Off season segments!

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Off season segments!

Post by reptar »

Now it's officially the off-season, this is the place for your off-season segments! No list, they'll make their return next year.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Off season segments!

Post by T_R »

You don't think my occasional photo of a budgie segment had the legs to carry on through into the off season?

Maybe I could photograph a finch or a quail, as a spin-off. Kind of like Fear the Walking Dead, but not as crap.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Frank the Cat's View From A Lap Grand Final Special

Here I am, celebrating one year of being adopted by the great reptar. May he continue to be employed so he can buy me meat to eat.

I must say I was disappointed on the weekend. I have been pensive all week, even by cat standards. The Raiders were right in that game, despite two lame centres and refereeing interpretations that didn't help. However, I still despise those Sharks more. Sharks are for eating, not for winning premierships. I suspect the Storm, who should be fully fit (minus Slater, obviously), to make minced meat of the Sharks, and then we will all find out how many metric tears are in a Gallen! Storm to be too clinical, too composed. Someone has GOT to sit that fat **** Fafita on his fat ****, too. Storm by 12.
Last edited by reptar on September 27, 2016, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

To finch or not to finch that is the Question?
This place is woke.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:You don't think my occasional photo of a budgie segment had the legs to carry on through into the off season?

Maybe I could photograph a finch or a quail, as a spin-off. Kind of like Fear the Walking Dead, but not as crap.
I expect you could post any number of budgie derivatives! I certainly hope so. I just don't want to have a list of segments that ends up being longer than the rest of the thread combined. :)
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

If you post Tony Abbott's budgies I'm outta here!
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

reptar's picture of a goat

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

It's

2016 Grand Final: Melbourne Storm V Cronulla Sharks ploder or not

NRL Grand Final
Melbourne Storm V Cronulla Sharks

Sunday October 2, 7:15pm
Stadium Australia
TV: Nine
Radio: ABC 666, 2CC

Different concept this week, choosing ploders without the Raiders involved. Plod up! Haven't included the extended bench in any plodstatus.

Melbourne Storm

1. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Marika Koroibete 6. Blake Green 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Tim Glasby 16. Christian Welch 17. Ben Hampton 18. Young Tonumaipea 19. Slade Griffin 20. Matt White 21. Felise Kaufusi 22. Ryan Morgan

Cronulla Sharks

1. Ben Barba 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Jack Bird 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Valentine Holmes 6. James Maloney 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Michael Ennis 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen

14. Gerard Beale 15. Chris Heighington 16. Sam Tagataese 17. Jayson Bukuya 18. Kurt Capewell 21. Joseph Paulo

Match Officials
Referees: Matt Cecchin, Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten, Ashley Klein
Standby Referee: Gerard Sutton; Standby Touch Judge: Chris Butler

One a piece! The biggest outrage is... Brett Suttor as a sideline official?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I'm launching a "Worst person I tweeted" this week.

Current leader is a Missouri governor candidate.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Suttor a ploder but Younis isn't? I think you got then around the wrong way
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

reptar wrote:It's

2016 Grand Final: Melbourne Storm V Cronulla Sharks ploder or not

NRL Grand Final
Melbourne Storm V Cronulla Sharks

Sunday October 2, 7:15pm
Stadium Australia
TV: Nine
Radio: ABC 666, 2CC

Different concept this week, choosing ploders without the Raiders involved. Plod up! Haven't included the extended bench in any plodstatus.

Melbourne Storm

1. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Marika Koroibete 6. Blake Green 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Tim Glasby 16. Christian Welch 17. Ben Hampton 18. Young Tonumaipea 19. Slade Griffin 20. Matt White 21. Felise Kaufusi 22. Ryan Morgan

Cronulla Sharks

1. Ben Barba 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Jack Bird 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Valentine Holmes 6. James Maloney 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Michael Ennis 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen

14. Gerard Beale 15. Chris Heighington 16. Sam Tagataese 17. Jayson Bukuya 18. Kurt Capewell 21. Joseph Paulo

Match Officials
Referees: Matt Cecchin, Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten, Ashley Klein
Standby Referee: Gerard Sutton; Standby Touch Judge: Chris Butler

One a piece! The biggest outrage is... Brett Suttor as a sideline official?
You missed Patten
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

You can tell my heart wasn't in it this week!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Who the **** is this ****?!
The off season has come and you'd think this segment is dead, right? WRONG! Welcome to Pigman's "Who the **** is this ****?!! – GH Off Season edition!!!", where i find a poster with over 500 posts on this forum who know has heard of
Without further ado...

Sugarman? Who the **** is this ****?!
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

Pigman wrote:Who the **** is this ****?!
The off season has come and you'd think this segment is dead, right? WRONG! Welcome to Pigman's "Who the **** is this ****?!! – GH Off Season edition!!!", where i find a poster with over 500 posts on this forum who know has heard of
Without further ado...

Sixto Rodriguez?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Is he related to Candyman
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

reptar's weekly picture of Bonehead

This week, a special John moment:

Here he is being inducted into the ACT Sports Hall of Fame.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Without further ado...

Oh, I like THIS segment a lot!!

Can you try and prioritise ***** who've posted in the last twelve months??
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I sure can!!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

reptar's 3 NRL players picked from a hat

Yes, more understandable than the Dally Ms, and with far more prestige, without further ado, I present to you 3 NRL players picked from a hat:
  • Brenko Lee
  • Shaun Lane
  • John Folau
Congratulations to these 3! May your careers be successful and positively influenced by your random selection.

For transparency, here is the hat used:

Stay tuned for another edition next week!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Delicious
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Pigman wrote:Delicious
Best bit was Tony Squires was nowhere to be seen!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

**** he's hopeless
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I hope someone keeps up the "Jordan Rapana, how **** good is he?" segment every week during the off season!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

reptar's what the BroncosHQ are saying about The Greenhouse this week
Which website do you guys think has more **** heads going off tonight, **** or the Greenhouse forum?
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

reptar wrote:reptar's 3 NRL players picked from a hat

Yes, more understandable than the Dally Ms, and with far more prestige, without further ado, I present to you 3 NRL players picked from a hat:
  • Brenko Lee
  • Shaun Lane
  • John Folau
Congratulations to these 3! May your careers be successful and positively influenced by your random selection.

I think Kyle Lovett was robbed. He can count himself unlucky to have not been selected from the hat at complete random.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

He'll have his chance next week. Equal of any other player!
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

reptar wrote:reptar's what the BroncosHQ are saying about The Greenhouse this week
Which website do you guys think has more **** heads going off tonight, **** or the Greenhouse forum?
the edit makes that not make sense, whats the other forum? I'll be damned if we cant win this award
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

reptar wrote:reptar's 3 NRL players picked from a hat

• Brenko Lee
  • Shaun Lane
  • John Folau

I was going to have a good break over the off season but with segments like this I can't bring myself to stay away for too long!

The hat makes it reptar! Any NRL player would feel privileged to have their name drawn at random out of that hat!
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Pigman wrote:**** he's hopeless
He's been off his game for years - peaked more than a decade ago and has been on a steady decline since. Always has blood shot eyes too, makes me wonder if he's smoking a bowl in the green room before his show.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Begbie wrote:
Pigman wrote:**** he's hopeless
He's been off his game for years - peaked more than a decade ago and has been on a steady decline since. Always has blood shot eyes too, makes me wonder if he's smoking a bowl in the green room before his show.
He peaked? Only because he had drugs.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Without further ado...

I like this segment!

Gangers is too sad for poetry this week. Wish I was watching the Raiders today :(
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:
Without further ado...

I like this segment!

Gangers is too sad for poetry this week. Wish I was watching the Raiders today :(
'Poetry'

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Without further ado...

I like this segment!

'Poetry'
#ShotsFired!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Oh no you didn't!
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

gangrenous wrote:
Without further ado...

I like this segment!

Thats awful gangers, but I will say this segment is my new favourite offseason segment and I really hope it continues
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)