All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

matthew wood
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Bronson Harrison

Toots Croker 2nd

Re: Wighton facing a four game suspension

Post by matthew wood »

Justin hodges anyone? Or maybe ryan james must fight this at worst i see us getting a downgrade where jack might miss a week. Joke!
1 August 2009 - 56 reasons to be a Raiders fan - 0 to be a Bronco.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

"Not tucked" :lol:
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

Northern Raider wrote:THis pic from the Raiders website clearly shows its not a shoulder charge. What was Beuttner saying about his arm being down by his side?

And there's the defence case. By their own rules, the arm not being tucked in is sufficient for Wighton to get off.
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

AJL wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:THis pic from the Raiders website clearly shows its not a shoulder charge. What was Beuttner saying about his arm being down by his side?

And there's the defence case. By their own rules, the arm not being tucked in is sufficient for Wighton to get off.
What's his right arm doing?
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

WHAT THE ****!!!!!

I cannot believe this.

If I was stick, fight the charge the whole way.

The NRL is a **** JOKE!
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Re: The judiciary is ****

Post by Raider Bell »

Pigman wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Pigman wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:
Pigman wrote:He'll be fine

If he's charged the papers will be filled with stories of inconsistency at the MRC committee and that'll be the talk of the week. They wont be signing up for that **** show. They've gone too far down to road to walk it back now. He'll be cleared to play. Im sure of it!
I think you gave the NRL way too much credit in this case
UBET i did. **** hell
Do you still believe there is no bias against us?
Absolutely I do
As stated, the MRC has been a walking punch line of inconsistency since inception.
That we always seem to be on the receiving end of.

Do you think it's at all possible the Greenberg or someone in the NRL administration could be corrupt? Or do you think it's completely impossible.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Also this is the guy who said "element of football" and let Hayne off for touching a ref as it was an "accident" which somehow doesn't come into consideration for ANY other charges...
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Our best chance is to push for a downgrade to 1 week. The other BS charge he copped against the cowboys doesnt help.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Shezza wrote:
AJL wrote:

Check the video. It was up as well.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Anything is possible.

I'd say the likelihood that Greenberg or someone in the NRL being corrupted specifically to disadvantage the Canberra Raiders would be the closest decimal point to impossible without saying it's impossible.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Northern Raider wrote:
Shezza wrote:
AJL wrote:

Check the video. It was up as well.
Surely if we rock up showing both arms up it's not a shoulder charge and he walks. Surely???

Dreaming. They'll prob grant Jack Bird his wish and move us to Sydney as punishment for complaining.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Beuttner being pedantic with definitions to let off Ennis and charging Jack. I'm wondering where his "element of football" explanation is that applied to this one.

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I think there is one thing we can at least all agree on - **** the match review committee
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We'll obviously be fighting it. No question. The club will be putting together our defence and getting counsel in place as we speak.

But it upsets our prep, and is a complete farce.

Not that it was smart play from Jack, but I believe pretty much 95% of the rugby league community believe he should be able to play next week. It's just unfortunate that the 5% happen to include the clowns on the match review panel.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Shezza wrote:Surely if we rock up showing both arms up it's not a shoulder charge and he walks. Surely???

Dreaming. They'll prob grant Jack Bird his wish and move us to Sydney as punishment for complaining.
It really is that simple. The definition of the charge is not consistent with the images. Unfortunately we shouldn't hold our breath for logic to play a part in judiciary hearings.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Pigman wrote:Anything is possible.

I'd say the likelihood that Greenberg or someone in the NRL being corrupted specifically to disadvantage the Canberra Raiders would be the closest decimal point to impossible without saying it's impossible.
In reality, yes. I don't think they're angled against the Raiders, I think they're angled towards a select few teams, at the very real detriment of others.

There's only so many times you can put these blunders down to incompetence.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Between this and blokes wearing FKL on their arm bands, the NRL is a deadset disgrace of an organisation, now watch for the Titans to be barrowed through the finals as well, like the did with storm many moons ago, Fifa > NRL.
This place is woke.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Northern Raider wrote:
Shezza wrote:Surely if we rock up showing both arms up it's not a shoulder charge and he walks. Surely???

It really is that simple. The definition of the charge is not consistent with the images. Unfortunately we shouldn't hold our breath for logic to play a part in judiciary hearings.
I got a screen shot showing the right arm but can't work out how to upload it.

dontknowwhatimdoingdog.jpg
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Northern Raider wrote:Beuttner being pedantic with definitions to let off Ennis and charging Jack. I'm wondering where his "element of football" explanation is that applied to this one.

My dissatisfaction with the NRL has hit an all time high.

What a **** disgrace of an organisation. I continually refer back to the Koribete incident, when discussing the farce that is, the NRL match review committee.

They wonder why people are turning off. What a **** joke.

We need to fight this with everything we have because (a) Wighton's arm is clearly open to making the tackle (b) Koribete (c) we need Jack (d) **** the MRC
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The left arm in the Wighton tackle is completely irrelevant guys because he shoulder charged him with the right shoulder ****. On that tackle alone I have no dramas with him being charged.

But **** me put it up against the Ennis charge (which was way worse he's just not as strong) and it is a **** gee up.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I actually wonder if there is more human xxxxx administering it as opposed to playing it.
This place is woke.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

MRC are absolute **** ... this is clear from the video on Fox (use the slide bar to slow down play)

.. Wighton's leading arm is NOT tucked in ... therefore one of the parameters is **** already.
.. Wighton's left arm is pointing upwards and is on the ball / chest of Edwards indicating that he as attempting to wrap his arms ... another of the parameters ****

Fight it all the way Raiders ... lets make an example of this biased organisation !!
Last edited by Raidersfan on September 5, 2016, 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I don't post facts
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Raidersfan wrote:MRC are absolute **** ... this is clear from the video on Fox (use the slide bar to slow down play)

.. Wighton's leading arm is NOT tucked in ... therefore one of the parameters is **** already.
.. Wighton's left arm is pointing upwards and is on the ball / chest of Edwards indicating that he as attempting to wrap his arms ... another of the parameters ****

Fight it all the way Raiders ... lets make an example of this biased organisation !!
The leading arm is 100% the right arm in this instance and it is definitely tucked and braced to shoulder IMO.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Ezy
Brett Mullins

Post by Ezy »

I've sent an email too.

Feels like I'm living in some kind of dark, parallel universe at the moment with the ticketing fiasco and now **** this.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Northern Raider wrote:Beuttner being pedantic with definitions to let off Ennis and charging Jack. I'm wondering where his "element of football" explanation is that applied to this one.

That's not a shoulder charge though, that's one of the top 10 plays of the week, ask the NRL, it is known...
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^
julian the leading arm must be tucked into his side ... it is NOT tucked into his side ... there is a definite gap between arm and his chest
I don't post facts
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

julian87 wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:MRC are absolute **** ... this is clear from the video on Fox (use the slide bar to slow down play)

The leading arm is 100% the right arm in this instance and it is definitely tucked and braced to shoulder IMO.
Oh, do me a favour, Julian.

Inconsistency has 100% been illustrated by the match review committee in a space of 24 hours.

Just run with that, ay, instead of being your usual contrarian self and seeking to disagree with 99% of other people.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Upper arm tucked into his side my ****

Gorilla
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Gorilla »

Is anyone posting this photographic evidence to the raiders twitter acct? We should be bombarding the club letting them know they gotta fight it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Gorilla on September 5, 2016, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

it looks like most of the contact is made with the arm not the shoulder.

Wighton runs in hard and makes good tackles, but if your first contact is with your arm and the most painful contact is the headbutt, it is hard to say it is a worse shoulder charge then ennis' one off the ball, especially since wightons arm isn't tucked in.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

simo wrote:Image
1. Both hands were up.
3. A head clash? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Thanks for that pic NR

Wighton's arm hits the ball carrying arm which Edwards has extended to protect for impact. Wighton's front arm finishes on the ball/chest.
I don't post facts
Kingtoots
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: BJ

Post by Kingtoots »

As fans we MUST fight this and do our part for the team! Keep the emails and phone calls, shares, social media posts, and anything you can think of rolling!!!! WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS ****!!
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

His leading upper arm is definitely tucked into his side.

Let's not pretend here that Wighton's doesn't deserve suspension - it does, as does Ennis'. Edwards was veering away from him and Jack was looking to poleaxe him - it's an inexusable brain snap, absolutely no doubt about that.

To me the problem here is the is the impact and post contact. We've seen this have a big influence on the descisions made by the MRC of late, and it seems to have opened a Pandora's box in terms of their consistency and rulings. Had Ennis have launched right at him and flailed his arms, he'd be in a bit of hot water as well.
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

Question wrote:Between this and blokes wearing FKL on their arm bands, the NRL is a deadset disgrace of an organisation, now watch for the Titans to be barrowed through the finals as well, like the did with storm many moons ago, Fifa > NRL.
lets not forget spitting at a female bartender and being choked out by bouncers only to play that very weekend. It really is gob smacking some of the inconsistencies. That Independent commission is a complete and utter failure.