UFC - MMA

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Re: UFC - MMA

Post by Green_Hammock »

That main event was terrible match making. Conor needs to defend his title in his own damn weight class. I hope Nate fights Lawler or GSP, those are the biggest fights that can save this card.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I was shocked to learn yesterday that Brock Lesnar will be returning at UFC 200 against Mark Hunt. He is still under contract to WWE so this is just a one off. With the main event of Cormier/Jones 2 this card looks really stacked now.

Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Green_Hammock wrote:I was shocked to learn yesterday that Brock Lesnar will be returning at UFC 200 against Mark Hunt. He is still under contract to WWE so this is just a one off. With the main event of Cormier/Jones 2 this card looks really stacked now.

God I hope Hunt KO's the **** out of Lesner.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I actually like both guys, not fussed who wins but will be interesting to see how Brock takes those punches.

Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

As he said, if he can get Hunt to the ground he has a very good chance. He just has to make sure he doesn't cop one on the way in for the shoot.
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

MMA fighter Kimbo Slice has died in Florida hospital, according to his team

STREET-fighting legend Kimbo Slice has died after being rushed to a Florida hospital, according to his team.
American Top Team — the facility where Slice trained out of in Coconut Creek, Florida, posted a tweet that said the fighter passed away after he was admitted to hospital on Tuesday.
He was 42 years old.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/mma ... 60f0e8798f
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I heard about that.. sad news.

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Jones gone from UFC 200, USADA testing. It's pretty ironic that Brock Lesnar is now the main event fight.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Wow. What a bummer to that awesome card
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

UFC franchise sold for 4 billion US. making the owners 3.8 billion profit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

-TW- wrote:UFC franchise sold for 4 billion US. making the owners 3.8 billion profit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Don't forget the Fertitta's and White have still kept a small % of a $4 billion company. Deal of a life time
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

McGregor's arrogance is a thing of beauty isn't it?

Get my **** second belt in here
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Man that was an awesome card. I had to go to my nephew's 3rd bday so stayed off my phone all day and caught up last night. I really hope they make Mcgregor/Khabib, this will prove to me that he is truly the real deal.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

-TW- wrote:McGregor's arrogance is a thing of beauty isn't it?

Get my **** second belt in here
That was crazy! He just played with him. The dude is a freak!
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Great to see Robert Whittaker get a good win over a highly ranked opponent tonight!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

KingDynamite wrote:Great to see Robert Whittaker get a good win over a highly ranked opponent tonight!
I watched it "live" at the Doylo today.

A couple of brutal head kicks followed by a barrage of punches was too much for the highly fancied Brazilian.

Congrats to Rob.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by KingDynamite »

-PJ- wrote:
KingDynamite wrote:Great to see Robert Whittaker get a good win over a highly ranked opponent tonight!
I watched it "live" at the Doylo today.

A couple of brutal head kicks followed by a barrage of punches was too much for the highly fancied Brazilian.

Congrats to Rob.
He generates so much power from the shoulder. It's fast and other fighters don't recognise it as a power punch then WHAM! It makes for great watching.
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by KingDynamite »

Rob Whittaker with a great performance to win the interim middleweight title in the UFC today.
Fantastic achievement for a man on 26 years of age. I think he matches up very well against current champ Michael Bisping too.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I am a little annoyed at the lack of coverage TBH. This didn't even make most sports bulletins but in the world of professional fighting this was a bigger achievement IMO than Horn getting a dodgy decision over a half arsed Manny Pacquiao.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

cRaAnIbDeErRrSa wrote:If his eye poking is coz of his style and is accidental, Through out a 5 round fight the eye pokes would happen more often then once or twice..

Isn't it a bit coincedence, that he does it once max twice every fight he fights until he gets warned, then miraculously for the rest of a 5 round fight he stops himself from doing it. By that time the damage has been done to the opponent. (Oh yes please tell me that an eye poke has no effect).

If he can stop himself from doing it after a warning, he can stop himself from doing it all fight simple as that.

Until he wins a fight without giving an eye poke I'll respect him as a fighter and not a dirty fighter who does hit and runs.

If he will dominate DC as you say.. Keep in touch, when the fights about to happen message me and bet me, put some money on it to back it up
Forget to get back in touch with you about that bet.

Oh well ;)
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

Anyone else feel that the UFC is heading down a similar path to boxing in regards to the way the division titles are being managed?
It's far from the overly complicated and excessive systems of belts and weight classes boxing has but intrim belts, champions delaying divisions, the GSP and McGregor situations and even the way fighters are starting to negotiate just seems a little like it's getting away from what made it's popularity rise so quickly.
cholztrad
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by cholztrad »

Ginga wrote: August 10, 2017, 1:48 am Anyone else feel that the UFC is heading down a similar path to boxing in regards to the way the division titles are being managed?
It's far from the overly complicated and excessive systems of belts and weight classes boxing has but intrim belts, champions delaying divisions, the GSP and McGregor situations and even the way fighters are starting to negotiate just seems a little like it's getting away from what made it's popularity rise so quickly.
I'll answer your questions 2 years later lol

Yeah for sure, it's always been about what sells over what's fair in the UFC. What sells is title fights and if a champ is injured rather than have a PPV without a title fight they will place a intrem belt on the line.

There's a level of pettiness atm, Coby and Usman seem to be asking for more money as they are both Champ and Intrem Champ and have been using their belts to hold up the division with their demands. UFC said f that and then created a new belt called the "BMF" belt for Diaz and Masvidal to fight over and gave them the Champs PPV spots.

It devalues the real belt I feel, I'm assuming the winner of the BMF Belt will vs the winner of the Champ Vs Intrem fight and that should sort out that mess in the future.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

McGregor beaten again. He either gets fair dinkum with his training or he gives it away or he gets badly hurt. Hungry fighters are showing him that he is no longer feared. He is now a notch on their belt. Give it away Connor and concentrate on your brewing business.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

McGregor beaten again, by snapping his own leg.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Not a big MMA guy but his broken ankle came across the TL. Not great... was he on track to win the fight at the time? or was he getting belted? the TL is very split on this based on 2 minutes of research.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

McGregor got some nice kicks in but Poirier was well on top.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

He was probably losing the round, but he had a few moments. Then he made the mistake of instigating some wrestling vs a far better wrestler and copped punishment for about 2 minutes straight resulting.

Looks like the leg may have fractured but not fully broken during one of those leg kicks when he hit Poirer' knee as he moved to block it- Poirer felt it and gave a little point at the leg. The fight goes on a little and then the leg just collapses when he twists on it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Never heard of this fellow, but lots of people seem excited.