Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah exactly. I'm definitely Team Sam. The way Randall treated Sam on his return was terrible. No loss for me.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

The Nickman wrote:
pickles wrote:I would pay to see nickman explaining game of thrones with sock puppets! That would be close to post sharks game entertaining!
What happened after the Sharks game?

I wasn't there.
There was a sock puppet with a striking resemblance!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

pickles wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
pickles wrote:I would pay to see nickman explaining game of thrones with sock puppets! That would be close to post sharks game entertaining!
What happened after the Sharks game?

I wasn't there.
There was a sock puppet with a striking resemblance!
I heard that sock puppet had fantastic insight into the game too!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

You heard wrong, he didn't make any sense at all!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Barbecueing the Tarleys was a tad unnecessary.
I disagree. She gave them a choice, they chose death. She's done this before when she strung those guys up on the cross in Mereen
Fair enough, but the mode of execution was pretty brutal and won't be winning her any admirers
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

She is disgusting. I'm looking forward to a big comeuppance for Dany and the Dragons.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Old Misogyny-Eyed hating on the chicks ruling the kingdom!!
IMFS.

He probably hates Cersei too!!
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

He's just intimidated by thick eyebrows.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cersei is horrible too.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Just watched 50min of a leaked version of the next Episode!

Wow, I won't spoil anything but hopefully there is an extra ten minutes at the end that I didn't get to see!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote:Cersei is horrible too.
Of course she is!! You're a monster
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

RTW wrote:Just watched 50min of a leaked version of the next Episode!

Wow, I won't spoil anything but hopefully there is an extra ten minutes at the end that I didn't get to see!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's a 71 minute episode I'm pretty sure. The finale is 81 mins. Both longer than last year's finale.

I will hold off watching any leaked stuff. Got a great audio/video set up for the HD broadcast, can't watch GoT any other way. Especially something incomplete.

The plot of Season 7 was leaked last year. Apparently it's all been accurate so far. There were massive reactions to Episode 6.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:Wasn't Ayra supposed to be trained in knowing everything etc etc etc... and she falls for this rubbish?
I was just reading an article on this, which I think checks out and confirms my theory that Littlefinger won't last the season.
It suggests that Arya is baiting Littlefinger, feeding him more rope for him to eventually hang himself.

They use this shot as an example

She is deliberately in the light and right in his peripheral. Dumb for someone who was trained to hide in the shadows. Plus, she probably could have found a hundred ways to get into his room, but she barely waits for him to leave the room and she's in there making noise picking the lock. Not very stealthy at all.

PLUS she's trained to tell when someone is lying. So she can interrogate Sansa on the letter and find out the truth.

Strap yourself in folks, he's going down, and it's going to be glorious.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

But all that is also convenient story telling for the creators.

Like when Jaqen killed the guards for her at Harrenhal. Everyone's like "****'s going on?", then we see Jaqen peep out of one of the windows like a total sus ****, yet somehow only Arya notices him.

Maybe it's all intended as your article says but I lean towards it just being convenient direction.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Time lines have always been a bit loose in GoT but this last episode was stretching even further. Bran sees the Night King's army heading to Eastwatch. They send ravens all across Westeros. Team Targaryen find out and decide on their path of capturing a zombie to present as proof of the threat. Davos and Tyrion head to Kings landing to meet with Jaime and pick up Gendry. They then head back to Dragonstone. Pick up Jon and head north to the Wall. Arrive at Eastwatch to collect Tormund, Thoros, Dondarrion and the Hound then head out north to carry out the task.

All this time and the zombie army still hasn't reached Eastwatch? Don't know why they would be worried in the South. Even if the White Walkers did pass through the wall a couple of generations would have passed before they reached Kings Landing. Surely Winter would be over by then.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:Time lines have always been a bit loose in GoT but this last episode was stretching even further. Bran sees the Night King's army heading to Eastwatch. They send ravens all across Westeros. Team Targaryen find out and decide on their path of capturing a zombie to present as proof of the threat. Davos and Tyrion head to Kings landing to meet with Jaime and pick up Gendry. They then head back to Dragonstone. Pick up Jon and head north to the Wall. Arrive at Eastwatch to collect Tormund, Thoros, Dondarrion and the Hound then head out north to carry out the task.

All this time and the zombie army still hasn't reached Eastwatch? Don't know why they would be worried in the South. Even if the White Walkers did pass through the wall a couple of generations would have passed before they reached Kings Landing. Surely Winter would be over by then.
You reckon that's bad? Wait until you see next week's episode (the leaked one). It's absolutely ridiculous!
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:Time lines have always been a bit loose in GoT but this last episode was stretching even further. Bran sees the Night King's army heading to Eastwatch. They send ravens all across Westeros. Team Targaryen find out and decide on their path of capturing a zombie to present as proof of the threat. Davos and Tyrion head to Kings landing to meet with Jaime and pick up Gendry. They then head back to Dragonstone. Pick up Jon and head north to the Wall. Arrive at Eastwatch to collect Tormund, Thoros, Dondarrion and the Hound then head out north to carry out the task.

You reckon that's bad? Wait until you see next week's episode (the leaked one). It's absolutely ridiculous!
Yep the timelines are hilarious this season. Its like they thought, **** we have 13 episodes left we need to cram all this is in.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Some of the cut scenes show them checking in at the Qantas counter. Jon was in the business class line.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Ugh...qantas? Emirates ftw

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pfffft, virgin hot dogs hands down

Nothing else even comes close
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote:Ugh...qantas? Emirates ftw

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Emirates don't fly domestic routes in Westeros. They cover the major routes to Essos.

Sent from my SM-G920I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

So, zombie dragon now. Pretty sure we all saw that coming.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

What an incredible episode though!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-GD- wrote:What an incredible episode though!!
It was good, but it was a bit ridiculous too! Seriously, how long were they camped there surrounded by zombies for:

a) Gendry to run all the way back to Eastwatch
2) a raven to fly all the way to Dragonstone
d) Dany to fly her dragons to the north

I mean seriously?? This REALLY bugged me!
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

The Nickman wrote:
-GD- wrote:What an incredible episode though!!
It was good, but it was a bit ridiculous too! Seriously, how long were they camped there surrounded by zombies for:

a) Gendry to run all the way back to Eastwatch
2) a raven to fly all the way to Dragonstone
d) Dany to fly her dragons to the north

I mean seriously?? This REALLY bugged me!
Yep i agree with that, the plan is also absolutely ridiculous!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm actually a little disappointed in Season 7, to be perfectly honest. The whole season looks rushed, and poorly written.

It's still good, I just think they should be smacking the storylines out of the park, rather than just bunting them past first like they are.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Think they got a bit wayward with the story this episode. The ultimate purpose was to introduce a dragon to the Night King's army. I think they went about it in a very clunky way. Firstly they put way too much stock into capturing a zombie to prove to Cersei that she should team up with them. She already has her own zombie bodyguard so I can't see this giving her some moral conscience to put aside her own lust for power and commit to the greater good of the realm.

Secondly, as Nickman pointed out the timelines were just a bit too hard to swallow, even by recent GoT standards.

Third point was the tension between Arya and Sansa came across a bit too contrived for my liking. Unless Arya is playing some sort of counter espionage on Littlefinger I'm not really buying it.

Lastly did we really need yet another scene of Danaerys questioning Tyrion's loyalty? Getting a bit tedious.

The outcome of this episode was massive. The path to get there wasn't the finest part of the series.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:The outcome of this episode was massive. The path to get there wasn't the finest part of the series.
Agreed. The dragon being brought back from the dead was epic. The way they got there was pretty meh.

There's no way it will play out this way in the books.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:The outcome of this episode was massive. The path to get there wasn't the finest part of the series.
Agreed. The dragon being brought back from the dead was epic. The way they got there was pretty meh.

There's no way it will play out this way in the books.
Might be why its taken so long for the books to come out. GRRM wrote the story like this then said "nah, thats ****" and started again.

I hear what you're saying about the whole of season 7 feeling rushed. Its lost all the slow burn tension that built up to the major events. It lacks the intrigue that captured audiences to begin with. Now they seem to cramming major events into each episode.

Feels like they are more about using their increased budgets to create a series of Hollywood blockbusters. Its more Michael Bay than Weiss/Benioff
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I can't even remember the Uncle who turned up late.

What does a night walker dragon do? Blow ice?

I hate how Jon Snow has decided to bend the knee to Dany. Plus all this "romantic tension". Isn't Jon Snow supposed to be related to her?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Uncle Benjen?? He's Ned Stark's brother, was a man of the Night's Watch, went beyond the wall at the start and never returned. It was revealed when he saved Bran in the north that he was undead now, but for some reason kept his mind.

But he's dead now, so they'll probably not even explain **** is the go with Benjen's story.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It is seeming very rushed with only seven episodes in the series.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It's really stupid. The last two series should both be ten episodes each and consistent with the other series, so they can tell the stories properly
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I don't give a single solitary **** about the time travel thing

Not one
Never have

And even I still felt they took liberties with this that in this Ep
Ridiculous haha
Lucy
Brett Mullins