The Religion Thread

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: The Religion Thread

Post by dubby »

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

dubby wrote:Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.
He can keep it.

I'm going to make my own kingdom with Blackjack and Hookers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Mark 10:11–12 reads:
“Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.”

So basically if you get divorced you're going to hell? Seeing as in your previous post adulterers do to hell??
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

1 Corinthians 14:34 reads:
“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.”

So are women allowed to speak in your church, dubs??
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Exodus 31:14–15 reads:
“Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.”

So are we killing people who work on Saturday or Sunday, dubs?? I forget which one is which. Fortunately I don't work on either.
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

This thread is basically a really salty version of John Safran v God.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Deuteronomy 22: 20-21 reads:
"But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

So I guess we're killing girls who have sex out of marriage now too. And by stoning as well. It's in the Bible after all, must be true.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Sossman wrote:This thread is basically a really salty version of John Safran v God.

I just need clarification of which thread to post daily reminders of how much of a **** Israel Folau is.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman wrote:Mark 10:11–12 reads:
“Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.”

So basically if you get divorced you're going to hell? Seeing as in your previous post adulterers do to hell??
Wow Mark sounds like a Folau level ****
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Timothy 2:11 reads:
"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent."

Keen to know your thoughts on this one, dubs. Seeing as you believe people who engage in homosexual sex are going to hell, what are your thoughts on women teachers, police officers or politicians? I reckon you'd be dead against them!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Mark 12:19 reads:
"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother."

So what do you say, dubs? If you pass away, you're more than fine with your brother "taking" your wife? It's God's word after all!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'll stop for now dubs while you formulate your responses. Keen to hear your answers to each of these points though, seeing as you're so adamant that homosexuals who have sex are going to hell because it's "in the Bible".

No picking or choosing either, pal. Your whole argument falls down when you do that.

I'm looking forward to this! I'm learning!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Ok, so another example of one taking scripture out of context to prove a point.

I've answered your concerns about honosexuality. As exciting as it is too engage exegetical study with you, you will continue to pluck random scripture to argue about.

Ironically, this is what manbush does, and you've laughed at him over it
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

dubby wrote:Ok, so another example of one taking scripture out of context to prove a point.

I've answered your concerns about honosexuality. As exciting as it is too engage exegetical study with you, you will continue to pluck random scripture to argue about.

If he was the Burning Manbush you'd listen to everything he said.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:Ok, so another example of one taking scripture out of context to prove a point.

How is that taking anything out of context?? YOU’RE the one selectively picking passages out of the Bible to justify your disgusting beliefs and then claiming I’m doing the same thing?

This is horrible stuff dubs, and you should be ashamed of yourself
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman wrote: May 9, 2018, 12:28 pm Exodus 31:14–15 reads:
“Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.”

So are we killing people who work on Saturday or Sunday, dubs?? I forget which one is which. Fortunately I don't work on either.
I definitely recall a few occasions when the Raiders refused to work on Saturday or Sunday.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It is just absolutely mind-boggling to me that in the 21st century, a man who is allegedly intelligent, can pick and choose verses out of a 2000 year old book to justify being horrible to minorities, but then chooses to ignore all of the other absolutely bat **** crazy **** that same book says, and THEN accuses ME of taking **** out of context!

Like, you can’t honestly be serious, dubby? You genuinely need help if this is what you honestly believe, that verses that back up your own discriminatory views are canon, yet all the crazy stuff is just filler material
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

In regards to heaven and hell ones actions are irrelevant as it’s purely reward/punishment based on belief and not morality or actions. The worst mass murdering child rapist will be rewarded simply by repenting on his deathbed while the most kind charitable person to ever exist will be punished for simply not believing.

People claim the OT is the most abhorrent Abrahamic book and with all the genocides and other disgusting morality I can understand why but the whole heaven and hell thing is one of the reasons I find the NT even worse. It’s the most immoral and evil belief taught by any religion, infinite punishment simply for not believing and people accept this as a good thing and teach it to children.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote: May 9, 2018, 12:51 pm Ok, so another example of one taking scripture out of context to prove a point.

Dubby Christians cherry the Bible more than anyone and for that we should be grateful because if you followed all of it you’d be in gaol for multiple life sentences.

Undoubtedly it does contain some good morality but it also contains a lot of disgusting morality as well, highlighting those isn’t taking it out of context anymore than someone just mentioning the good, it’s looking at the whole picture since the pretty fluffy stuff is generally what people (including Christians) know. Slavery is a prime example it’s clear from previously you haven’t read or taken notice of those bits by the way you’ve tried to explain it away as indentured servitude despite the passages being crystal clear it was slavery as we know it.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The absolute hypocrisy shown by dubby on this topic is completely outrageous. He essentially chooses the parts of the Bible that justify his own form of discrimination and then ****-**** the other bits as "cherry picking". I'm genuinely astounded by this.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Nickman wrote: May 9, 2018, 1:50 pm The absolute hypocrisy shown by dubby on this topic is completely outrageous. He essentially chooses the parts of the Bible that justify his own form of discrimination and then ****-**** the other bits as "cherry picking". I'm genuinely astounded by this.
No you’re not
Dont delete this GE
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Simo is back!
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

simo wrote: May 9, 2018, 1:59 pm
The Nickman wrote: May 9, 2018, 1:50 pm The absolute hypocrisy shown by dubby on this topic is completely outrageous. He essentially chooses the parts of the Bible that justify his own form of discrimination and then ****-**** the other bits as "cherry picking". I'm genuinely astounded by this.
No you’re not
Welcome back mate! :welcome:

If he is astounded then he’s new to religious discussions as “taking it out of context” is the go to move when people can’t align the bad within their book to their own morality.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Schifty wrote: May 9, 2018, 2:09 pm Simo is back!
Geez what has the GH done to deserve this, first Sossman then you and now Simo, must be punishment for some mighty bad karma, I blame TR!
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Manbush wrote:
Geez what has the GH done to deserve this, first Sossman then you and now Simo, must be punishment for some mighty bad karma, I blame TR!
All we need is Michael and then its the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Sossman wrote:
Manbush wrote:
All we need is Michael and then its the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

We are the heroes the GH need but doesn't exactly want.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:
I take full responsibilty. #designatedfallguy

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Trying to reason with you online in this argument would be a great example of inflicting pain on myself.

There are times when you're better off trying to discuss things in person. This is one of those times.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
Manbush wrote:
I take full responsibilty. #designatedfallguy

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Well you're definitely responsible for my return and I then went on to get Sossman back so it actually is your fault....
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Absolutely 100% Schiftys fault I'm back.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Clearly TR is the destroyer of forums.
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

It's all a part of a coastal QLD false flag conspiracy involving T_R to bring down the globalist mods and the Furners and Ricky Stuart and dubby.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

All starting to make sense.

His plan was meant to take months.

But he didn't bank on Folau being a complete **** which just fast tracked our forum activity and he is now reeling and trying to literally bury evidence under a concrete slab.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: May 9, 2018, 4:16 pm Trying to reason with you online in this argument would be a great example of inflicting pain on myself.

There are times when you're better off trying to discuss things in person. This is one of those times.
Ok, well how about you just explain to me how you believe without fault the parts of the Bible that support your descriminatory views against homosexual people, yet you dismiss the examples I listed as "cherry picking" and basically consigned them to the crazy parts of the good book that no-one should pay attention to?

I just don't see how you can have it both ways. If the Bible is meant to not be taken literally because there's a whole bunch of crazy junk that doesn't apply to modern times, then how can you use it to justify discrimination against people based on something they have no control over??

Surely you're smart enough to know what I'm saying, dubby?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Sossman wrote:
dubby wrote:Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.
He can keep it.

I'm going to make my own kingdom with Blackjack and Hookers.

And lunar landers?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.