Wighton not guilty

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Wighton facing a four game suspension

Post by Manbush »

gangrenous wrote:Call it a bump or a shoulder charge, it's illegal and put Edwards (and Jack!) at unnecessary risk of injury. That's why the NRL are trying to eliminate those tackles.

If someone put that hit on a Raider and got nothing I'd be ropable.
If Ennis didn't get off I don't think anyone would be complaining (except at the grading).
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Manbush wrote:
gangrenous wrote:Call it a bump or a shoulder charge, it's illegal and put Edwards (and Jack!) at unnecessary risk of injury. That's why the NRL are trying to eliminate those tackles.

If Ennis didn't get off I don't think anyone would be complaining (except at the grading).
Because we probably wouldn't be privy to the criteria they use to determine a "shoulder charge"
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

That's exactly what I've been saying Bushy!
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Manbush wrote:

But he did, so let's complain - it's warranted.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

Christmas Ape wrote:Anyone remember this: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... fd91fe1aec

In the article, he admits to getting the grading of Tapau's shot on Bird wrong and also applauds Koroibete's aggressiveness and willingness to stop a try when he performs the clearest shoulder charge you'll ever see. Not to mention exonerating Nathan Brown for missing that lad's nuts by an inch.

This is really blowing my tiny little mind. I've spent all day in utter disbelief.

For what it's worth, and I've seen all the stills and watched the videos countless times, I can't see where Jack's shoulder comes into contact with Edwards' body at all. Its a god damn head clash for fks sake.

I reckon the sensible outcome should've been (ignoring the ludicrous grading system) -

Ennis - Shoulder charge - 1 week
Jack - Dangerous contact - 1 week

Sorted. That would've saved me from being on the verge of a mild stroke.
Ape old mate, good to see you and your passion aflame enough to make a return. I agree with what you've said and hope the no appeal game we've been playing recently works in our favour. Is there a chance Redwards might make a statement in support?
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Gallen on Big Sports Breakfast now defending Ennis and ripping in to Wighton for "charging in with his shoulder and absolutely smashing Edwards, knocking him out. There was no duty of care shown by Jack. Ennis ticked 2 out of 3 of the criteria but Jack ticked all 3."

Hope Papalii hears this.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Peter wrote:Gallen on Big Sports Breakfast now defending Ennis and ripping in to Wighton for "charging in with his shoulder and absolutely smashing Edwards, knocking him out. There was no duty of care shown by Jack. Ennis ticked 2 out of 3 of the criteria but Jack ticked all 3."

Hope Papalii hears this.
Ughhh this **** guy!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Peter wrote:Gallen on Big Sports Breakfast now defending Ennis and ripping in to Wighton for "charging in with his shoulder and absolutely smashing Edwards, knocking him out. There was no duty of care shown by Jack. Ennis ticked 2 out of 3 of the criteria but Jack ticked all 3."

Hope Papalii hears this.
gallen was sprouting that crap on the rush hour last night. Biggest grub in the game. This is the same paul gallen whos come out and said to ban writing on armbands after one of his players used his to support a convicted killer. LETS NOT LISTEN TO HIM!
Dont delete this GE
CRR

Post by CRR »

Too many knocks to the head that guy has had
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

I hate Gallen so much. Biggest grub going around.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

simo wrote:

Hope Papalii hears this.
gallen was sprouting that crap on the rush hour last night. Biggest grub in the game. This is the same paul gallen whos come out and said to ban writing on armbands after one of his players used his to support a convicted killer. LETS NOT LISTEN TO HIM!
Plus he's a drug cheat - yeah, **** it, I'm going all GE on the **** now!
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

I've never disliked a player as much as Paul Gallen. I find cheering for NSW so challenging with him, Bird and Dugan in the team.
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Professor wrote:
simo wrote:

Hope Papalii hears this.
Go all the way mate.

Cronulla shouldn't even be able to field a team, they should've all been banned and the club closed down rabble rabble rabble :rant
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Professor wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:The MRC has come out publicly and said if there is separation from the body of the upper arm at point of contact then it is not deemed a shoulder charge. No charges therefore to be laid. Jack's upper arm was clearly separated from his body. There is no disputing this. Case closed.
I'm fair dinkum loving the conviction in your arguments on this situation.

As concise as the above above argument is, it's fair dinkum bang on. Jack could just about represent himself, quote your exact post, dropped the **** mic on Beutner's head and walk out with a not guilty.

That is the image I'll have in my head all day. Thanks Prof!
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

I thought Gal didn't like blokes being hit after they pass the ball...
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
Kingtoots
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: BJ

Post by Kingtoots »

Good morning fellow greenhouse members, how are we all feeling this morning? Argh it's gonna be a longggggg day!
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Dog shot

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Kingtoots
Sam Backo

Post by Kingtoots »

Gals just **** bricks because he knows we will blow them off the park with ease. He knows the only way they will have a chance is if we are missing 2 of our best players, poor bastard. Sounds desperate. off Gallen you grub!
Last edited by dubby on September 6, 2016, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please stop avoiding the swear filter
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Kingtoots wrote:Good morning fellow greenhouse members, how are we all feeling this morning?
Like I could vomit into a bag of kittens.

And you?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

AJL wrote:I thought Gal didn't like blokes being hit after they pass the ball...
according to gal, ennis was clearly pulling out if the tackle and had no intention to make contact with green
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

simo wrote:
AJL wrote:I thought Gal didn't like blokes being hit after they pass the ball...
according to gal, ennis was clearly pulling out if the tackle and had no intention to make contact with green
If that's Gal's definition of pulling out, he must have 8 or 9 kids by now.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Kingtoots
Sam Backo

Post by Kingtoots »

Professor wrote:
Kingtoots wrote:Good morning fellow greenhouse members, how are we all feeling this morning?
Like I could vomit into a bag of kittens.

And you?
Me too mate, me too...
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Professor wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:
Hbomb wrote:Im not confident he'll get off but Im really confident me and professor and simo will get banned for life from canberra stadium after we throw the worlds most tremendous tantrum bay69 has ever seen.
I beg your pardon. I'll be banned for my tantrum in bay69 as well.
It's not looking good if he's still found guilty given the reactions of the four of us yesterday, is it.
Sorry belly i forgot you were there too in my fit on rage. Im just weak from pure anger. I just cant accept this.
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Kingtoots
Sam Backo

Post by Kingtoots »

greeneyed wrote:Sydney lawyer Nick Ghabar will represent Jack Wighton tonight, Tim Gavel says.

Ghabar has an excellent record at the judiciary having successfully defended Justin Hodges so he could play in last year's grand final for Brisbane. He also got Josh Reynolds off a charge two years ago so he could play for New South Wales.
This gives me a bit more confidence, get it done Nick!! We are all behind you. :cmon
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

T_R wrote:
simo wrote:
:roflmao :roflmao
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Hope Papalii hears this.
Urgh, are you kidding me Gallen? Knocked him out? Oh please. And I bet the hosts did nothing to correct him.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Manbush wrote:
Professor wrote:
simo wrote:

Hope Papalii hears this.
Go all the way mate.

Cronulla shouldn't even be able to field a team, they should've all been banned and the club closed down rabble rabble rabble :rant
Heard this on NRL360 last night. Coming from a bloke that rips stitches from someone's head.

**** off Gallen you dirty **** ****. Hope the Sharks go out in straight sets.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote:
simo wrote:
Pay that Image

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

It's going to be a long day
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Northern Raider wrote:
T_R wrote:
simo wrote:
Pay that Image
I'll pay that as well (even if it is tr)
I don't post facts
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

On Big Sports Breakfast Gallen went out of his way to describe the difference between Ennis and Wighton tackle. He said that Wighton came in basically with intent "and knocked the guy out" .. went on to say that players have a duty of care
bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I bombarded BSB with my opinions this morning.
I don't post facts
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Btw that pic that the NRL have used to defend is absolute BS .. it is taken as Ennis is pushing away not just before the point of impact. If there was any credence to the conspiracy theory this is it.

Ennis sizes up an opponent, who has just passed the ball, showing only his shoulder. On impact his arm is tucked in without a doubt.
I don't post facts
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You can't blame Gallen for trying anything in his power to turn the odds in their favour. I don't know that it will help them TBH. They are in horrible form at the moment. After a great patch during the middle of the season Barba looks like a rabbit in the headlights out there. Some of his defence this w/e (if you can call it that) was disgusting. He'll have nightmares of BJ running at him.

Most important that the club gets the suspension down to 1 game.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Kingtoots
Sam Backo

Post by Kingtoots »

Just watched last nights episode of NRL360 Paul Kent was blowing up delux about the wighton charge and rightfully so. He put together a very good case of why Jack should get off.
Kingtoots
Sam Backo

Post by Kingtoots »

Raidersfan wrote:Btw that pic that the NRL have used to defend is absolute BS .. it is taken as Ennis is pushing away not just before the point of impact. If there was any credence to the conspiracy theory this is it.

Ennis sizes up an opponent, who has just passed the ball, showing only his shoulder. On impact his arm is tucked in without a doubt.
Was thinking the exact same thing. Atleast they won't be able to use their Bull images tonight and reality will slap them in the face.