Board updates

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: Board updates

Post by Sid »

Dibbers wrote: February 14, 2018, 9:07 am Is anyone getting this message when they try to go to "new posts" in the quick links? Its sporadic, but its been happening over the last few days or so:

Information
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. The server has high load. Please try again later.
yep
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Sid wrote:
Dibbers wrote: February 14, 2018, 9:07 am Is anyone getting this message when they try to go to "new posts" in the quick links? Its sporadic, but its been happening over the last few days or so:

Information
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. The server has high load. Please try again later.
yep
Ok cool. I thought it was personal...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I found a moon rock in my nose....
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Notifications seem to not work in the app?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Yes, our server is filling up and more room will soon need to be created.
CRR

Post by CRR »

dear god, sorry to say but this is a downgrade from what we had, go back and retrieve the old version
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

CRR wrote:dear god, sorry to say but this is a downgrade from what we had, go back and retrieve the old version
You can't.. it's not possible
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

CRR wrote:dear god, sorry to say but this is a downgrade from what we had, go back and retrieve the old version
The problem is our software was so out of date, we’d have a forum that eventually was unsupported and would crash.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

App still works exactly the same so I’m happy

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Unfortunately there are some kinks that’ll need to be worked out with the apps too. But glad to hear you’re all OK with the app you use!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Board updates

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Am I the only one who can’t post pics in the app? Just tried to do a Mack and Cheese update, but it won’t load

Side note - Mack and Cheese just started following TheGH. Any chance of a follow back? The girls have more followers than me!

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Am I the only one who can’t post pics in the app? Just tried to do a Mack and Cheese update, but it won’t load

Side note - Mack and Cheese just started following TheGH. Any chance of a follow back? The girls have more followers than me!

Same issue with the photos

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Apple, for reasons known best to them, have decided that our custom Tapatalk app is prohibited from uploading photos. Not just ours, everyone’s. they can now only be added as attachments. Tapatalk say they can’t do anything about it. The only problem is, if you upload as an attachment on the app, you cannot see them on the forum. Life is just made more and more difficult constantly by Apple and Facebook. For little apparent reason.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

No issues on Android.. that's what you get for buying into apples world domination
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Thanks for the update GE. So that’s it for iPhone users?

And what about following Mack and Cheese?

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What is Mack and Cheese?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Facebook's new algorithm is killing pages in favour of family and friends posts... so even if you like The GH and want to see our posts on Facebook, Facebook are suppressing them from your feeds... help us out by commenting and liking all our Facebook posts... because that is what seems to be driving the algorithm.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:What is Mack and Cheese?
Question is WHO are Mack and Cheese, and they just started following TheGH’s Insta page
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Two new additions to the Fui Household. Mack and Cheese

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

So how do we follow them?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Search for at_home_with_mack_and_cheese. TheGH should have also got a notification that they started following you. You can click Follow back in the notification

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You should introduce them to Elliott Whitehead's dogs. They have their own Instragram too.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Will do, what’s their name?

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't remember. We're following them though. Maybe ask Elliott.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

So yesterday I updated my 'contact' email address and now I can't get into GH Tapatalk. Don't know what's wrong but it's bloody annoying.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm not sure either. We are having the Apple app rebuilt... but their engineers are still working on fixing it. Are you on the Android app? Is anyone having trouble with the Android app? Double posts seem to be the biggest problem on the Apple app... but there are others as well.

Once we get it fixed, if you're not already on The GH app, download that one... as that is the one we get support to fix and make sure it works.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: February 25, 2018, 8:31 pm So yesterday I updated my 'contact' email address and now I can't get into GH Tapatalk. Don't know what's wrong but it's bloody annoying.
Can you also please make a complaint to Tapatalk with a screen shot etc of your problem? That's probably the most effective way to address this particular problem.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I am a member of another forum with Tapatalk and I can access that one ok. I'll just post directly to the website instead, thats ok.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I knew it! You’ve been running around with that floozy car forum haven’t you! Haven’t you!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

C'mon Gangers. This is Canberra, mountain bike capital of the World. I follow Rotorburn, it's a mountain biking forum. Not particularly active there anymore though.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sounds interesting... maybe an open marriage is in order
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

All the bugs should have been worked through with the board now...

There are still bugs with The GH branded apps, which Tapatalk is working through.

On Monday at 11am AEDT, Go Hosting will transfer the site to a single URL: www.thegh.com.au. This will be a secure URL (ie https://). If you are accustomed to using the original URL, www.thegreenhouseact.com.au, you will need to update your bookmarks.

You may experience some disruptions as the URL promulgates. We may also have some disruptions to the mobile apps, while we transfer.

Apologies for that, but browsers are recognising our site as being "not secure", because we have two URLs. We need to make sure that users are confident in the security of the site.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Tapatalk very slow. Won't open

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I believe it is because we have the very latest version of phpbb, and Tapatalk is still catching up to it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We have fully transferred over the domain for the site to TheGH.com.au. It will take some time for the mobile apps to change over, but hopefully not too long.

If you're experiencing any issues, please let us know.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The URL has been updated for our mobile app... but if you're having problems accessing the forum via the mobile app... try the first solution below, and then the others in order:

1. Visit settings in the app >> Clear Cache.
2. Logout / Login.
3. Completely close app / reopen app. (Delete the app and redownload it.)
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: February 27, 2018, 9:07 pm C'mon Gangers. This is Canberra, mountain bike capital of the World. I follow Rotorburn, it's a mountain biking forum. Not particularly active there anymore though.
Wow, I used to be on that before the name change!

It will always be **** to me....