Toots and Beej

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Toots and Beej

Post by Timbo »

Would they have been able to play yesterday if we'd won at the death last week with their injuries? Because they're both unlikely starters for Roo jerseys due to their injuries in that game.

It gives me a weird feeling - almost like relief but not quite. I was desperately miserable that we weren't out there yesterday. But imagine if we'd had to call up Brenko and Santo for that game. Our combos would have been shot to hell and I wonder if we could have done the season justice.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
MrMilk
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Re: Toots and Beej

Post by MrMilk »

I'm sure they would have done all they could to get on the field, but almost no way they would have been 100%. While Hodgson and Austin made huge contributions in both the matches they played after injury, surely their performances were still hindered.

At the risk of sounding paranoid or superstitious, once we hit the finals it really seemed that it wasn't going to be our year. Injuries and (partial) stage fright. Given the way the Sharks monstered the Storm I'm not convinced we could've beaten them if we'd overcome the Storm. At our best, sure, but I suspect we would have been stunned out of the match from the start. I mean, look how flustered Cronk was.

Hopefully 2017 will be our year
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I think 2016 was a great platform to build off. It seems to be forgotten by most that we went into this year with both our starting halves recovering from shoulder surgeries. A full preseason with both running around with hodgo and wighton should see the spine in an even better place to start the year. Add to that tapine and paulo being with the squad and the extra years experience to boyd, bateman and priest, as well as whitehead having a full nrl year under his belt and the outlook is very very good.
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Given the injuries it may have been a blessing in disguise missing the GF. We can take the experience on to bigger and better things next year.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Didn't help Sezer got his face smashed in either
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

I'm looking forward to Toots and Beej 2: Journey to the GF. One of those rare instances where the sequel will be better than the original, like Godfather 2.
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I've always liked the original Godfather more tbh. Everyone was alive, the whole family was together - had a warmer feeling to it.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Star Wars Episode 5?
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Watching the Sharks roll an understreanth Raiders by a fair margin in the big one would have been devestating for us fans, imagine how it would have been for our blokes on the ground.
I'm happy to see some of our guys get some rep experience and come back next year even hungrier for a premiership so in the end it's a blessing we didn't fall over the line last week against the Storm
colin.copeland51
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by colin.copeland51 »

I agree, I'm disappointed get rolled, but with the season overall. Injuries in the finals made it hard, but there is lots to build on for next year

Sent from my HTC_0PCV2 using Tapatalk
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

colin.copeland51 wrote:I agree, I'm disappointed get rolled, but with the season overall. Injuries in the finals made it hard, but there is lots to build on for next year

:welcome:
colin.copeland51
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by colin.copeland51 »

Cheers