Total votes: 33

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Voting Open! TheGH Music tournament finalists

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Madonna has a vote, she’s in. I’m just going to wildcard the 0’s

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Out of curiosity is there any methodology behind the list, there appears to be some greats and some absolute shockers.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Manbush wrote:Out of curiosity is there any methodology behind the list, there appears to be some greats and some absolute shockers.
People power. On Monday I asked the GH faithful to nominate who they want to see, then on Wednesday, those that didn’t get more than one nomination made this list.

Which reminds me - Voting stops at 10am, if there’s anyone with 0 votes you want to see get in, vote now or risk them getting selected via a random wildcard!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Can I vote against people getting a wildcard?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Voting is closed! After randomising the remaining entrants, below are the wildcards

Chet Baker
Angus and Julia Stone
John Farnham
Kiss
Marvin Gaye
Bob Dylan
Gotye
Boy and Bear
Elliott Smith
Billie Holiday
Screaming Jets
Sherbet
Bananarama
James Reyne
30 Seconds to Mars
Simon and Garfunkel
Robbie Williams

I will now get cracking on the draw. I've seeded Queen, Foo Fighters, Led Zepplin, Midnight Oil, Pink Floyd, the Beatles and Michael Jackson as they all received more than 2 noms in the original vote, and seeded ACDA for getting the most votes in this draw

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

And here it is guys, the draw for the inaugural GH Music Tournament. Round 1 will begin next week with Queen taking on Fleetwood Mac

I think there’s some tough Rd 1 match ups.
Queen vs Fleetwood Mac
Led Zepplin vs Cold Chisel
Michael Jackson vs Silverchair
David Bowie vs Chris Isaac

It’s hard to see and predict who will be favourites to make it to the final. I think Pink Floyd has the easiest draw, with Queen having some tough bands to beat.

Happy for someone to post up some odds for winning

Nickman's love of NSW
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Fui why are you having wildcards with 0 votes yet not including ones that actually got votes, like Sonic Youth and Nick Cave (and Kiss got a vote so shouldn’t be a wild card)?

I’m calling shenanigans, I voted for those 3 around lunchtime yesterday!
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Good grief MB
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So we're going for a 64 band comp. Otherwise there'll be riots in the forum if we cull the ones that have received votes.
I'm liking the current process of everyone posting their votes instead of using the voting button. I have a spreadsheet going tracking the results, so posting them makes it easier for me if you can
I was tracking people's posts instead of the votes, because it was easier to track on my spreadsheet

Alright, so I'm replacing Simon and Garfunkel with Sonic Youth, and Robbie Williams with Nick Cave

Nickman's love of NSW
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Um :opps
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Updated draw

Nickman's love of NSW