Post by Off »

Has he got his shag out?
This place is woke.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by Kryptonite »

Some **** scratched the tailgate of my new Ford Ranger, that ruined my day!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Made: greg bird being granted an immediate release from titans to join the raiders
Dont delete this GE
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Kryptonite wrote:Some **** scratched the tailgate of my new Ford Ranger, that ruined my day!
Ford also lost Bathurst. Hope that helps
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That happens a lot
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Raider Bell wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:Some **** scratched the tailgate of my new Ford Ranger, that ruined my day!
Wincup ( The Cam Smith Grubb of V8 Supercars ) got docked 15 seconds an finished 9th, that made my day!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Kryptonite wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:
Wincup ( The Cam Smith Grubb of V8 Supercars ) got docked 15 seconds an finished 9th, that made my day!
I can see the resemblance, ultimate professionals.
Edrick The Entertainer
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

bonehead wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:
I can see the resemblance, ultimate professionals.
Don't follow V8s too much, but I read that the team were going to seek to have said penalty overturned.

What was the outcome?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Extension of time given for the official appeal, Roland Dane has said he's not appealing the win it's the inconsistency and going outside the rule book he is appealing for the whincup penalty.
Basically a level 1 offence, which this falls under, is a re-dress situation and if you are unable to do so carries a 10 point penalty.
In several recent incidents instead of championship points race control has enforced time penalties.
From everything I've read since the race this is the point of conjecture but T8 Red Bull are not trying to get the win awarded to whincup just his championship points adjusted according to the rule book as he was only 7 points off the championship lead now around 90 instead of close to level
Edrick The Entertainer
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Nissan were given the same penalty in the same race but did not whinge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They got 10 seconds added to their pitstop
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Yes, but that's supposedly not how the rule book reads, it's all a bit odd. Moffat copped a drive through at Eastern Creek, Kelly got the 10s added at the pitstop which was a good result not redressing down 5 spots and then whincup with the 15secs and McLaughlin copped a points fine.
No consistency, I'm a GRM fan so devastated for Scotty Mac but he wasn't exactly innocent either turning down on whincup then the wild rejoin
Edrick The Entertainer
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

You can't have consistency. Whingcup could no re-dress so another penalty was needed, he did not need to pit again so a time penalty added to a stop was not available. Options were time added to end of race or a drive through which would have been a lot harsher.

I would have preferred a drive through and have it sorted out on the track.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Or maybe they could've followed their own rule book and docked him championship points
Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Rick wrote:You can't have consistency. Whingcup could no re-dress so another penalty was needed, he did not need to pit again so a time penalty added to a stop was not available. Options were time added to end of race or a drive through which would have been a lot harsher.

I would have preferred a drive through and have it sorted out on the track.

Was it though? He didn't cause the stack, McLaughlin did
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

All 3 contributed
Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

24 hours on a plane :(

* Not GEs

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

T_R wrote:24 hours on a plane :(

* Not GEs
Image that's rubbish!!! Imagine GE not sharing his plane with other mods
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Thombre wrote:
T_R wrote:24 hours on a plane :(

* Not GEs
Image that's rubbish!!! Imagine GE not sharing his plane with other mods
I've been banned after an incident in the hot tub

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Our pet cat Naghla looks like she is about to pass away.
I don't post facts
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sorry to hear.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Unfortunately we had to say goodbye tonight to our pet cat Naghla. Had been on our minds for a few months but never thought I would get so emotional.

RIP our beautiful companion of 20 years Naghla.
I don't post facts
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Sorry, Raidersfan. I'm sure she was ready though. Not that that's any consolation
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Just listened again how some A league game was the battle for the ages.

Honestly this has quote has been beaten to death, do people in the media have any concept of history.

Tigers Woods win in 1997 Masters was a win for the ages because people of dark colour were only allowed at one point on the course to caddy.

Honestly, there is only ever 1 " Win For The Ages "
WorkChoice
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

How about when you order a flat white and they ask if you want a cup or mug. First coffee of the day so naturally you go for the mug. Trouble is the still only use a single shot and simply add more milk.

Thanks unskilled barista, you've ruined my life. :x #firstworldproblems
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Northern Raider wrote:How about when you order a flat white and they ask if you want a cup or mug. First coffee of the day so naturally you go for the mug. Trouble is the still only use a single shot and simply add more milk.

Thanks unskilled barista, you've ruined my life. :x #firstworldproblems
I thought that was the norm. I've never had two shots provided for a mug unless I've asked.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Yep that's the norm
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Not where I normally get coffee
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I normally ask for a double shot to be safe, I'm a bit of a wanker in the mornings so I need it
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

It's not a flat white if they are just adding extra milk.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_white
"It is somewhat similar to the traditional 140 ml (5 imp fl oz) cappuccino or the latte although smaller in volume, therefore having a higher proportion of coffee to milk"
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Made: Dad boast. Just watched my 8 year old get a game on the school under 12s Oztag team and completely dominate the game.

No genetic explanation for it, but damn the kid can play

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:Made: Dad boast. Just watched my 8 year old get a game on the school under 12s Oztag team and completely dominate the game.

No genetic explanation for it, but damn the kid can play
I think the genetic explanation is that he's probably not your kid, mate.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^
Nickman ooooofffff .. lmfao
I don't post facts