dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: The Phrase Connect Game!

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:
dubby wrote:TW
Wrong.
Hey, i got overlooked for dibbers, so be buggered if I was going to let pigman or nickman jump in for you!!!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:
Wrong.
Hey, i got overlooked for dibbers, so be buggered if I was going to let pigman or nickman jump in for you!!!
Yeah but that's because I'm awesome...
I found a moon rock in my nose....
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

That's got to be your shortest post ever, and yes I agree.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

dubby wrote:That's got to be your shortest post ever, and yes I agree.
It didn't need any further justification :D
I found a moon rock in my nose....
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'll remember that!

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:
Wrong.
Could be that T_R is referring to the -TW- leading hyphen rather than his own vanity?

Nah probably not Image
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:
Wrong.
I feel your pain, I’ve been told my name is one of the most unique on here, and I get overlooked for Freddo!

I’m starting to get a complex that MB has me blocked or something.. never reading my posts
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Lucy got a mention.

Nailed it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote:
dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:
Wrong.
Could be that T_R is referring to the -TW- leading hyphen rather than his own vanity?

Nah probably not Image
Pffft. Mr I'll mention Dibbers NEVER Dubby. Image

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Will you ever forgive me dubs?

You land a Z greenhouser and send us down the alphabet again and we’ll see what happens
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

RaidingZ??

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Is there a Zimbabwe Raider?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I remembered all of the posters starting with ‘X’ all of a sudden..

xtr-33m, XLR8, xman0444, xr8stu, xenoraider, X.North

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Sid
Ricky Stuart

The Phrase Connect Game!

Post by Sid »

There’s 1 poster starting with ‘y’ and they last visited the site in June 2005...

Edit ignore this.. fake news
Last edited by Sid on December 4, 2017, 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

yuthrie
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Zim
Same Topic
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sid wrote:I remembered all of the posters starting with ‘X’ all of a sudden..

Someone found the search user function!
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

gangrenous wrote:
Sid wrote:I remembered all of the posters starting with ‘X’ all of a sudden..

Someone found the search user function!
And ruined Christmas

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:
dubby wrote:
T_R wrote:
Wrong.

Nah probably not Image
Doesn't sound likely, no.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Brewdle wrote:Wodgers
Wrong
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sid wrote:There’s 1 poster starting with ‘y’ and they last visited the site in June 2005...

Edit ignore this.. fake news
Good chat CNN

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Albi
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Brezhnev

This was a list of eldery communists, right?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Castro

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Deng

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Frederich Engels

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Yurkaterina Furstseva

Edit: Oops. Yekaterina Furtseva

Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

Zaius?

Is he even still alive?

Ederly communist that is..

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Captain Punish wrote:Zaius?

Is he even still alive?

You've gone off early again.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

What happened to Dr Zauis?

Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:
Captain Punish wrote:Zaius?

Is he even still alive?

You've gone off early again.
That explains my 5 kids perfectly.