The Video Game Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by CJR »

I always want to buy games like this but they very rarely translate well into a video game. Soccer and basketball games are usually the exception but I've always found rugby and gridiron style games to be very odd to play

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wait 6 months until it drops to half price, it's not worth 99

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

$79 at Jb but yeah, pricey!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

Haha just downloaded the demo on Steam and it's just a thing to make custom players and edit current ones. Great game demo.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Brewdle wrote:$79 at Jb but yeah, pricey!

I preordered at EB at $99 and when I went to pick it up they price matched me to $79 without asking
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

-TW- wrote:Wait 6 months until it drops to half price, it's not worth 99

I don't think the rugby league games ever go for that cheap. They are terrible too, I'd pay $20 but I'm not paying $79 when NBA 2K and Fifa will be cheaper than that on release.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Green_Hammock wrote:
-TW- wrote:Wait 6 months until it drops to half price, it's not worth 99

I don't think the rugby league games ever go for that cheap. They are terrible too, I'd pay $20 but I'm not paying $79 when NBA 2K and Fifa will be cheaper than that on release.

It's always odd to me how bad NRL games are, and yet they don't seem to depreciate like the standard game does.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Audience size
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

It's depressing.

A rugby league game with Rugby 08 style game play would be brilliant. Will never happen with the current mob though.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Man Rugby 08 was good for it's time, if they remade it with today's graphics it would be perfect

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I'm still contemplating getting RLL4, however I need to get a new console to play it. Suggestions?
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

The Nickman wrote:I'm still contemplating getting RLL4, however I need to get a new console to play it. Suggestions?
You can't really go wrong with either the Xbox One or the PS4. The newer versions both do 4k and all that now so it's just going to come down to which one has the better controller in your opinion and maybe which one has exclusive games that interest you.

They just remade the old Crash Bandicoot games for example and it's PS4 only so that's why I got one of those.

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with it so far, the game seems unfinished.
It seems harder to play than what RLL 3 was, for instance when I select the attacking strategy to put in a kick, the playmakers don't seem to drop back to position like they would in previous games.

It's produced a couple of funny glitches so far, does the ref yell "HELD!!" for anyone else every time there's a kick off to restart every second half?

Also there was a moment where I paused and subbed Sia off, when I resumed play I realised Sia had just been tackled so instead of playing the ball he ran off to the interchange bench with it while all the other players waited for the play the ball. Play stopped for a while and eventually Storm were awarded the scrum from where Sia ran out hahahah.
Last edited by Sid on July 31, 2017, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote:Overall I'm pretty disappointed with it so far, the game seems unfinished.
It seems harder to play than what RLL 3 was, for instance when I select the attacking strategy to put in a kick, the playmakers don't seem to drop back to position like they would in previous games.

It's produced a couple of funny glitches so far, does the ref yelled "HELD!!" for anyone else every time there's a kick off to restart every second half?

Also there was a moment where I paused and subbed Sia off, when I resumed play I realised Sia had just been tackled so instead of playing the ball he ran off to the interchange bench with it while all the other players waited for the play the ball. Play stopped for a while and eventually Storm were awarded the scrum from where Sia ran out hahahah.
I dunno man, that sounds like something the 2017 Raiders would actually do.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

CJR wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I'm still contemplating getting RLL4, however I need to get a new console to play it. Suggestions?
You can't really go wrong with either the Xbox One or the PS4. The newer versions both do 4k and all that now so it's just going to come down to which one has the better controller in your opinion and maybe which one has exclusive games that interest you.

They just remade the old Crash Bandicoot games for example and it's PS4 only so that's why I got one of those.

In that case I'll probably get a PS4 as I have both a PS2 and a PS3 and it'll probably be the only game I buy for it!
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Love my PS4 but if I had to choose between a PS4 and an Xbox one today not sure which way I'd go, I'm about to get an Xbox since Conan Exiles is coming out about 6months earlier on it plus State of Decay 2 early next year is Xbox exclusive.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Bring back ARL 96. Best League game i've ever played... you could actually run into the uprights and you'd fall over and drop the ball... Fatty's one liners were pretty amusing too "My grandma would've made that tackle", "Great try saver from the Posts!" was gold!
I found a moon rock in my nose....
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
CJR wrote:

In that case I'll probably get a PS4 as I have both a PS2 and a PS3 and it'll probably be the only game I buy for it!
yeah i switched from ps3 to xbox one purely for forza for my son.
it's data thirsty but works great at $270- with forza was a bargain.
I'm enjoying rll4 so far, i only created a player to play career with on rll3 and so far comparable on rll4

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The controllers are much of a muchness these days, they both have triggers

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

From most reports I've read the gameplay is far superior to previos rugby league games, but you have to be patient, it takes a fair bit to get used to. There sounds like quite a few glitches still too, but surely they'll be ironed out with patches?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

You'd think so, afl is quite good after a few patches and it was putrid out of the box

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I've used an Xbox since upgrading from PS2 whenever that was. I'm actually probably going to change to a PlayStation next time, more exclusive games I'm interested in and from what I've heard they are better/more reliable

Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

I've got both PS4 and Xbone, don't see much of a difference in reliability, I use both of them equally as much. If I was looking at a new console I'd probably save for a couple of months and get the Xbox One X due in October (I think).

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

The Video Game Thread

Post by Postman Pat »

Dibbers wrote:Bring back ARL 96. Best League game i've ever played... you could actually run into the uprights and you'd fall over and drop the ball... Fatty's one liners were pretty amusing too "My grandma would've made that tackle", "Great try saver from the Posts!" was gold!
ET's Rugby League in the Commodore 64 was, and still is the best rugby league game I've ever played!

Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I loved both ETs rugby league AND ARL96... played them both so much!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

yeah both had great points to them, commodore64 you could play 2 player co-op was great you could actually put a teammate into a gap.

Edrick The Entertainer
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Oh well just bought an Xbox to keep my PS4 company and it came with the league game, they stuffed up and gave me the 1TB for the 500gig price :D
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Manbush wrote:Oh well just bought an Xbox to keep my PS4 company and it came with the league game, they stuffed up and gave me the 1TB for the 500gig price :D
And you're gong to do the right thing yea
I don't post facts
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

Raidersfan wrote:
Manbush wrote:Oh well just bought an Xbox to keep my PS4 company and it came with the league game, they stuffed up and gave me the 1TB for the 500gig price :D
And you're gong to do the right thing yea
Keep it and say nothing?

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Haha I asked for the 500 with the price the lady told me and she grabbed the 1TB instead and scanned it, so either the staff had the prices wrong or I got a discount for being such a cutie ;)
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

I've won a comp on Amateur now.
I'm contemplating whether to start another competition with higher difficulty, start a new career doing the rookie player mode or to go back to playing Fallout 4.

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Guessing will only play league for a day or two since Conan Exiles is out on Monday and half the reason I bought the Xbox.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sid wrote:I've won a comp on Amateur now.
I'm contemplating whether to start another competition with higher difficulty, start a new career doing the rookie player mode or to go back to playing Fallout 4.
I've gone straight to rookie campo with the wolfpack

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

RLL4 is already in the clearance bin at EB.. $67

CJR
Brett Mullins