Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Steve's Lazy Snooker

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote:got any draytons reds back there general?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You're recovering from surgery!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:

fine I'll get my own, fathers day shopping run was great. Leogate, Scarborough, Draytons

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:lol:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

bonehead wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

fine I'll get my own, fathers day shopping run was great. Leogate, Scarborough, Draytons

Get in line boss, I been waiting for 3 days for my drink

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

my surgeon needs paying, he drinks red

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

What's everyone's preference between Scotch and Bourbon?

Me, I'm a Bourbon drinker, but my mates try and convert me to Scotch. I don't know, I don't find it as smooth. Bourbon is more welcoming to me.

Who agrees?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Don't be silly. It's scotch.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Bourbon ftw

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Gin.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Captain Punish wrote:Gin.

Oh Lucy, no......just no..... next thing you're mixing vodka and coke

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Or throwing around racial and homophobic slurs
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

I'll have a Hendricks, tonic and cucumber thanks bar keep. Make it heavy on the ice. Cheers.

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Negroni please keep!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Pigman wrote:Or throwing around racial and homophobic slurs
Hahahahahaha PTOOOTN, dubs!

Also, for me it's bourbon. I was at my old man's place on Friday and he insisted we had a few scotches on the rocks as a nightcap, but I still prefer my Maker's and soda, heaps of ice.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

let's start the day slow keep, bundy red and dry no ice

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I dabble in the Wild Turkey...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

A small glass of Milk please Steve and make it skim... aahhhh to hell with it, it's Mad Monday season! Make it full cream!!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Steve has checked into a facility after struggling to deal with the surge in popularity of his joint.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:Steve has checked into a facility after struggling to deal with the surge in popularity of his joint.
Tell him to take our transgender friends with him. We all know how badly they need it.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:Steve has checked into a facility after struggling to deal with the surge in popularity of his joint.
That explains the drink service, anyway.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Shut up and drink your drinks.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The barman wanders in after 3 days without service and is rude and surly.

Authentic French atmosphere to this place, I see

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

T_R wrote:The barman wanders in after 3 days without service and is rude and surly.

:lol:

He has rebranded to the joint to "Le Billard".
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:The barman wanders in after 3 days without service and is rude and surly.

Also very similar to Rocky. Less fights though.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

in that case a bottle of Beaujolais and a game of snooker anyone?

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:
T_R wrote:The barman wanders in after 3 days without service and smashes a pint glass into my face without warning.

Fixed

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha come on TR, that was only one barman once

And I was kindof asking for it, m8
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

The Nickman wrote:

Everyone knows if you're looking for a fight to go to this place called "The Politics Thread 2016"

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

Everyone knows if you're looking for a fight to go to this place called "The Politics Thread 2016"

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Is it a fair fight over in that bar though??

Just looks like an old, drunk, homophobic guy muttering under his breath in the corner about same-sex marriage and not actually making any valid points to me.

Should've probably been cut-off from the cheap wine he was drinking ages ago.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Can I get a hug?

Feeling down today.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

dubby wrote:Can I get a hug?

Feeling down today.

id avoid hugging most in this bar tbh Dubs, but I'm always up for a warm snuggle

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Better than a cold one i guess

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sorry dubs, we're still waiting for Steve to change the rules allowing us to hug in his bar.

Apparently there's a few folks who drink at a different bar who have no intention of ever drinking at SLS who don't think we should be allowed to hug in this bar.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I see what you did there......

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Personally, I think it's none of those blokes in the other bar's opinion what we do over here at SLS