 3 maybe.

Good to hear the Papa saga might be going our way.

Do we hold out any 11th hr hope for Boydy?

Also... who are the other signings?!?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I didn't get the sense he thought those three or four years would necessarily be at Canberra... and would depend on how his body holds up.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I think we'd be crazy to let Sia go but understand we can't stop him if a better offer comes up. I hope we have a long term (post retirement) option for him to consider.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Another season for Sia. No more.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.