Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Post by Northern Raider »

Captain Punish wrote:Has the midget died yet?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Jon Snow? Yes but he was resurrected

Sent from my SM-G920I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Prepare yourselves GH
Captain punish has been running with this midget dying gag for 4 years!
Now it's our burden to share
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Northern Raider wrote: Third point was the tension between Arya and Sansa came across a bit too contrived for my liking. Unless Arya is playing some sort of counter espionage on Littlefinger I'm not really buying it.
Yeah I think she's foxing. That first scene where she was reading the note out loud was not like her. I think she was putting it on to try and get Littlefingers attention.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:Uncle Benjen?? He's Ned Stark's brother, was a man of the Night's Watch, went beyond the wall at the start and never returned. It was revealed when he saved Bran in the north that he was undead now, but for some reason kept his mind.

But he's dead now, so they'll probably not even explain **** is the go with Benjen's story.
He's Coldhands from the book. The books never reveal his identity so could be Benjen Stark. Otherwise its likely the TV series melded 2 characters into one, which they've done a few times now. Can't have too many characters in the TV series especially some random good guy undead.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Uncle Benjen?? He's Ned Stark's brother, was a man of the Night's Watch, went beyond the wall at the start and never returned. It was revealed when he saved Bran in the north that he was undead now, but for some reason kept his mind.

But he's dead now, so they'll probably not even explain **** is the go with Benjen's story.
He's Coldhands from the book. The books never reveal his identity so could be Benjen Stark. Otherwise its likely the TV series melded 2 characters into one, which they've done a few times now. Can't have too many characters in the TV series especially some random good guy undead.
Nah, I knew Coldhands was Benjen Stark when I was reading the books, I just assumed the show spoiled it for me. Hopefully in the books they tell us his story.

It just dawned on me rewatching the latest episode... if Dany had just flown in and torched the Night King and his generals the whole thing would be over.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: Third point was the tension between Arya and Sansa came across a bit too contrived for my liking. Unless Arya is playing some sort of counter espionage on Littlefinger I'm not really buying it.
Yeah I think she's foxing. That first scene where she was reading the note out loud was not like her. I think she was putting it on to try and get Littlefingers attention.
I'm telling you now, LF is dead next Ep
The sisters have this ****
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

And yeah when reading the books I felt it was fairly clear coldhands was benjen

Hopefully the fat **** dies soon so someone else can finish the story off in book form which I expect will be MUCH better than the show
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Pigman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
I'm telling you now, LF is dead next Ep
The sisters have this ****
No arguments here. Even that scene where LF was trying to talk Sansa into getting Brienne to kill Arya, I got the feeling Sansa had him right where she wants him.

Arya will kill him, become him, then stage a fake wedding with Sansa. Thus making her Lady of The Vale
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

It's like LotR, why didn't they just use the giant eagles to fly the ring to Mordor, why didn't Dany just jump on a dragon and go grab a white walker?

Anyone else think it was Arya who sent Brienne away after overhearing the conversation between Littlefinger and Sansa?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Brewdle wrote:It's like LotR, why didn't they just use the giant eagles to fly the ring to Mordor, why didn't Dany just jump on a dragon and go grab a white walker?

Anyone else think it was Arya who sent Brienne away after overhearing the conversation between Littlefinger and Sansa?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
No, she doesn't have Sansa's face yet
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Why do so many people think Arya and Sansa aren't legitimately falling for littlefinger's schtick? It's not like Starks have been clever in the past, and I haven't seen any hints that that's the case here. Just seems to be wishful thinking from people who like Arya mainly. She annoys the **** out of me...
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think they are legitimately falling for it
But I also think they'll figure it out and kill him
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

It's pretty clear that the plot lines and flow have taken a huge nose dive since they stopped following the books and as the show has moved from an epic character and dialogue based production to seeing how much cash they can blow in special effects every episode.

The time lines have gone from improbable to completely ridiculous.

I'm hoping the books are better, assuming they are ever finished!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Seems to me like cheering for the Starks is a lot like supporting the Raiders. These guys have all the talent in the world but just make dumb decision after dumb decision. Their team leaders lose their heads in the critical moments. Sansa looks like a freakin genius by comparison because she kicks a 40/20 with Littlefinger's army to win one game. Arya is busy calling Sansa an FGC and they're probably going to have to swap the positions of her and Jon to stop the petty in-fighting. Jon has just kicked a dragon dead and gifted the White Walkers a 7 tackle set. Not to mention constantly being tackled on the last play. Benjin is forever in no mans land, barely sighted, and has done about two useful things in seven seasons to hold his position.

Dany isn't much better, sends in her backs to do the hard yards and then brings out the hulking dragons in the red zone.

All the while the Iron Bank are happy to keep jamming Cersei down Westeros' throats every Friday for short term profit. But there's only so many old houses you can just wipe out and take their gold. No long term planning whatsoever. They'd love to see the Starks wither on the vine. It's too **** cold in Winterfell anyway.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

In other news, I did love the banter between Tormund and Jon about how glad Tormund was to be in the north again, and how much he hates the "South" Winterfell.

As a Bega boy, I've had similar conversations with people who live in Wollongong and claim they live on the South Coast

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:Seems to me like cheering for the Starks is a lot like supporting the Raiders. These guys have all the talent in the world but just make dumb decision after dumb decision. Their team leaders lose their heads in the critical moments. Sansa looks like a freakin genius by comparison because she kicks a 40/20 with Littlefinger's army to win one game. Arya is busy calling Sansa an FGC and they're probably going to have to swap the positions of her and Jon to stop the petty in-fighting. Jon has just kicked a dragon dead and gifted the White Walkers a 7 tackle set. Not to mention constantly being tackled on the last play. Benjin is forever in no mans land, barely sighted, and has done about two useful things in seven seasons to hold his position.

Dany isn't much better, sends in her backs to do the hard yards and then brings out the hulking dragons in the red zone.

All the while the Iron Bank are happy to keep jamming Cersei down Westeros' throats every Friday for short term profit. But there's only so many old houses you can just wipe out and take their gold. No long term planning whatsoever. They'd love to see the Starks wither on the vine. It's too **** cold in Winterfell anyway.
Hahahahahaha amazing analogy... wonder if Brisbane Raider has a better one?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Nah, I knew Coldhands was Benjen Stark when I was reading the books, I just assumed the show spoiled it for me. Hopefully in the books they tell us his story.

It just dawned on me rewatching the latest episode... if Dany had just flown in and torched the Night King and his generals the whole thing would be over.
Chrildren of the Forrest said in the books that Coldhands died a very long time ago. Considering they are centuries old themselves I doubt they would use that description for somebody who died a few years ago.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote:
gangrenous wrote:Seems to me like cheering for the Starks is a lot like supporting the Raiders. These guys have all the talent in the world but just make dumb decision after dumb decision. Their team leaders lose their heads in the critical moments. Sansa looks like a freakin genius by comparison because she kicks a 40/20 with Littlefinger's army to win one game. Arya is busy calling Sansa an FGC and they're probably going to have to swap the positions of her and Jon to stop the petty in-fighting. Jon has just kicked a dragon dead and gifted the White Walkers a 7 tackle set. Not to mention constantly being tackled on the last play. Benjin is forever in no mans land, barely sighted, and has done about two useful things in seven seasons to hold his position.

Hahahahahaha amazing analogy... wonder if Brisbane Raider has a better one?
Lolololol!!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Chrildren of the Forrest said in the books that Coldhands died a very long time ago. Considering they are centuries old themselves I doubt they would use that description for somebody who died a few years ago.

Huh... I missed that bit. Re-reading the books again now, hopefully pick up a lot more on the second go through.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think they can get around that, coldhands might be the vassal for others... so coldhands dying a long time ago may reference the first coldhands and Benjen is just the latest?

It a stretch to fit my own narrative that coldhands is in some way linked to Benjen though haha
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I just googled Coldhands theories and that was one of the points brought up as why it couldn't be Benjen. Not saying Pigman's theory is wrong though.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Honestly, when I read the books I just assumed it was Benjen, and that was legit before I saw the show... but I definitely missed that comment from the Children of the Forest.
Last edited by The Nickman on August 22, 2017, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Just reading up on theories on Coldhands now too, apparently in an original manuscript, George R.R Martin declared that Coldhands was not Benjen Stark...

So I wonder what the **** HAS happened to Uncle Benjen in the books??
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:Just reading up on theories on Coldhands now too, apparently in an original manuscript, George R.R Martin declared that Coldhands was not Benjen Stark...

So I wonder what the **** HAS happened to Uncle Benjen in the books??
Despite it's lack of proper explanation the TV series version of Coldhands/Benjen ties in with the story better than the books.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

The Nickman wrote:
-GD- wrote:What an incredible episode though!!
It was good, but it was a bit ridiculous too! Seriously, how long were they camped there surrounded by zombies for:

a) Gendry to run all the way back to Eastwatch
2) a raven to fly all the way to Dragonstone
d) Dany to fly her dragons to the north

I mean seriously?? This REALLY bugged me!
None of that **** bothered me, but I don't buy Dany flying in at speed in those conditions without even a beanie on.

I really thought that polar bear was an undead direwolf at first. That would've been cool.

Loved Tormund and the Hound.

"Dick...I like it"

"Bet you do"

But yeah, this wight kidnapping thing seems kinda weak. Especially when they were surrounded and about to get swamped. "Nup, gotta keep dragging this particular one around, can't see any others anywhere". And Cersei always has ulterior motives, plus she's not gonna die at the hands of the dead.

I like that Beric (or as my housemate calls him, Bezza Dondazza) is on his last life.

Arya vs Sansa ends next episode. Surely Arya handing her Littlefinger's dagger means Sansa kills him with it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I've really started liking the Hound. Probably the most real character on the show.

Can't remember - "Hope to see you again soon"
Hound - "I ******* hope not!"

Love his straight up honest, no rats given attitude

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Mrs Fui was just telling me a theory she read about the 3 heads of the Dragon being Dany, Jon and the Night King, and that Bran is the Night King.
The theory suggests that the Night King was a Stark, who Bran tried to warg into while he was becoming the Night King, and couldn't stop it.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I've just been reading that fan theory about Bran being the Night King too. What do people think?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I think it has some merit. And it seems to me that Dany (a Targaryen) is fire, the Night King (a Stark, possibly Bran), is ice, and Jon Snow (as a Targaryen/Stark) is the Song of Ice and Fire and will have to "bring balance to the force" so to speak
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

So.. About that midget. Is he dead yet?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Nickman wrote:I think it has some merit. And it seems to me that Dany (a Targaryen) is fire, the Night King (a Stark, possibly Bran), is ice, and Jon Snow (as a Targaryen/Stark) is the Song of Ice and Fire and will have to "bring balance to the force" so to speak
I said that to the other half on Monday, without the Night King. I was thinking that Jon is the Fire and Ice, and the song of Fire and Ice will be the song/story that Sam writes in honour of Jon.

Or just this whole story, was written by Sam

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I think it has some merit. And it seems to me that Dany (a Targaryen) is fire, the Night King (a Stark, possibly Bran), is ice, and Jon Snow (as a Targaryen/Stark) is the Song of Ice and Fire and will have to "bring balance to the force" so to speak
I said that to the other half on Monday, without the Night King. I was thinking that Jon is the Fire and Ice, and the song of Fire and Ice will be the song/story that Sam writes in honour of Jon.

Or just this whole story, was written by Sam
Yeah I've read the "whole thing is written by Sam at the citadel" theory too. Not real sure about that one
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I've read the night king is bran stuff
I could see it being true but I personally don't like it
Not a satisfying end game for me
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

How could Bran be the night king? Isnt the night king old AF?

Also Jon **** Snow is becoming hopeless. Why the **** did he run down after all the fighting was done and try be a hero.

The bloke hardly swung a sword the entire time the crew were fighting for their lives and then suddenly Deny rocks up and he wants to show off like a 12yo with a crush. Cost the woman a dragon and he is still the hero in her eyes. ****.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Manchild wrote:How could Bran be the night king? Isnt the night king old AF?

Also Jon **** Snow is becoming hopeless. Why the **** did he run down after all the fighting was done and try be a hero.

The bloke hardly swung a sword the entire time the crew were fighting for their lives and then suddenly Deny rocks up and he wants to show off like a 12yo with a crush. Cost the woman a dragon and he is still the hero in her eyes. ****.
Time travel.