We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2016

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2016

Post by greeneyed »

Thombre wrote:I have absolutely no doubt that all 3 negative feedbacks about 'the clique' are every single mention of them in the survey and GE had to add them in to try to defend his actions. I also have absolutely no doubt that all 3 of those complaints came from afafffahaha manbush and dubs. I dont care but I just think its petty still complaining about it and posting it up to justify someones actions this year
Every single line of feedback is a different individual (except where I've said the number of times exactly the same response was provided) within each category.

What I'm doing is being transparent with the feedback, and trying to elicit more, and it is exactly what I did last year as well.

In case you haven't noticed there's some criticisms of me (at least I interpret some as referring to me) and all that's up there transparently as well.

I should add that dissatisfaction rates with the forum are at extremely low levels. We will show those when the survey is complete.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Thombre wrote:I have absolutely no doubt that all 3 negative feedbacks about 'the clique' are every single mention of them in the survey and GE had to add them in to try to defend his actions. I also have absolutely no doubt that all 3 of those complaints came from afafffahaha manbush and dubs. I dont care but I just think its petty still complaining about it and posting it up to justify someones actions this year
Lol calm down Donald Trump, I haven't even done the survey.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

afgtnk wrote:
Lol calm down Donald Trump, I haven't even done the survey.
I know it you know it hell we all know its true why even bring it up? If neither of us have done the survey i wonder how many regular posters have
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

If i were to do the survey it would probably be edited and moved to a thread of its own, located in, you guessed it, the lime lounge
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Well you can test that out. :)
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Not enough concentration on actual feedback in the feedback thread. Too much off topic posting and needs more separation of feedback segments into segment feedback threads
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Some of the things people are saying that they like about The GH:

Easy and quick access to all Canberra Raiders related news on Twitter.

The community. Where else would you wind up organising a group to view games in London or meet up to take over a Melbourne pub. Something to be proud of.

The timely and breaking news in my social media channels is much appreciated!

Segments and the bond of long term posters.

Insider gossip.

I used to enjoy the online community feel and feeling of familiarity between the posters, but that has been stamped out noticeably in the last few months.

Everything.

Only use the website but great place to keep up to date with the news and get the insight of some very knowledgeable posters.

I love the up-to-date information and the collation of it in one place, as it makes the Greenhouse a one-stop shop. Also, sharing the moment with fellow nutters is good.

News articles.

Commitment news.

Through green eyes.

On the website, I like having the authoritative source of Raiders news at my fingertips, and I like being able to participate in discussion. I am very impressed with the efforts of mods to keep things civil and move off topic stuff away. Kudos!

Rumours, discussions from people in the know.

The Greenhouse's social media presence is outstanding.

Always seem to be breaking stories.

I only read the original website and love how it's got everything I need. I read lots of other publications but quite often only find the articles I want to read here. I also like how there are insights and ahead-of-the-press info.

Some of the things people are saying that they like least about The GH or things they could do without:

The amount of pictures posted on Instagram.

People whinging that they have to scroll a little further to read news articles on a forum. Go to google, type Canberra Raiders and click the news. You're welcome. Now people who want to chat can do so on the forum and it won't impact your browsing experience.

Nothing (four times).

Inequality. It seems that Admins and Mods are allowed to take threads off topic, even post outright hateful and bigoted comments and escape censure, yet many posters seem to be singled out for just trying to bring humour to the boards.

I feel shamed by some of the negative comments that get posted in our public forum. I recognise that people sometimes feel that way but, there is some over the top and ill-considered **** that our players read. Not sure how you fix that without impinging on free speech but, like our team, I reckon we could do with a no **** policy.

Some posters inability to debate without resorting to insults, tends to be the same posters over and over yet only receive hollow warnings, some posters seem to have immunity. As a long term poster I've almost quit a few times because of it and no doubt others have and it keeps some from sharing their views so they don't have to deal with it.

Sifting through unrelated comments to find news articles.

Two things on the website: the first minor point is that a torrent of pathetic back-and-forth can tend to drown out good and relevant comment, especially when that comment becomes the last one on a page and the next page is filled up with puerile "banter", meaning that posters who may have something to add to the topic don't always realise that there is a faint thread of actual discussion still dying a lingering death somewhere in the topic; and second and more important, the rate at which posters change their names just craps me off - not being on a first-name basis with anyone, I'd prefer to know who I'm talking to or listening to over a period of more than a few months. I see posts by people I've never heard of, and then I see it's their 5 thousandth - and I have no clue who they were (except Raidersfan, he's pretty obvious!). Maybe there should be a sticky with an index of names - it might help the forum seem less forbidding to the people who read it and wouldn't dream of posting. It might also make the syndrome where people accuse others of being a certain poster they don't rate, whether it's them or not, impossible and further reduce the cliquishness. Just a thought.

Obnoxious comments from certain posters who berate you and treat you like an idiot if you don't agree or have a footballing brain as smart as them.

Too much name calling an off-topic discussion.

Trolls and unnecessary negativity. Not much you can do but I wish the actual fans would moderate their criticism just a bit more in the tough times.

A certain group of posters seem to have fun ganging up and bullying others. I don't understand why these posters are never warned or banned. [There's] online harassment.

What people are saying about how The Greenhouse can improve... or what The Greenhouse should do differently:

Post less photos on Instagram.

Nothing (four times).

I'll get back to you on the forum as/if I think of them.

Whinging newbies and over-moderation.

Somehow revert to how the forum was, when it was light-hearted and enjoyable. Now that it's run like Nazi Germany it seems a lot of the funnier characters no longer post, or hardly post at all due to fear of being censured. Meanwhile, it's acceptable behaviour for Admins to throw [inappropriate words] around during game day threads. That was the final straw for me, and several of my friends.

I liken internet forums to a pub - you want to hang out there but sometimes some goose (or geese) is being too annoying to deal with so you stay away for a bit or visit your local with gritted teeth. The publican has to let fun occur whilst ensuring good customers always feel welcome. It's a balancing act which you generally get right at the GH but, sometimes the annoying customers dominate proceedings and indeed, some are staff. I'm not an arguer myself, and hence people endlessly arguing is not a pub I want to go to.

Stop the insults, if the same continue to insult issue temporary bans, time increasing per ban perhaps that will result in a friendlier forum, no favoritism with treatment.

Thread marks for news articles within the match preview thread.

Stop people from being rude and obnoxious if they find your opinion to be different to theirs.

Though there's not much more you can do about pointless banter. Unless it's to make onions on belts compulsory. Or make that cloud pay attention.

Separate threads for Mounties games.

Website: I would like easier tracking of conversations I've posted in. The features for this currently aren't effective.

Overall it's excellent but would just like the place to be more positive.

Not filled in the survey yet? Do it here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TheGHFeedback
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

"The community. Where else would you wind up organising a group to view games in London or meet up to take over a Melbourne pub. Something to be proud of."

Interesting one. I like this aspect of it, too. Have met many a person on here. The flip side is that the moment someone says Shane, Brad or Ham instead of the posters usernames, people then appear to get their back up that there's "in-groups".

Should we have a community in which mates are not made so as to alleviate the issues from other posters which come with it? Or should we just try to be more discreet about who knows whom?

I tried the latter somewhat when clique was being thrown around like a rag dog, but that's a bit sad, isn't it.

Anyway, just my two cents on that quote.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Posos and negos have evolved into clique and anti-clique.

Humans are strange
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Use the groups functionality of the forum and just assign people to the clique group. It'll make things so much easier, and friendlier. Yes definitely.
Then when there's an outcry you can remove the group and sit back and be content with a job well done.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Clique, anti Clique, neutral
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2016

Post by Raider Bell »

I'm anti-clique, for the record.

If anyone has a drama with any of the clique send me a PM and I'll publicly call that person (or persons) out on their nonsense and garbage, which I think we can all agree is most of what they post.

I'm the people's champion.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

You're the people's goober
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

And we love our goober
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Typical pigman with his incessant name calling. What a flog
Dont delete this GE
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

And we love our flog.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

simo wrote:Typical pigman with his incessant name calling. What a flog
You shut your whore mouth!
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Any more survey updates? This stuff is good reading!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Archer wrote:Any more survey updates? This stuff is good reading!
This has been updated: http://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2#p1466330
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

I love the segment love!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I absolutely love this site. It is the first website I look at when I turn on a computer whether its during the season or not. However this place at Origin time sucks the life out of me. GE does a wonderful job here but should ban himself from any involvement in State of Origin game day threads, particularly score and game updates/commentary. It's horrible and embarrassing for somebody so well respected around here (by everybody) during the rest of the season, to carry himself like a ... like my 3 year old daughter when she is over tired and throwing a tantrum. It's easy enough to avoid the SOO threads but the Bull creeps into every thread in this place at that time of year.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gergreg... I've tried to resist responding to comments until the survey is over... but that's a pretty personal comment and I think your perspective depends on which side of the Tweed you're born on. My suggestion is to have a look at how many NSW supporters post during that period... and it is not me bringing it into every thread. I also suggest you have a look at how game day threads are actually run... go back and read the score updates this year. And then compare it to Origin television commentary. Bias is pretty hard to eliminate, but the score updates here are much less biased than Ray Warren, Phil Gould and Peter Sterling.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Every single discussion in relation to the Sharks you are involved in is twisted by your hatred of Paul Gallen (Note: even before the drug scandal). You need to get over it, you're better than that. Even in your response you have singled out the bias in the NSW section of the Channel 9 commentary team while ignoring the QLD members of the commentary team. You only have to turn on the football of a Friday night to see the Broncos bias and those same commentators are also involved in Origin.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote:Every single discussion in relation to the Sharks you are involved in is twisted by your hatred of Paul Gallen (Note: even before the drug scandal). You need to get over it, you're better than that. Even in your response you have singled out the bias in the NSW section of the Channel 9 commentary team while ignoring the QLD members of the commentary team. You only have to turn on the football of a Friday night to see the Broncos bias and those same commentators are also involved in Origin.
The Queensland members are very minor voices during the Nine Origin commentary. Indeed there were none involved in commentary on Nine for an extended period - and that was because NSW fans could not handle listening to a perspective from a Queenslander. The main commentary is run by the three people I mentioned and that's why I mentioned them.

I generally watch Fox, but Greg Alexander and Kevin Walters... indeed Gary Belcher... have their biases. It's impossible to avoid. I do my best, but to single me out on this site for bias at Origin time is pretty unfair IMO. Just about every poster is biased at Origin time.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Not me, couldn't care less.

Perhaps I should take over tweeting next year
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Nice job, gerg. Not only did you correctly highlight a big issue with this site, but you even managed to engage GE who, through his posts, perfectly illustrates the problem you raised :lol:

Very well played!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Professor wrote:Nice job, gerg. Not only did you correctly highlight a big issue with this site, but you even managed to engage GE who, through his posts, perfectly illustrates the problem you raised Image

Very well played!
Need that Michael Clarke fishing rod gif
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I wasn't fishing I was trying to provide a bit of feedback. Clearly hit a nerve.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And I'm just providing some feedback on your feedback. :)
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Is there any chance of having the site so you don't have to refresh all the time.

Would be handy game day, or when important information is released, like when I posted Wighton was suspended with 1000 people online.

All jokes aside, I turned off during the semi's as it was too hard to keep up with an important game, with sharing and viewing thoughts on the GH
WorkChoice
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

I'm not very computer literate and find it difficult to understand how to post pics and news stories. Can this process be simplified. That is all.
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Here are the final results of the 2016 annual feedback survey. Thank you to everyone who took the survey.

The results again highlight very strong satisfaction rates for our major platforms and minimal dissatisfaction rates. Some platforms are used by relatively few of the respondents, producing high responses of "neither satisfied nor dissatisfied" - for example, Pinterest. But overall, satisfaction rates are very high, and this is consistent with good growth rates in followers and record numbers of users this year.

Graph 6 legend:
The Greenhouse's own weekly match preview
Matt's Match-ups
Through green eyes (Thursday column)
Through green eyes: As I saw it (Match review and player ratings)
Game Day score updates and discussion
Weekly team announcements
Mounties updates
Canberra Raiders NYC and junior representatives updates
Canberra Raiders Cup updates
#WearGreen photo competition
#FromAllAngles photo competition
The Greenhouse Tipping Competition
Fans' Choice Player of the Year voting
The Greenroom social discussions
Rugby league discussion in general

* Note: Approximately 20 per cent of respondents were not given the option of selecting Canberra Raiders Cup updates, as the option was added after the survey began.

The survey responses are very positive, but, the free comments which have been shared during this week show there are some very differing views on some aspects of how the site should be run. Like a lot of things on the site, the views have been expressed with a lot of passion and show a high sense of ownership of the site by the users. Both are good things. But some of those comments are not too flattering, and we should take a bit of time to absorb them all, as a forum community.

Before I suggest a way forward, I'd be happy to take any final comments, now we have (very fully) shared the results.

So here's your chance to make any comments or suggestions.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I suggest a N/A field in the survey next year so you can distinguish non-users from users who were between satisfied and dissatisfied.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Best way forward, I think Abraham Lincoln said it best, "be excellent to each other and party on dudes".
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.