I had a dream

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: I had a dream

Post by greeneyed »

Notaroboticfish wrote:I had a dream last night where I travelled 1000 years into the future permanently. The first thing I did was go on the Greenhouse and was honestly very upset that it hadn't been touched since 2070. The whole time I was regretting travelling into the future, because no more wasting my time on the greenhouse.
It's upsetting to see that The Greenhouse posters of 2070 drop the ball.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

So, I had a dream that I worked for a mining company with Nickman and Manbush. I needed a quote on something, and emailed Nickman about it. He told me that I needed to follow it up with Manbush. Turns out it cost about $25k and Bushy was too scared to submit it.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Notaroboticfish wrote:I had a dream last night where I travelled 1000 years into the future permanently. The first thing I did was go on the Greenhouse and was honestly very upset that it hadn't been touched since 2070. The whole time I was regretting travelling into the future, because no more wasting my time on the greenhouse.
How many posts was GE up to in 2070?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:So, I had a dream that I worked for a mining company with Nickman and Manbush. I needed a quote on something, and emailed Nickman about it. He told me that I needed to follow it up with Manbush. Turns out it cost about $25k and Bushy was too scared to submit it.
Probably because it was only worth $10k and I was struggling to find a good explanation for the $15k worth of other "expenses".
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Not a dream but woke up with this song in my head and 3hrs later still can't get it out of my head :lol:

I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

So i had a dream that i went for a job at the raiders.
I was at hq, when Donny turned up apologising for being late. He went through Orange.
I went into a building where TR was also in line for an interview, as was Gangers and pigman. Now i don't know gangers and Nick from Adam, but hey they were there.
Anyway I spilled chocolate all over my white shirt and tried rinsing it under a tap. Didnt work, and TR tried but no avail.

Anyway i realised it was now late in the day and everyone else has their interview but me. I eventually went in and had my interview in front of all other applicants. First question Donny asked me was 'what do we have in common with the South Australian police?'

I was dumbstruck. But i said they taught us how to do media interview. Donny smiled and said i was the only one to answer correctly.
At the end i got a suitability score of 52%. TR got the highest at 58% with everyone else in between.

Best part? All gh posters got jobs.

Sums up the raiders, i think.

I then had another dream where i was fighting Nazis, and our turns out gangers was a Nazi.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:So i had a dream that i went for a job at the raiders.
I was at hq, when Donny turned up apologising for being late. He went through Orange.
I went into a building where TR was also in line for an interview, as was Gangers and pigman. Now i don't know gangers and Nick from Adam, but hey they were there.
Anyway I spilled chocolate all over my white shirt and tried rinsing it under a tap. Didnt work, and TR tried but no avail.

Anyway i realised it was now late in the day and everyone else has their interview but me. I eventually went in and had my interview in front of all other applicants. First question Donny asked me was 'what do we have in common with the South Australian police?'

I was dumbstruck. But i said they taught us how to do media interview. Donny smiled and said i was the only one to answer correctly.
At the end i got a suitability score of 52%. TR got the highest at 58% with everyone else in between.

Best part? All gh posters got jobs.

Sums up the raiders, i think.

I then had another dream where i was fighting Nazis, and our turns out gangers was a Nazi.
what job did i get?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

You weren't in the dream.

It was me, TR, pigman, Gangers and GE

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Nice to know your subconscious has me pegged as a Nazi dubby

Although if I’m honest I’m more upset T_R got a higher suitability score than me...
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Well, in my dream I was very surprised and saddened you were a Nazi

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Surprised and saddened right before you killed my Nazi **** right?

Now to the important point. Explain how T_R beat me
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Well....he's TR

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote:
Did we win the 2017, 18 and 19 premierships ?
Well I'm from the future and I can tell you no... no, we don't
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
Who does? I promised not to bet on them
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

reptar wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
The Storm beats the Cowboys. You'll never believe this, but Shaun Fensom, that's right the ex-Raider, breaks his leg in the opening minutes of the grand final.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:
reptar wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
The Storm beats the Cowboys. You'll never believe this, but Shaun Fensom, that's right the ex-Raider, breaks his leg in the opening minutes of the grand final.
Brilliant! Although sad for Mr Fensom
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

The Nickman wrote:
reptar wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
Let me guess. In Origin NSW wins one of the first two games, all the media starts talking them up and they all think they have a really good chance. They get embarrassed because of no quality halves or hookers, same people who keep failing get picked again, no one loses their jobs?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Notaroboticfish wrote:Let me guess. In Origin NSW wins one of the first two games, all the media starts talking them up and they all think they have a really good chance. They get embarrassed because of no quality halves or hookers, same people who keep failing get picked again, no one loses their jobs?
Yep, every year!
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I had a dream that Dubby joined the Rebs.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

And Bay was being looked after by the nuns.
This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I have this recurring dream where some smoking hot chick is about to..

And then I wake up..

Everytime.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Last night I dreamt I went to the cricket and I believe it was at the SCG. I was admitted to a special area, with a ticket with someone else's name on it... and I went in. It had all the commentators in this area and a whole lot of other people. I said I want a sandwich and chips and they said, we don't have that but we have a whole lot of other drinks and food from all over the world. Anything you want.

Then the next thing I know, I'm climbing through the ceiling so I can get on the roof of the stadium. And then I'm on the roof and I'm walking around... but then I get on my hands and knees so I don't fall off when I get to the edge.

So the next thing I'm doing is taking pictures and putting them up on Instagram, and taking video and putting them up. And then Australia does something really amazing and I take more pics and video of that and the crowd reaction and put it up. But then I see someone, some security, seeing me on the roof and I'm trying to get off... but I can't find the hole in the ceiling to get back down. So I'm crawling around trying to find it, and there's some guy who wants to get me.

Next thing, I get to the edge and see that I can just easily just get down off one edge and then walk down this garden path to get out. I don't have to go through the ceiling. And I do that, but then I realise that security guy is looking for me. So I take down all the pics from Instagram, so they don't know I was up on the roof.

And then... I walk out, all innocent like... past the security. And I'm going home... and suddenly realise I forgot to take down the Instagram story videos! I'm getting on the underground trains and trying to get home, and there are guys chasing me. So I'm getting on different platforms and down different escalators. All the time I'm trying to take down the videos when I was on the roof!

Next thing... I wake up.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:Last night I dreamt I went to the cricket and I believe it was at the SCG. I was admitted to a special area, with a ticket with someone else's name on it... and I went in.
Your subconscious is still punishing you for rolling that guy for tickets outside Manuka Oval, I see.

As is appropriate.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

The peak of GE's nightmare was when he looked around the stadium and realised he wasn't at the SCG at all.. oh no, the game had been moved to Wagga Wagga!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sid wrote:The peak of GE's nightmare was when he looked around the stadium and realised he wasn't at the SCG at all.. oh no, the game had been moved to Wagga Wagga!
and they only had still water
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

And he had to take a train home!!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I had a dream where my wife and I stayed with Fergus for some reason. He had just renovated his home, and it had nice wooden floors and done in a rustic setting.
But it was really small.
I went downstairs and when I a
Came up Fergus locked the door and wouldn't let me in!

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Apparently Fergus has the same dream several nights a week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I had a dream that I found a book that foretold all the NRL premiers in advance.

Apparently the GF this year will be played by Manly and Parramatta, with Manly winning 29-20

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

dubby wrote:I had a dream that I found a book that foretold all the NRL premiers in advance.

Apparently the GF this year will be played by Manly and Parramatta, with Manly winning 29-20

Gamblors! Get on board!
When did we win our next one Dubs?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I had a dream I was in a induced coma for 30years, woke up in 2050 and went to a John Farnham concert with friends...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote:I had a dream I was in a induced coma for 30years, woke up in 2050 and went to a John Farnham concert with friends...
It was probably his last ever tour
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I had a dream last night. Mrs Fui, Paul Kent and I went to this beachside suburb called Tranquil Waters to visit Dubs. We were staying in this apartment complex across the road from the beach.

The morning before we met up with Dubs, Mrs Fui, PK and I were walking around the town. On the ocean side of the road, there were house slabs, wiring coming out of the ground, but no houses. I was trying to explain to PK how the houses were unfinished because of council issues. So all these houses started being built, but never got finished. Every time I started talking though, PK would interrupt me and talk over me, which really started cheesing me off.

The dream ended with me cracking it and heading to the Bottlo to get drinks for Dubs’ place. The bottle shop was surrounded by this giant wire-fenced wall, with a police guard. I needed to sign in and be escorted into the Bottle Shop. I opened the doors, yelled out “Oh hey Dubs” then I woke up
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 28, 2021, 10:28 pm Every time I started talking though, Paul Kent would interrupt me and talk over me, which really started cheesing me off.
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 28, 2021, 10:28 pm Every time I started talking though, Paul Kent would interrupt me and talk over me, which really started cheesing me off.
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
It was pretty bad. To the point I woke up angry at Paul Kent

Nickman's love of NSW