Post by Dibbers »

Thanks mate
I found a moon rock in my nose....
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by reptar »

Dibbers wrote:Ruined... Betty our puppy passed away suddenly while at puppy school on the weekend... she was only 4 months old... one minute was having a ball wrestling with the other puppys, next minute she was laying down struggling... the Vets on site couldn't do anything for her...

We're absolutely devastated...
That's horrible!! So sorry for you and the family, and Betty.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

reptar wrote: March 5, 2018, 3:06 pm
Dibbers wrote:Ruined... Betty our puppy passed away suddenly while at puppy school on the weekend... she was only 4 months old... one minute was having a ball wrestling with the other puppys, next minute she was laying down struggling... the Vets on site couldn't do anything for her...

Thanks mate.

Just wished we knew what caused it... we were in so much shock when it happened
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Ruined just found out Stephen Hawking died. RIP big fella you had quite the life for someone who should’ve died decades ago, a brilliant mind.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Dibbers wrote:
reptar wrote: March 5, 2018, 3:06 pm

Thanks mate.

Just wished we knew what caused it... we were in so much shock when it happened
Sorry to hear mate. Have they found out what happened?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Dibbers »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 14, 2018, 7:48 pm Sorry to hear mate. Have they found out what happened?
Cheers mate.

No we didnt. We didn't ask for an autopsy, we didn't even think to ask at the time we were in that much shock. By the time we realised it was too late.... the puppy school we were at has a vet attached but it wasn't an emergency Vet so i don't think they deal too much with that sort of scenario, the poor vet looked almost as devastated as we did and she was definitely shaken up too.

I think it was a birth defect of some sort. From all the googling we've done, if she'd eaten poison (and rat poison was the only type that would have that kind of effect) then she would have been showing symptoms of some sort before hand unless she ate a colossal amount which we would have noticed. she was predominantly an inside dog, would only go outside with us or to go toilet (and that was only sometimes as she wasn't housebroken yet)....
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Dibbers »

Made:
So a little delayed, but after our poor little Betty passed away a couple of months ago, and after a lot of "I miss Betty" from our 3 year old, we bit the bullet and rescued another dog a couple of weeks ago.

Buddy is a Bull Arab (apparently) and is a very well behaved 9 month old boy (for the most part!). He thinks he's a lap dog despite his size and is great with my son and just licks and licks and licks! He has crazy blue eyes and has a bit of a Scooby Doo vibe about him...

Ruined:
a pair of my son's shoes...
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Dibbers wrote:Made:
So a little delayed, but after our poor little Betty passed away a couple of months ago, and after a lot of "I miss Betty" from our 3 year old, we bit the bullet and rescued another dog a couple of weeks ago.

Buddy is a Bull Arab (apparently) and is a very well behaved 9 month old boy (for the most part!). He thinks he's a lap dog despite his size and is great with my son and just licks and licks and licks! He has crazy blue eyes and has a bit of a Scooby Doo vibe about him...

Ruined:
a pair of my son's shoes...
He's no Frank but still seems pretty awesome!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Made: flying to Munich
Not made: it's for a conference. Will miss two Raiders games.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Made: My young chap just got picked for his first rep side! Quite chuffed for him as a 10 year old being selected for the under 12s, though I expect him now to die a horrible death in defence. He works very hard on his rugby and I'm pleased he's now seeing the results.

Substantially less than made: On another bloody plane tonight.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

ruined:

Hopefully this is the end of the trip from hell. Brisbane to Abu Dhabi flight delayed due to a pilot being unavailable. Made a technical stop in Colombo due to rules about length of shifts. Missed connection to Munich in Abu Dhabi. Put in a hotel for 15 hours and had new route to Munich via Milan departing at at 2:45am. Missed connection at Milan due to being told by Abu Dhabi staff to go through immigration. Still would have made the flight, but Lufthansa couldn't see a reservation so couldn't print a ticket. Manuella from Etihad was great sorting that out. On the flight to Munich deporting an hour later. We ran throughout Milan airport making it happen. Will finally get to Munich after 48 hours on transit. Etihad were good sorting everything. Hopefully my return flights aren't as eventful. And i know my luggage is in Milan and is booked on this flight so it's going to arrive at the same time as me.

I take it this is standard practice for you, TR.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Geez Reppy..... I'd be seething.

TR has no such issues. Private jets have perks. ;)

TR: the wolf of Hastings St
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I just landed in Munich, dubby. Now let's see if my luggage did!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

As my FB friends know, that is pretty much my life, Reptar.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

reptar have a pint or 2 for your old mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Bag fight arrive in Munich! Hahahahahahaha
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bag fight? Sounds terrible!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

It didn't arrive I meant to say. Was a little tired yesterday ha. It's been found but hasn't made its way to the hotel yet.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Tired? I wonder why.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

It finally arrived! Was in my room when i got back from the conference last night.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Not really my day, but the last 12 months.
So I live in a new estate in Marsden Park. Blacktown council have decided with all the development going on in the area, they need to sub divide and create new suburbs. They gave each of the 12 districts 3 options each, and we had to vote for our favourite. Our options were Lang, Francis or Clydesdale Farm. Reluctantly, I voted Clydesdale Farm, as it was the best of the bunch. About 3 months later, we get a notice saying our suburb was going to be called Lynch. Lynch was apparently a Mayor in Blacktown in the 80s. Another district had the option to vote for Lynch, but it didn’t get the numbers, so somehow it got moved to our area.

All hell broke loose. There was a petition saying we didn’t vote for that name, and the people in my estate wanted to stay in Marsden Park. The argument was that we bought in Marsden Park, the land was pricier because of all the development and changing the name, especially to Lynch, would devalue our investments.

Anyway, about 2 months later, a solution was decided on. My estate would be split in 2, with the established area being North Marsden Park, and the developing area being Lynch. The newer residents didn’t like that, and the fight continued. About 2 months later, council agreed that our area would go to North Marsden Park, and Lynch was no more.

So it goes to the EPA, or whoever approves the naming.. can’t remember. They declined North Marsden Park because of the “North” reference. Apparently they aren’t approving anything with directions at the moment. They suggested to council we remain in Marsden Park, which council have settled on.

So after a year, and God knows how much money council have spent on this, we’re back to where we started.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Made: Just took my seat for Dawkins and didn’t realize my ticket was front row and dead centre.

Ruined: Lawrence Krauss was replaced by John Safran, though after a private message Think Inc have offered me 2 free tickets to a future event to make up for it.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Crazy FFBB!

What kind of **** goes “Lynch has a nice ring to it! The people will love it!”?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

gangrenous wrote:Crazy FFBB!

What kind of **** goes “Lynch has a nice ring to it! The people will love it!”?
Right?! What gets me was that they banged on about having the residents choose the name, then gave us an option that no one voted for!

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I drive past your place on a semi regular basis, Fui.

That area has gone berserk with development the past 12 months. And Richmond Rd can be a total pain in the bum

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

When the brewery gets built, we’ll have to catch up for a drink Dubs!

It has gone beserk. Our estate backed onto an old driving range/9 Hole golf course.
I was loving the idea of walking to the range and having a hit, until the course was sold to Stockland. Now it’s going to be an over 50’s estate.

Richmond Rd is a nightmare these days. They widened the road right to our estate, then cut it back to 2 lanes at our turnoff. Means it’s always backed up right at my place!

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I hate that turn off. Next time, I'm turning down that road and looking for Mac and Cheese.

Sounds good fui. I will be moving in January though.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Let’s hope the brewery is done by then! Otherwise we’ll look elsewhere

Nickman's love of NSW
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Made: went for a drive into the alps today. And came back into Munich for dinner and found a parking space easily!

ImageImage
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Plus I got to do 180km/h on the autobahn. Wasn't game to do faster haha
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Made: the smile on the faces of the reception at Lufthansa Business Lounge Gate H Munich when they finally figured out how to charge entry to the Business Lounge for an Virgin Australia economy class ticket on an Etihad operated flight for a Velocity Gold member back to whoever is supposed to be charged.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:Made: the smile on the faces of the reception at Lufthansa Business Lounge Gate H Munich when they finally figured out how to charge entry to the Business Lounge for an Virgin Australia economy class ticket on an Etihad operated flight for a Velocity Gold member back to whoever is supposed to be charged.
Third party lounges on Velocity are a complete nightmare.

Also, hahahaha you're only Gold.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

made - job offer
ruined - not enough coin offered

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Had one of them recently, told them to jam it
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:Made: the smile on the faces of the reception at Lufthansa Business Lounge Gate H Munich when they finally figured out how to charge entry to the Business Lounge for an Virgin Australia economy class ticket on an Etihad operated flight for a Velocity Gold member back to whoever is supposed to be charged.
Third party lounges on Velocity are a complete nightmare.

Also, hahahaha you're only Gold.

One more trip like this in the next two months and I'll be platinum