Gold Coast Titans 2018

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by greeneyed »

Gold Coast Titans appoint new head of football as rebuild ramps up

The Gold Coast Titans' rebuild has taken another vital step with Phil Moss appointed as head of football where he will oversee football operations, including recruitment.

Moss held the same role at the Cronulla Sharks for the past year and had similar positions at the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers and the Parramatta Eels over the past 12 years.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/24/tit ... -ramps-up/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by -PJ- »

This is my spoon tip...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Bryce Cartwright granted immediate release to join the Titans...

Penrith Panthers release Bryce Cartwright to join Gold Coast Titans

Garth Brennan has hailed Bryce Cartwright as the "most skilful player I've ever coached" and is convinced he can turn him into a State of Origin regular after the enigmatic star walked out on the Panthers to take up a deal close to $3 million with NRL strugglers Gold Coast.

Cartwright, 23, added to the NRL's summer merry-go-round after asking for a release from his Panthers deal, which was to keep him at the foot of the mountains for another four years, to reunite with Penrith's former lower-grade coach Brennan.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 0t6wp.html

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Titans making immediate use of the money freed up by Hayne leaving.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

**** that is a brilliant signing.
Last edited by greeneyed on February 4, 2018, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swearing is not permitted on the site.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

Can't wait to see the defensive combo of Cartwright, Elgey and Brenko.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

-PJ- wrote:This is my spoon tip...

I’ve got them making the 8. They have one of the better starting forward packs in the comp and have recruited well enough that whilst their backline doesn’t look extremely flash it does have some good competition for spots.

I like What I have seen and read about Brennan as a coach and he has bought along his own backroom. Which may help fix what I think has been the Titans biggest problem over the past years - the amount of injuries the club has must be a result of training.

As a club they have new owners and New training facilities which should help to a degree.

To be honest I will head down and watch them play a number of times this year and with the exception of round 1 will be cheering them on.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Don’t forget RTW that they cut loose the dead weight holding them back
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

gangrenous wrote:Don’t forget RTW that they cut loose the dead weight holding them back
Good point! And the man they got to replace him is the total opposite in almost every respect.

I don’t think Gordon’s influence on this team will be felt as much on the field as it will be off the field. Talk to anyone who has worked with him and he is just such a hard worker.compare this influence on the halves to what Hayne offered.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

That doesn’t change the fact he will be the 17th best fullback in the comp with daylight 16th
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Fullback is the major weakness in their squad for sure. If they had a better fullback, they could shift Gordon to the wing and they’d have a decent side.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

BrisbaneRaider wrote:Can't wait to see the defensive combo of Cartwright, Elgey and Brenko.
Yuk Good point!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

julian87 wrote:That doesn’t change the fact he will be the 17th best fullback in the comp with daylight 16th

Plenty of non-Raiders supporters would argue that Wighton holds that position.

He is getting old but their is a bees dick between his best x worst game. The same can’t be said for the likes of Wighton and The tigers fullback ( name escapes me).
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Brennan seems like a likeable chap. I'd say the Pamfers are a bigger chance of missing the 8 than the Titans.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

RTW wrote:
julian87 wrote:That doesn’t change the fact he will be the 17th best fullback in the comp with daylight 16th

Plenty of non-Raiders supporters would argue that Wighton holds that position.

He is getting old but their is a bees dick between his best x worst game. The same can’t be said for the likes of Wighton and The tigers fullback ( name escapes me).
Could find the odd Raiders fan too I reckon...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

RTW wrote:

I’ve got them making the 8. They have one of the better starting forward packs in the comp and have recruited well enough that whilst their backline doesn’t look extremely flash it does have some good competition for spots.

I like What I have seen and read about Brennan as a coach and he has bought along his own backroom. Which may help fix what I think has been the Titans biggest problem over the past years - the amount of injuries the club has must be a result of training.

As a club they have new owners and New training facilities which should help to a degree.

To be honest I will head down and watch them play a number of times this year and with the exception of round 1 will be cheering them on.
Really? What is their starting pack? Peats, Paasi, Cartwright - who else have they got?

RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

James, Wallace, Proctor,
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

gergreg wrote: February 4, 2018, 9:12 pm
RTW wrote:

Really? What is their starting pack? Peats, Paasi, Cartwright - who else have they got?

James
Peats
Latu
Proctor
Cartwright
Arrow

(Wallace)
Not even in the top 5 starting packs imo. It’s a very weak back row. Proctor showed last year he’s not world class, Arrow’s a rookie and Carty is a back row/half hybrid.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

RTW wrote: February 4, 2018, 1:31 pm

Still last...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Brennan defends Wallace against Origin detractors

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has taken a shot at the criticism aimed at Jarrod Wallace after the Maroons prop hit back from an underwhelming effort on Wednesday with an outstanding performance in the Titans' narrow loss to South Sydney at Cbus Super Stadium.

With interchange props Max King and Moeaki Fotuaika lasting just six minutes between them because of injury, Wallace put in an outstanding effort of pure will in front of Maroons coach Kevin Walters just 48 hours after playing for Queensland.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/09/gol ... etractors/
gerg
Laurie Daley

Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by gerg »

Brimson firms in battle for Titans' No.6

Gold Coast rookie Alexander 'AJ' Brimson appears to have worked his way into the Titans' long-term plans but the future of the man he has replaced is far less certain.

Still only 19, Brimson has displaced fellow Tweed Heads talent Kane Elgey in the halves and is signed with the club until 2020.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/brimso ... 4zlco.html
gerg
Laurie Daley

Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by gerg »

Elgey among group of Titans yet to secure future

Gold Coast five-eighth Kane Elgey's future remains in limbo as he attracts offers from home and abroad.

The Titans head into their round 15 clash with the Bulldogs on Saturday with five of their selected players still unsigned for next season, including winger Anthony Don who celebrates his 100th game for the club at Belmore Sports Ground.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/13/fut ... -in-limbo/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There's reports Bryce Cartwright has broke his hand a training.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Jake wrote:Brennan seems like a likeable chap. I'd say the Pamfers are a bigger chance of missing the 8 than the Titans.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:There's reports Bryce Cartwright has broke his hand a training.
convenient

Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: June 28, 2018, 12:26 pm There's reports Bryce Cartwright has broke his hand a training.
If this is legit and not a weird smokescreen, I genuinely feel for the guy.

He had his personal issues at the panthers that were effecting his mental health, and part of recovering from that was moving state. His issues have obviously followed him to a point, and its affecting his game. Now to add to the fact that in the last week his own coach has said publicly he is free to shop himself, he now gets a broken hand.... the guy must be in a fairly bad state.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

bonehead wrote:
convenient

Repeatedly slamming your hand with your locker door will get you there in the end.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
bonehead wrote:
convenient

Repeatedly slamming your hand with your locker door will get you there in the end.
I can't imagine it was from tackle practice
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
bonehead wrote:
convenient

Image Image

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: June 29, 2018, 8:32 am
reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
bonehead wrote:
convenient

Image Image

Tackle practice..I'll pay that one reptar. :woot:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-PJ- wrote: January 30, 2018, 2:15 pm This is my spoon tip...
This prediction I'm still comfortable with...maybe. :doubt:
zilhouse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by zilhouse »

-PJ- wrote: July 17, 2018, 7:54 am
-PJ- wrote: January 30, 2018, 2:15 pm This is my spoon tip...
This prediction I'm still comfortable with...maybe. :doubt:
They were mine too man. Pretty unlucky club. Must have some muppets running it. You had all the coke stuff before Neil Henry took over. Neil gets them to the semi's where they get robbed against the broncos who end up making the GF. The board along with Hayne train, Ash Taylor and Garth Brennen black ball him and sack him. Would you say they are better or worse now?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

And don't forget Cartwright..who has forgotten how to tackle.