T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2016 US Elections

Post by T_R »

Raidersfan wrote:
T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
T_R wrote:The stock market was just winding back from its position. A Clinton win was largely costed in. I dont see what's so surprising.
What is remarkable that the markets are reacting negatively to a Republican win. The markets generally prefer a Republican win in the USA, but I think it says a lot, that the markets see this as a negative.
Correct ... as usual it is a knee jerk reaction ... markets atm will amplify any "negative" news .. a lot of that is due to automated trading but at the end of the day it amounts to an over-reaction.
It's a perfectly rational winding back of an exposure.
Dow Jones futures was down near 1000 points, traded during the day above 300 point and finishes the days trading closing near record highs up near 260 points.

Not sure what reverse knee jerk reaction will happen on the ASX today.

Note to self ... never take perfectly rational advice from this guy

As has been the case in the past 5 years investors in stock markets are a gold mine for brokers.
Yes, I guess from a very simplistic point of view you could see it that way.

Look at what was bought and what was sold. Take just a moment to educate yourself and this makes perfect sense.

Not really sure what you're trying to take from a weighted average of selected stocks, other than broad trends.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

T_R wrote:Also, has anyone heard from Schifty? I assume he's in Guantanamo?
:lol: :lol: That is all.
This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I've got a missed call from him this morning
Message bank was something about his one phone call, send help or something
I was busy though so wasn't paying attention

I'm sure he's fine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I expect him to live tweet his dying screams.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Yeah, I've heard he's gone waterboarding in Guantanamo Bay. I'm not entirely sure what or where that is, but it sounds like a lovely holiday.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Hes building a bom shelter with a few of his insubordinates.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

T_R wrote:I expect him to live tweet his dying screams.
Stop it.... :roflmao
This place is woke.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
T_R wrote:The stock market was just winding back from its position. A Clinton win was largely costed in. I dont see what's so surprising.
What is remarkable that the markets are reacting negatively to a Republican win. The markets generally prefer a Republican win in the USA, but I think it says a lot, that the markets see this as a negative.
Correct ... as usual it is a knee jerk reaction ... markets atm will amplify any "negative" news .. a lot of that is due to automated trading but at the end of the day it amounts to an over-reaction.
It's a perfectly rational winding back of an exposure.
bahahahahaha .. arh you just make it too easy
I don't post facts
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im not sure if you have the capacity to understand this, but yesterday there was a broad repositioning of stock investments. It almost precisely mirrored the currency shock days in the early stages of the GFC.

I honestly do not understand what you are struggling with.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It'll all be ok, folks
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

2016 US Elections

Post by simo »

Trump now responsible for the kkk
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It what happens when you say bullying and bigotry is OK. Trump leads by example.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

T_R wrote:Im not sure if you have the capacity to understand this, but yesterday there was a broad repositioning of stock investments. It almost precisely mirrored the currency shock days in the early stages of the GFC.

Quite frankly you are not understanding your original err err "perfectly rational winding back of an exposure".. well it looks like less than 24 hours later that "winding back" and "exposure" was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction.
I don't post facts
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

simo wrote:Trump now responsible for the kkk
No, but they endorsed him and he accepted that endorsement.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raidersfan wrote:
T_R wrote:Im not sure if you have the capacity to understand this, but yesterday there was a broad repositioning of stock investments. It almost precisely mirrored the currency shock days in the early stages of the GFC.

Quite frankly you are not understanding your original err err "perfectly rational winding back of an exposure".. well it looks like less than 24 hours later that "winding back" and "exposure" was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction.
Ok. Last try.

It wasn't knee jerk, it was a repositioning of exposure. For example, mining stocks are rolling now on suggestions of increased infrastructure spending, while trade exposed Latin American funds have taken a kicking.

If that's over your head, look at gold price movements during the day as a proxy to defensives. Gold mining stock movements will show you even more.

It's pretty basic stuff.

simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Pigman wrote:
he did no such thing.
Dont delete this GE
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Not bad for a bloke who put his hat in the ring for the single purpose of increasing his media exposure. :lol:

It's absolutely insane that a person who actually couldn't give a **** about becoming the President, and did everything humanly possible to actually avoid getting elected by rational people, actually ended up as the boss of the western universe.

This is the sort of crazy stuff that only happens on the Simpsons. It's going to be a very interesting 4 years.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

simo wrote:
Pigman wrote:
he did no such thing.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/28/polit ... remacists/

You. Your net. You know what to do
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

greeneyed wrote:It what happens when you say bullying and bigotry is OK. Trump leads by example.
True. Look at the rise of xenophobia and racism in Australia as a result of our government's bullying of asylum seekers. If the government believes it's ok to lock up and abuse children, it's not surprising that some Australians go around ripping the hijabs from the heads of 10 year old girls and telling them to '**** off back to where they came from'
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I thought it was remarkable with the initial rise of Hanson that it was suddenly became acceptable to randomly tell Asian people to **** off. It happened semi-regularly, and not just in my own home like usual.

Dont doubt that there are people out there who are validated by those who 'lead' us.

simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Pigman wrote:
simo wrote:
Pigman wrote:
he did no such thing.

Might want to go to the bunker http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trum ... klux-klan/
Dont delete this GE
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

It even says it in your article.
Dont delete this GE
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Just saw a theory being shared that the GOP didn't want Trump so they plan on frustrating him till he resigns so they can have Pence in charge who they wanted all along. Kinda makes sense if you ignore how pig headed Trump is.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I did like this tweet...

BREAKING - CANADA STARTS BUILDING WALL

#PresidentTrump

Trump removes plan to ban Muslims from USA from website: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 08466.html

What? Is he not going to do what he said?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

simo wrote:
Pigman wrote:
simo wrote:
Pigman wrote:
he did no such thing.

Might want to go to the bunker http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trum ... klux-klan/
He refused to disavow him multiple times, and only in the wake of heavy criticism did he decide to reject the endorsement
Call me crazy but I'd like the most powerful man on earth to be the type who doesn't need a tsunami of criticism to hit before he disavows the **** KKK

But you obviously have lower standards for elected officials than I do
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Manbush wrote:Just saw a theory being shared that the GOP didn't want Trump so they plan on frustrating him till he resigns so they can have Pence in charge who they wanted all along. Kinda makes sense if you ignore how pig headed Trump is.
He won't resign.. it will just be a massive stalemate and he will do what he can by executive order
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The GOP will give him whatever he wants

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

greeneyed wrote:I did like this tweet...

BREAKING - CANADA STARTS BUILDING WALL

#PresidentTrump

Trump removes plan to ban Muslims from USA from website: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 08466.html

What? Is he not going to do what he said?
**** and I'd just put all my money into Mexican ladder shares :rant
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

you are obviously far more likely to jump on board any media exaggerations that twist something to suit you. Tsunami of criticism indeed
Dont delete this GE
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

The more people get their knickers in a knot the more imo irrational the criticism becomes.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dunno if this has been covered, turnout just over 50%

I'm sure a lot of the wailing is coming from those who didn't vote
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This is the guy I mentioned yesterday.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thousands Across the US Protest Donald Trump's Presidential Victory: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/thousand ... d=43427653
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote:Dunno if this has been covered, turnout just over 50%

Given you've got to queue up for three hours to vote, on a work day, it's no wonder they don't get a big turnout.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

-TW- wrote:Dunno if this has been covered, turnout just over 50%

This is why we can't have nice things.