Re: Sezer close to re-signing

Post by The Nickman »

I don’t care if we lose Paulo, Boyd, Papalii or Austin if THIS happens

But if we can keep Boyd and Paps, it’s a bonus
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Not sure why you think this Nickman. We can't lose all four of those players. We need to keep one of Boyd and Paulo, and Papalii.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

YESSSSSS BEST NEWS. Especially if he can keep this run of form up. Let him control it!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Sezer and papalii are the big priorities for me. Especially if papalii is playing big minutes at lock.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

I like this. He’s shown some real form lately (excluding the Souths game) and has given 100% every game despite being bashed every single game. He saved a try and scored a try off a tough run on the weekend. It just looks to me like he wants it.

Papa is crucial. We can work something out even if both the props go but Papa is a class above.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:Not sure why you think this Nickman. We can't lose all four of those players. We need to keep one of Boyd and Paulo, and Papalii.
I don’t think so, props are props. Bellamy has proven time and time again you don’t need high paid props to win games, provided everyone in the squad is switched on and knows their role to a tee

Which is the difference between a great coach and one who lets them all basically do what they want out there
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:30 pm
greeneyed wrote:Not sure why you think this Nickman. We can't lose all four of those players. We need to keep one of Boyd and Paulo, and Papalii.
I don’t think so, props are props. Bellamy has proven time and time again you don’t need high paid props to win games, provided everyone in the squad is switched on and knows their role to a tee

Which is the difference between a great coach and one who lets them all basically do what they want out there
I know what you're saying but I'm sure Jesse Bromwich isn't too cheap.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Roy Rover wrote:

But we haven’t got the coach to be able to do this.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I'm happy for him to stay, but it comes down to price.

I don't want to spend too much on the 2019 interchange hooker.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:15 pm I don’t care if we lose Paulo, Boyd, Papalii or Austin if THIS happens

Looks like we'll lose Boyd and Paulo mate.

Happy to keep Sezer though.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Great news! On Sezer close to re-signing, that is.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Roy Rover wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:50 pm

Kasiano and Asafa Solomona would be on decent coin too
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:15 pm I don’t care if we lose Paulo, Boyd, Papalii or Austin if THIS happens

Looks like we'll lose Boyd and Paulo mate.

Happy to keep Sezer though.
I just hope Austin is with those leaving as well

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Melbourne's prop rotation is Bromwich, Asofa-Solomona,.Glasby and Kasiano. Hopeless
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Happy to see Sezer re-signed for the right price. Hope we're not paying overs though. And no way I'm happy to see 4 forwards go to keep him haha that comment will officially do me.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I presume Sezer will be paid slightly below the average halfback wage (which will be well above the average player wage) and I’m OK with that.

I sincerely doubt he will be paid the same as the highest paid group of halves.

He’s just started to find his feet and develop some good combinations with players in both attack and defence. It’s time for him to make hay at the Raiders.

It would be a dumb choice for his game development and improvement if he had to start again somewhere else.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I love what I am seeing from Sezer. He is taking ownership of the team, something he hasn't done in the past (at least it wasn't visible before).

Would be good to keep him in the team.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Sezer is finding that Titans Sezer form that saw him lead the team. He needs ownership and now he has it, he is stepping up. This is why I feel Scott Drinkwater is his best halves partner. He is young, he is good, but Sezer can own the centre and Drinkwater plays off him or steps in when needed. We will see more of this from him in this situation. If you bring another established or semi established half that wants the number 1 spot, they will just end up cancelling each other out like Sezer/Austin, Sezer/Williams did.

Hand him the reigns. Hand him a fantastic junior with legit talent and we prosper.

But, it doesn't matter anyway.

Ricky kills halves. This dream is only a reality under any another coach. Any other coach.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I think it is a good re-signing, at the right price. Solid in defence, and has shown signs that he can regain some of the form he had with the Titans (particularly his kicking game).

It is strange because on paper, Austin/Sezer should be a great halves combination but for whatever reason, it still has not worked. Part of it has been Austin taking the reigns when it is not his strength and Sezer allowing him to. I still remember Sezer and Kelly (of all people!) having a decent combination at the Titans, with Kelly focusing on his running game and Sezer game managing. In saying all of that - Austin needs to sort his defence first anyway.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

I like this news. Hopefully we get it done.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

AUSTEZER
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by AUSTEZER »

Oh yeah let's get it done
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

So when Hodjo is back will Sezer go back into his shell?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Kryptonite wrote: May 1, 2018, 7:22 pm So when Hodjo is back will Sezer go back into his shell?
Gawd let's hope not.

Hodgo was trying to do too much last year cuz Sezer and Brake were smelling terrible.

Let Sezer run the show and Hodgo will resume looking fantastic.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

This is really all very simple.

Blake, you can run, step, dummy, take penalty kicks and dropouts. Have some fun. And then when it's time to kick, give the ball to Aidan. Aidan calls the shots. Josh, same to you. You can give your standard service out of dummy half, have a few scoots and runs, but let Aidan call the shots.

Then we could keep all three and it would be fine.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

raiderskater, no mention of defence on Blake's 'To Do' list. He is already fulfilling that.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sezer and Bateman are Canberra Raiders re-signing priorities

Of the 13 players off-contract with Canberra this season, half Aidan Sezer and lock Luke Bateman are the club’s priority retentions. Sezer is in advanced talks to sign off on a new two-year-deal. Sia Soliola turns 32 in August but the Raiders are hopeful of extending his stay at least another season.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ac706bf762
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Bateman is our priority retention? :doubt: Hopefully we see some Papalii news in these articles soon.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

raiderskater wrote: May 1, 2018, 10:10 pm This is really all very simple.

Blake, you can run, step, dummy, take penalty kicks and dropouts. Have some fun. And then when it's time to kick, give the ball to Aidan. Aidan calls the shots. Josh, same to you. You can give your standard service out of dummy half, have a few scoots and runs, but let Aidan call the shots.

That's some pretty good advice, but I would add that he still needs to pass more and dummy less. The blokes outside him fair dinkum catch a cold most nights.

And dummying less will make it even more effective too.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Deary me.....
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

-GD- wrote: May 2, 2018, 9:33 am
Deary me.....
:nooo
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

As in 'they are the only one's likely to re-sign'

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Ok.

Looks like Boyd and Papa are gone.

Titans have done well.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
raiderskater wrote: May 1, 2018, 10:10 pm This is really all very simple.

That's some pretty good advice, but I would add that he still needs to pass more and dummy less. The blokes outside him fair dinkum catch a cold most nights.

And dummying less will make it even more effective too.
I've said before, Austin and Leilua need each other. Austin's show and go is so much more effective with BJ as the dummy receiver because he's such a dangerous early ball guy, BJ is more dangerous himself if the opposition know they can't early slide to him due to Austin's show and go.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

-GD- wrote: May 2, 2018, 9:33 am
Deary me.....
He's a priority at his price point.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.