Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Post by The Nickman »

Manchild wrote:How could Bran be the night king? Isnt the night king old AF?

Also Jon **** Snow is becoming hopeless. Why the **** did he run down after all the fighting was done and try be a hero.

The bloke hardly swung a sword the entire time the crew were fighting for their lives and then suddenly Deny rocks up and he wants to show off like a 12yo with a crush. Cost the woman a dragon and he is still the hero in her eyes. ****.
Same way Bran caused Hodor to say "hold the door" for the rest of his life.

The theory is that Bran will try and stop the children of the forest making the white walkers and he will Warg into the guy being transformed, and get stuck there

And that's why the Night King always knows where he is. Because he's him
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

Should also note that if this theory is true in the current timeline Bran hasn't done that yet which explains his existence alongside the Night King. It's not a bad theory but I'm not 100% sold on it yet

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Well, the Night King pissed off Dany. It didn't end well for the last person that pissed her off.

The zombie dragon poses a problem.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

I really like the theory. That's what the video I posted a few weeks ago was about.

I'm not sure it's airtight, but it works in many ways and the show has either dropped good hints for it or there's just some uncanny coincidences.

Like when Bran sees the Night King being created, the scene cuts to Bran tightening his grip on a tree root just as Leaf is about to sink the dragon glass into the man's chest, as if Bran himself is about to be impaled. Then there's another shot of bran with the camera pulled away more to show him sitting up almost the exact same way the man is while tied to the tree. When Bran asks Leaf why she and the Children of the Forest did it, she says they needed to defend themselves "From you...from Men". And it was quite a pause before saying "from Men".

It's all ambiguous enough that you could argue for and against, but it's tasty food for thought.
Pigman wrote:I've read the night king is bran stuff
I could see it being true but I personally don't like it
Not a satisfying end game for me
I love it. It would probably mean Jon has to kill Bran. That's great. And also ties in with Martin's "bittersweet" description of how it all ends.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I actually think Jon is probably going to have to kill Bran AND Dany if it turns out Bran is the Night's King
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

How so?

Digressing but going back, I thought all the "bend the knee" **** was being repeated because Dany would actually bend the knee to Jon in the end. Then Jon goes ahead and calls her his queen like a dork. Still holding out hope though, because he didn't physically bend the knee.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Manchild wrote:Also Jon **** Snow is becoming hopeless. Why the **** did he run down after all the fighting was done and try be a hero.

The bloke hardly swung a sword the entire time the crew were fighting for their lives and then suddenly Deny rocks up and he wants to show off like a 12yo with a crush. Cost the woman a dragon and he is still the hero in her eyes. ****.
Jon's always been guilty of putting the blinkers on and being one track focused. I thought it was more him seeing Night King with a spear, and he just went Harry Hardcore to try and get to him.

I think he might feel being a bastard, he has to over compensate a bit to prove his worth. Add to that, the pressure of his family being killed and leaving him to run the north, maybe he feels he has to prove his worth more so than others.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

If Bran is the night king then he will control the army of the dead and they can join forces with Dany and Jon and March south to smash the **** out of everyone.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Post by The Nickman »

pickles wrote:If Bran is the night king then he will control the army of the dead and they can join forces with Dany and Jon and March south to smash the **** out of everyone.
Not true. There's a reason the night king turned against the children of the forest and the children ended up aligned with humans against the white walkers, even if it's Bran there was a reason this happened.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Instead of torching all the zombies, a few well directed blasts of dragon fire towards the Night's King and his cronies could have ended this whole affair right then.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

The Night King has parted fire a couple times. Plus he has those ice spears.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The producers did a brilliant job of bringing the books to the screen. It really shows that they have run out of Martin's material however.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hey all, check out Ozzy Man Reviews of the latest Game of Thrones episode. This is fantastic stuff, so good that I ended up watching all of Season 7, and then went back to the start and watched from Season 1! For some reason he doesn't do the last episode of Season 1 or all of Season 2 though (as far as I can tell anyway).

Really good stuff here, and a great way to get back over the whole series in pretty quick time (about 7 minutes an episode)

WARNING: there's a bit of explicit language here, and occasional nudity directly from the Game of Thrones series (but not in this episode here). Also, some fantastic music as the backdrop for each episode. Really well done.

Enjoy!!
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Yeahnahyeahnahyeah
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Nickman tipped me onto to those Ozzy Man reviews. Piss funny, especially the opening recap. Correct about the language warning, but then again if your going to be offended by the swearing then you probably shouldn't be watching GoT either.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

One of my favourite things about the series is seeing all the familiar faces of British actors. Still a few slip by. This is one I never picked up until I was browsing through the cast on IMPD. This is Robert Glover in the series.

None other than Tim McInnerny of Blackadder fame. Looks nothing like Lord Percy here.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Today reminds me of the words before the sword fight at the Tower of Joy.

The 81 minute finale will start and I'll be like "And now it begins".

Before I know it, the credits will roll, "No, now it ends".

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Just watched the final
Nailed two of the big aspects of this ep... that was BY far the best ep of the season. **** amazing stuff.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Watched it through lunch. I'll come straight out and say this was a friggin awesome episode and barely a sword swung in anger. I'll wait till a few others have had a chance to watch before sharing my observations.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It was a great episode.

Dany has to die doesn't she? This confirms she's Jon's aunt doesn't it? And Jon isn't the sort of bloke to live with that, now they've hooked up. One of them has to die.
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

CJR wrote:I think Baelish will die this season. He has clearly outlived his usefulness and is no longer capable of manipulating those around him. My guess is Sansa will kill him or play a role somehow, just to tie it all up in a neat little package.

He's just lost that intrigue for mine. I used to think he had it all figured out but now he's a shadow of himself from earlier seasons.

You all doubted me

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Not I sir!
I've been on the littlefinger dies this season AND called the wall coming down as the closing scene
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Is the dead dragon still breathing fire? Or is it ice?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote:Is the dead dragon still breathing fire? Or is it ice?
Pretty sure it's ice
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

greeneyed wrote:It was a great episode.

Dany has to die doesn't she? This confirms she's Jon's aunt doesn't it? And Jon isn't the sort of bloke to live with that, now they've hooked up. One of them has to die.
Confirmed a while back I thought just the first time it's been outwardly mentioned in words by a character. Bran, and now Samwell, are the only ones who know.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Pigman wrote:
Pretty sure it's ice
Looked like blue fire to me. Wouldn't have thought a blast of ice would melt through and wall of ice. Would only make it stronger.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote:
Pigman wrote:
Pretty sure it's ice
Looked like blue fire to me. Wouldn't have thought a blast of ice would melt through and wall of ice. Would only make it stronger.
I saw it more as an Ice blast that was destroying the wall rather than fire which melted it

But look you could easily be right, the only thing clear right now is that **** is going to do some damage
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Pigman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
Pigman wrote:
Pretty sure it's ice
I saw it more as an Ice blast that was destroying the wall rather than fire which melted it

But look you could easily be right, the only thing clear right now is that **** is going to do some damage
We've seen enough green fire in the series to make it easy to accept blue fire. :)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

My thoughts:

I loved the meeting at the beginning. So many stare downs. Really transferred the tension to the viewer. To be honest I was expecting the Hound to kick over the box containing the zombie and it would be a pile of dust.

I both loathe and love Cersei at the same time. She is such an awesome character. I felt a little flat when she appeared to become compliant with the alliance of the living. I was so happy when she revealed her ruse to Jaime. He spat the dummy big time and looks like he's off to Winterfell to join his brother. Convinces us even further that he will be the one to end Cersei. That will happen after she reveals the child she carries belongs to Euron Greyjoy and not him.

Back to Tyrion and I'm smelling a rat. They made a point of showing him linger in the hallway after Jon Snow/Sand/Targaryen when to visit Dany for some nocturnal shenanigans on the Love Boat. At first I thought he was thinking "dammit, now I'm the only one who hasn't seen her tits". Thinking about it further we never heard how he convinced Cersei to agree to join team Targaryen against the zombies. The contents of that private meeting remain undisclosed. Has he conspired with her? He might see it as his best chance of becoming the legitimate Lord of Casterly Rock as is his birthright. Could be the major twist/betrayal of the final series. :hmmm

Best line of the episode belongs to Sam.
Bran at his emotionless best: "I'm the three eyed raven now"
Sam with a knowledgeably big smile: "Thats great.........I don't know what that is"
I LOL'd. He delivered that perfectly.
They then go on to collaborate with their intel to reveal what the audience already knew. That Jon Snow is a Targaryen and legitimate heir to the Iron Throne. The new info we got was his name is Aegon. That would make him King Aegon VI if/when he assumes that role. Question is how with Dany react when she finds out? Not that she just **** her nephew. That's pretty tame by Targaryen standards. More that she's spent years single mindedly working towards reclaiming what she believed her birthright. What will she do when she finds out her claim is now longer valid? Will she bend the knee to her nephew (in fealty that is, not in the bedroom).

I suspected (or maybe hoped) that Arya and Sansa were playing Littlefinger all along. Turned out to be 100% true. They let him paint himself well and truly in the corner before they played their hand. Once revealed they were prepared to counter any defense he could offer. Arya's cold and brutally quick slash of the throat was a thing of beauty. Such an awesome death combined with public humiliation of the man who had been playing games with the entire continent at his will. While I rejoice in his passing I am also somewhat saddened by it. Much like Ramsay he was one of those bad guys you love to hate and part of you wants to see them endure purely for the entertainment they bring.

The final scene was not unexpected but by the same extent it was fantastic. Brilliant way to set up the final season.

About the only part of this episode I can be critical of is Theon's recruitment exercise on the beach. Conceptually it was fine. I just didn't find it convincing in its portrayal. Maybe some lazy directing/editing there. A bit if "yeah, thats good enough. Not that important anyway".

Overall it was the best episode of the season and up there with the the best in the entire series.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

CJR wrote:
CJR wrote:I think Baelish will die this season. He has clearly outlived his usefulness and is no longer capable of manipulating those around him. My guess is Sansa will kill him or play a role somehow, just to tie it all up in a neat little package.

He's just lost that intrigue for mine. I used to think he had it all figured out but now he's a shadow of himself from earlier seasons.

You all doubted me

Who, apart from Nickman, thought otherwise?

What a **** finale!

Dragonpit was FRICKEN AWESOME. The weight of all the history between so many characters reuniting. The first time meeting of Dany and all the rest. The **** Hound and the Mountain?!?!

Lena Headey is the best actor/actress in Game of Thrones. She was phenomenal in the finale, and largely on the back of her 7 year performance, Cersei Lannister is the best character of the series. Very happy to see she will surely go deep into Season 8.

Ahhhhh. That was very, very good. So very good

Please give us Season 8 before 2019.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Oh yeah, agree about the Theon fight scene. Weak, but worth it to see him get kneed repeatedly in the void between his legs and nothing happen. Truly laughed out loud.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seven episodes were not enough.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote:Seven episodes were not enough.
Hearing the next series is only 6 episodes but all will be extended length, like this last one. Also no certainty on whether it will be ready by mid 2018.

When you consider the scale of the production now they will be hard pressed to shoot and produce 6 x near movie length episodes in around 10 months.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Last I heard it was going to be 5, would t shock me if it was stretched out to 6
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

I heard it will be 6 eps but not until 2019.