TIPS: How to post YouTube videos on the site and more

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Re: TIPS: How to post YouTube videos on the site and more

Post by Notaroboticfish »

I think he means how do you do the same thing in the first post, but in Tapatalk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Notaroboticfish wrote:I think he means how do you do the same thing in the first post, but in Tapatalk
This
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ah OK, you just type [youtube]on either side[/youtube]

The codes all work the same. They're square brackets, and the second one has / to end it.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:Ah OK, you just type [youtube]on either side[/youtube]

The codes all work the same. They're square brackets, and the second one has / to end it.
I've got the [youtube] bit sorted just interested if there is a trick so it shows a small version of the video rather than just a text link
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It shows up as a reasonable sized version of the video for me on Tapatalk?
greeneyed
Don Furner

TIPS: How to post YouTube videos on the site and more

Post by greeneyed »

People have been asking... How do I post news articles on the site? And how do I post photos on the site?

How to post news articles:

First thing to remember is we do not permit more than a couple of short paragraphs extracted from news reports on the site. This is to ensure the site complies with copyright rules.

The second thing to remember is that there must be a URL link to the news report at the end of your post.

How to...

On the relevant news article, click on the URL at the top of the page, highlight it and copy it... then paste into your post after the words "Read more:"

Highlight the couple of paras from the article... right click, then copy... then paste into your post above the URL.

Then highlight the headline from the article... right click, then copy... the paste into your post at the top.

To format the headline... make sure you've clicked the Full Editor button below the quick reply box. This gives you the format tool bar above your post. Highlight your headline, then click B (to bold the headline). Then click on the drop down menu which will display the word "Normal". Select "Huge". Then click on the "Font color" button. You'll see five boxes of differing colour shades. From the middle box, select the small green box at the top, left corner. If you hover your pointer over the box, it will show the number: #008000

This gives you a correctly formatted post that looks like this:

How to post photos on the site:

First, you need to remember that you should have the rights to use the photo, that is, you should not post a copyrighted image.

The easiest way to post a photo on the site is to use Tapatalk, our mobile app for the forum. In Tapatalk, click on the three dots at the top right hand corner, which throws up a drop down menu... and click "Reply". That throws up a reply box, hit the "picture" icon, second from the left, and that gives you the option of selecting any of the photos on your mobile device. Click on the photo and it automatically uploads.

Your photo should not be much wider than 500 pixels. If you need to downsize your image, there's a great app called iDownsize. Install that and you can resize your photo easily, and just specify it should be 500 pixels wide.

If you don't have Tapatalk, or are on your laptop or desktop computer, you will need to have your image hosted on another site.

Here's a free image: http://www.freestockphotos.biz/stockphoto/10046

Right click on the image, and select "Copy image address". Then paste it in your post:

http://res.freestockphotos.biz/pictures ... eld-pv.jpg

Then highlight that URL. Make sure you are in the Full Editor mode. Then just click the "Img" button. It will wrap the [img] code around the URL. Hit submit.