Melbourne Storm turn to Canberra Raiders Aidan Sezer for Cooper Cronk replacement

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Melbourne Storm turn to Canberra Raiders Aidan Sezer for Cooper Cronk replacement

Post by greeneyed »

The Storm are considering launching a bid to sign talented Raiders halfback Aidan Sezer for 2019. Sezer and Blake Austin are both coming off contract at the Raiders - and it seems at least one won’t be retained by Ricky Stuart.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/08/07/ ... s-the-mole
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Melbourne Storm turn to Canberra Raiders Aidan Sezer for Cooper Cronk replacement

Post by The Nickman »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Give them Austin and some cash

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Melbourne Storm turn to Canberra Raiders Aidan Sezer for Cooper Cronk replacement

Post by Raiders666 »

He would be crazy to turn them down
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

Next headline:

Raiders set to resign experienced 5/8 Austin in wake of Sezer's move to Melbourne. ****.....

This team will be sent back to the stone ages if all these transfers occur....
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Hahahahahahahaha! It gets better.

Watch Sezer become the greatest half back ever under Bellamy.

Cannot wait for next years halves.

6 Austin
7 Williams

14 Hingano

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

At this rate we will be left with only Ricky Stuart, Jack Wighton and Luke Bateman for the 2019 season.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I know this is all just rumour and NRL carry-on, but if these players all leave we'll be fielding a team from the local comp in 2019.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

****! Did not see this one coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:I know this is all just rumour and NRL carry-on, but if these players all leave we'll be fielding a team from the local comp in 2019.
And yet, there are people that still believe Ricky isn't the problem or even part of the problem.

A mass exodus like this. Is not for money, as the money is here because of the mass exodus.

I firmly sit in "we need to ditch Ricky asap before he loses everyone" camp.

Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

If all of these players leave there has got to be some massive issues at the club!
Relax-init
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Angel Marina

Post by Relax-init »

Captain Punish wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:02 pm
T_R wrote:I know this is all just rumour and NRL carry-on, but if these players all leave we'll be fielding a team from the local comp in 2019.
And yet, there are people that still believe Ricky isn't the problem or even part of the problem.

A mass exodus like this. Is not for money, as the money is here because of the mass exodus.

The 'sticky' curse of destroying halves.... If Sezer wants to get better he needs to leave. Origin next year? Is Sezer a NSW rep? you might win one in 2019.... :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Me too.

But you'd be surprised how little the Board consult me on these issues.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:

Me too.

Me too.

Shame really. I have some really good points hidden amongst my filth, absurdity and random bouts of pure spite.

Relax-init
Gary Coyne

Post by Relax-init »

Captain Punish wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:08 pm
T_R wrote:

Me too.

Me too.

Shame really. I have some really good points hidden amongst my filth, absurdity and random bouts of pure spite.

I know a board member, what do you want me to say? :thumbsdown :thumbsup
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Relax-init wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:16 pm
T_R wrote:

Me too.

Me too.

I think it's fairly obvious that it's time to hand things over to Captain Punish. Just make that clear to them and he should be fine from there.

hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

A bunch of players off contract =/= "mass exodus"
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Josh Addo-Carr’s advice from his grandfather - to be the best you need to be coached by the best!
Hope Aiden stays!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:
Relax-init wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:16 pm
T_R wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:02 pm And yet, there are people that still believe Ricky isn't the problem or even part of the problem.

Me too.

Me too.

I think it's fairly obvious that it's time to hand things over to Captain Punish. Just make that clear to them and he should be fine from there.
Yeah, time to pass me the baton.Image

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Sezer would absolutely strive down there in Melbourne.

If the coin is even close to what we can offer it will be tough to keep him.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Punish, that is beautiful.

Relax-init
Gary Coyne

Post by Relax-init »

Schifty wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:32 pm Sezer would absolutely strive down there in Melbourne.

If the coin is even close to what we can offer it will be tough to keep him.
Agreed, players beg to go to Storm to be under bellyache.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Wait, wait... why would he go better at the Storm than at the Raiders?

Are... are you guys saying that perhaps our coach and our systems aren’t very good?
Relax-init
Gary Coyne

Post by Relax-init »

The Nickman wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:43 pm Wait, wait... why would he go better at the Storm than at the Raiders?

Are... are you guys saying that perhaps our coach and our systems aren’t very good?
shhhh we don't want to get banned for being anti-ricky urrrr i mean ummmm Ricky Rulez!?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:43 pm Wait, wait... why would he go better at the Storm than at the Raiders?

He'd probably go better at the Titans than here.

Oh wait...
Relax-init
Gary Coyne

Post by Relax-init »

Schifty wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:49 pm

He'd probably go better at the Titans than here.

Oh wait...
Eels 'cough cough' Eels 'cough'
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:Punish, that is beautiful.
It's now my avatar. hahah

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The amazing thing is, before meeting you (weedy, pasty white, great hair), I'd always imagined you as a well-built, athletic black man.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Aidan won't go..

And what's wrong with the guy who's currently playing #7 down there ?

He seems to be going ok from where I'm sitting and he's at least 5yrs younger than Sezer.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

-PJ- wrote:Aidan won't go..

He seems to be going ok from where I'm sitting and he's at least 5yrs younger than Sezer.
Who cares about the young guy. If you are talented half and Melbourne comes knocking, you can write your own cheque post premiership.

He would be nuts not to go if they offer even the most reasonable amount of coin.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Captain Punish wrote: May 8, 2018, 2:50 pm

Who cares about the young guy. If you are talented half and Melbourne comes knocking, you can write your own cheque post premiership.

He would be nuts not to go if they offer even the most reasonable amount of coin.

Bike tracks punish, bike tracks...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

-PJ- wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: May 8, 2018, 2:50 pm

Bike tracks punish, bike tracks...
Fair.

Scrap that. 10 year deal in Canberra.

scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

This is a sign that Slater definitely Retiring.

With Munster moving into the fullback role Storm aren’t liking the idea of having both Croft and Jacks in the halves together.

Sezer brings that experience into the halves to compliment whichever young gun they go with.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

scotchberry wrote:This is a sign that Slater definitely Retiring.

With Munster moving into the fullback role Storm aren’t liking the idea of having both Croft and Jacks in the halves together.

Sezer brings that experience into the halves to compliment whichever young gun they go with.
Can we have Drinkwater?

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

If there is genuine interest from Melbourne, it would be very interesting to see ignorance the offer included Bellamy being coach it not. Under the current model, yes, Sezer would jump at the chance. But I imagine it would be a very different proposition to go to Melbourne as senior half the year Slater and Bellamy move on, and the year after Cronk has gone.