Orlando

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Orlando

Post by The Nickman »

Oh ok guys, it's ok. Manbush knows two victims of domestic abuse so he's an expert on the topic now.

Case closed, nothing to see here, lock her up.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

That's a very interesting use of the word "let"....

So what would happen if she did call the cops prior to this and he just denies everything and is let go.. I'm sure she would be fine when he gets home......
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Never said I'm an expert mate, one was my auntie when I was a kid I only learnt of it when I grew up and tore mum and dad to shreds for letting it continue the other was a housemate and her boyfriend, none of us (7 of us lived in the house) realised at the time.

Just 49 people are dead because of it.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Once again Manbush proves that he has absolute ZERO idea of the world outside his narrow-minded bubble that he lives in.

Everything is jut so black and white for him, he just can't even bear to contemplate that the world is varying shades of grey.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

There are definitely greys mate
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Leave my beard out of this, pal
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

The Nickman wrote:
simo wrote:The most ridiculous thing ive read is that her being abused by her partner is no excuse for not stopping him. The psychological effects of domestic violence are something that i dont understand completely myself, but i am damn sure they are horrible. We'd all do well not to downplay them
Exactly simo. Exactly. I'm amazed by people's attitudes here to something they clearly don't understand.
Well I must fit in "people", Nick, and I've not sought to downplay her situation. In fact, I said earlier in this thread that she was in an unwinnable position and that it's a position I do not envy. That said - and I'm not suggesting I know the exact path she could have gone down here - 50 innocent people are dead; all of whom had zero say in the matter.

I guess what I'm saying is, I would hate to think that domestic violence has become that bad both here and abroad that it can have flow on effects to mass murders.

I've said many a year ago on here also that domestic violence within and around my immediate family and friends is not something I'm really aware of, so I'm only educated from what I read and see.

Maybe that's why I'm not 100 percent excusing her silence. I don't know.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Manbush wrote:Never said I'm an expert mate, one was my auntie when I was a kid I only learnt of it when I grew up and tore mum and dad to shreds for letting it continue the other was a housemate and her boyfriend, none of us (7 of us lived in the house) realised at the time.

Hahahahahahaha did Nick just made a lucky guess of it being two?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Having a mrs who is a social worker has taught ne a few things about it. It's debilitating for the victim. They fear their partners more than anything, even if theyre locked away. It is far more widespread than we will ever know. Its hard to come to terms with as (hopefully) all of us here are not in such a relationship or had someone close involved in one.
Dont delete this GE
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Raider 85 wrote:
Manbush wrote:Never said I'm an expert mate, one was my auntie when I was a kid I only learnt of it when I grew up and tore mum and dad to shreds for letting it continue the other was a housemate and her boyfriend, none of us (7 of us lived in the house) realised at the time.

Nah I had done a longer post but thought better to try and get out of it so I edited it down before I realised Nickman had responded.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:Leave my beard out of this, pal
Mate I'd kill for grey beard, a lot better than a bloody ranga one, bloody dads genes only show through there.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Manbush wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:

Nah I had done a longer post but thought better to try and get out of it so I edited it down before I realised Nickman had responded.
Oh, I thought Nick exhibiting a correct prediction was a bit beyond him.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Raider 85 wrote:
I've said many a year ago on here also that domestic violence within and around my immediate family and friends is not something I'm really aware of
Scarey thing is it could be happening under your nose, the housemate of mine we were 7 (5 girls 2 guys) good mates straight out of school, none of us had a clue it was happening under our noses, the guy (not one of the housemates) appeared so gentle and friendly, we only found out after she broke down after they'd broken up and he called the cops on us!
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Manbush wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
I've said many a year ago on here also that domestic violence within and around my immediate family and friends is not something I'm really aware of
Scarey thing is it could be happening under your nose, the housemate of mine we were 7 (5 girls 2 guys) good mates straight out of school, none of us had a clue it was happening under our noses, the guy (not one of the housemates) appeared so gentle and friendly, we only found out after she broke down after they'd broken up and he called the cops on us!
I don't live in a group house, so that would go some way to ensuring it's not happening under my nose.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Orlando

Post by Botman »

Raider 85 wrote:

It's always 2. One he was unaware of at the time, and one he made a defiant stand about

ATAOAMBH
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Orlando

Post by Botman »

simo wrote:Having a mrs who is a social worker has taught ne a few things about it. It's debilitating for the victim. They fear their partners more than anything, even if theyre locked away. It is far more widespread than we will ever know. Its hard to come to terms with as (hopefully) all of us here are not in such a relationship or had someone close involved in one.
Absolutely
My wife works in child protection. Domestic violence is a huge part of her job and the stories she tells are absolutely soul crushing. The impact it has on the direct victims is horrific, and the impact it has on the children, even if they aren't physically abused themselves, in terms of moulding their views on relationships and acceptable/unacceptable behaviour is absolutely heart breaking.
You've absolutely nailed it here.
As I said earlier, if the wife was in fact the victim of domestic violence, she isn't an accomplice, she's just another victim.
Last edited by Botman on June 21, 2016, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pigman wrote:
simo wrote:Having a mrs who is a social worker has taught ne a few things about it. It's debilitating for the victim. They fear their partners more than anything, even if theyre locked away. It is far more widespread than we will ever know. Its hard to come to terms with as (hopefully) all of us here are not in such a relationship or had someone close involved in one.
Absolutely
My wife works in child protection. Domestic violence is a huge part of her job and the stories she tells are absolutely soul crushing. The impact it has on the direct victims is horrific, and the impact it has on the children in terms of moulding their views on relationships and acceptable/unacceptable behaviour is absolute heart breaking.
You've absolutely nailed it here.
As I said earlier, if the wife was in fact the victim of domestic violence, she isn't an accomplice, she's just another victim.
Spot on both of you.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Just reading his history, looks like he learnt the behaviour from his mum who had been arrested for beating his dad