2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final V Storm segment thread

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:My father is dreadfully sick, health wise he can only get down to Canberra 10-15 times per year and it will be much better for my family unit for us all to be together in our family home in Teneri... Err I mean Inala

Pigford is looking committed to the GH for the 2016 season
You'll be bursting out of your jersey by June.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Real pies...
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm just going to have a dream, leave for a bit and then have more dreams and find myself somewhere else after hinting I'll come back here.
Edrick The Entertainer
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

bonehead wrote:I'm just going to have a dream, leave for a bit and then have more dreams and find myself somewhere else after hinting I'll come back here.
YES NEW SEGMENT OLE BONEYS CELEBRITY HEADS!!!!
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

This is a fantastic segment response! I can't wait to see who will be bullied and harassed out of the forum next week!

RIP nickman! You contributed more (volume) to this forum on a short space of time than most of the lurkers that secretly complained about you and had you run out of town ever will!

I may have had a gutfull of the petty bickering and bull **** that goes on between people that are on the same side and no doubt I'll disappear for the off season but be back here next year doing it all again.

On Tom, the only reason he never means what he says is because he can't remember what he just said or who he spoke to at the Sharks game!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

pickles wrote:This is a fantastic segment response! I can't wait to see who will be bullied and harassed out of the forum next week!

RIP nickman! You contributed more (volume) to this forum on a short space of time than most of the lurkers that secretly complained about you and had you run out of town ever will!

I may have had a gutfull of the petty bickering and bull **** that goes on between people that are on the same side and no doubt I'll disappear for the off season but be back here next year doing it all again.

On Tom, the only reason he never means what he says is because he can't remember what he just said or who he spoke to at the Sharks game!
But he will let you play with his horn.

Ftr, once we are out I'm out till next season too
Edrick The Entertainer
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

bonehead wrote:
pickles wrote:This is a fantastic segment response! I can't wait to see who will be bullied and harassed out of the forum next week!

fair play pickles, I cant remember the things I said to people same day so lets go easy here. You'll both be sorely missed.
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Hbomb wrote:forum rules dictate you cant discuss pms without both partys permission dubs sheeeez
In my experience it's sleeping on the couch if you ever discuss PMS, especially if she gives you permission. It's a trap.

Hbomb wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: wheels within wheels plots within plots, i'm a regular Bene Gesserit
:)

Pigman wrote:
T_R wrote:
Pigman wrote:My gut is pretty much full tbh
I'm hoping to ride out this season with the lads to a premiership and then I'll reconsider my future.
We know about your offer from Broncos HQ.

I want to be absolutely clear; you will not be released from your 2017 contract, and we will expect to see you at pre-season training as per normal.
I've got a case of cruisers and access to the F&R bronto so I can get to GE's helipad without access codes, I'm ready to do what needs to be done
:lol:

As for the thread in general - well, that escalated quickly... I just came in here to drop off some poetry... I'll come back later.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We're about to play a Preliminary Final, the first in a generation, and all you blokes do is rattle on about this rubbish. Get over yourselves. Have a good look in the mirror. Treat each other nicely and with a bit more respect. Focus on the footy. Get on with it. We're all supposed to be Raiders fans. And that's all I'm going to say.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

gangrenous wrote: In my experience it's sleeping on the couch if you ever discuss PMS, especially if she gives you permission. It's a trap.

As for the thread in general - well, that escalated quickly... I just came in here to drop off some poetry... I'll come back later.
hahahahahaha :clap: :clap: :clap:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

**** off.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

What did i JUST say, Q?!?
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

wait so who's the lizard man? Bushy help me out
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

What just happened?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

More GH dramas due to the clique, what else would you expect.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I travel away to Canberra for work for two days and I come back to GE telling people off in the segment thread?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Can we at least admit that the Posse had something to do with it?
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

bonehead wrote:Son of a former boss of mine
Are you an Eden boy?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Hbomb wrote:Can we at least admit that the Posse had something to do with it?
You can say that and already have!

I'm having a chat to Frank tonight. Will post the outcome tomorrow.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

reptar wrote:
Hbomb wrote:Can we at least admit that the Posse had something to do with it?
You can say that and already have!

I'm having a chat to Frank tonight. Will post the outcome tomorrow.
I really hope the posse and the clique havent upset frank, it would be an awful distraction coming up into the prelims
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

BJ wrote:
bonehead wrote:Son of a former boss of mine
Are you an Eden boy?
No lol same name as the son of one of my old bosses but he plays afl
Edrick The Entertainer
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Hbomb wrote:
bonehead wrote:

fair play pickles, I cant remember the things I said to people same day so lets go easy here. You'll both be sorely missed.
That's why what you say is so mysterious! I'll see you on the brewing forums over the summer!
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

What the **** ever happened to David 90210, was he also assasinated by a lizard?
This place is woke.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Question wrote:What the **** ever happened to David 90210, was he also assasinated by a lizard?
No his kindergarten students made his head explode
Edrick The Entertainer
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

pickles wrote:
Hbomb wrote:
bonehead wrote:

That's why what you say is so mysterious! I'll see you on the brewing forums over the summer!
Thats right... i talk to you there too ....
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Ftr, might as well move the segments thread to the troll cave it's been **** so badly this week
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

What in the flying **** is going on in here??
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Some lizard bloke. Looked in the mirror.
This place is woke.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

The Nickman wrote:What in the flying **** is going on in here??
STONE COLD, STONE COLD, THE TEXAS RATTLE SNAKE IS BACK! GO GET YOU SUHM!!!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hbomb wrote:
I would literally walk down to the ring right now, Stunner everybody in this thread (Manbush and dubby twice each) and then climb the turnbuckle and pour beers all down the front of my shirt if this were an old episode of Raw is War.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote:Seriously Simo, I like the guy but he continuously rode what he considered jokes into the ground at other's expense, constant ad hominems, Dubby and myself are two that spring straight to mind, I almost quit myself last week because I'd had a gut full of his behavior.
You see, I take great umbrage with this comment. I call you and dubby out all the time because, quite frankly, you're two of the most narrow-minded individuals I've come across and I completely disagree with the way you view the world when it comes to just about everything.

It's not about me carrying on a joke or trying to be funny, it's literally because I couldn't be opposed more with how the two of you view the world through your close-minded tunnel like vision.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

The Nickman wrote:
Hbomb wrote:
I would literally walk down to the ring right now, Stunner everybody in this thread (Manbush and dubby twice each) and then climb the turnbuckle and pour beers all down the front of my shirt if this were an old episode of Raw is War.
:lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:He wasn't run out. He's decided to take a break

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
And I agree with dubby whole-heartedly here... I wasn't "run out of town" by anybody, I just chose to take a break.

Exactly the same as Rra decided to do.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Oh god.

Kids, it's finals week.

Let's all play nicely.

If that's not possible, let's just all gang up on Bay.

Otherwise, why don't we just love each other for a couple of weeks, then form lynch mobs and gangs in the offseason and burn the joint down then?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.