Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Press for truth

Post by Schifty »

I'm stunned Nickman.

If we can't trust people on fb who repost click bait conspiracy articles who can we trust?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

So a former CIA agent and commercial pilot says its impossible yet scientists and architects say it is possible, I know which I'll believe.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Schifty wrote:I'm stunned Nickman.

If we can't trust people on fb who repost click bait conspiracy articles who can we trust?
Flat earthers are still around, don't know who can trust now days :cry:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

There are people who call themselves "truthers". I believe these are people we can trust.
Dont delete this GE
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

ah a flat earth idiot, rapper BoB did some tweets the other day about it which renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson replied to, now BoBs done a song about it. Out of all the conspiracies surely the flat earthers would have to be the most insane.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/j ... MP=soc_567
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Manbush wrote:ah a flat earth idiot, rapper BoB did some tweets the other day about it which renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson replied to, now BoBs done a song about it. Out of all the conspiracies surely the flat earthers would have to be the most insane.

Did you see the "evidence" BoB had put forward? Good grief - he has lost his marbles.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote:ah a flat earth idiot, rapper BoB did some tweets the other day about it which renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson replied to, now BoBs done a song about it. Out of all the conspiracies surely the flat earthers would have to be the most insane.

Oh I don't know, I think you're not giving the Lizard People conspirators enough credit here, Bushy.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Raider 85 wrote:

Did you see the "evidence" BoB had put forward? Good grief - he has lost his marbles.
Hahahaha "I'm doing nothing but weed"... well there's your answer pal.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

All I'm reading is:

"Rapper who is no longer relevant tweets some BS and writes a diss track to science."

Boring.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Flat earth truthers are the best.
The **** BEST
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Press for truth

Post by Sid »

Never heard of this rapper until now, I hope for everyone's sake he's playing a fool to get in the media and sell tunes
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Sid there are many others who believe it as well, I did post the worst link for it but it was just the point where I'd had enough.

Other conspiracies I can stretch my mind to at least understand, the flat earth one is the only one which I just can't comprehend in any way, shape or form
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'd honestly never heard of flat earthers before, the Internet really is making people stupid.

That, and lots and lots of weed.
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

This is the best. It's from The Flat Earth Society, they have a FAQ section where they answer none of the questions.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Proposed flat earth:

Kind... Kinda looks like that map would fit perfectly on a round planet like sphere, right?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BrisbaneRaider wrote:https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

This is the best. It's from The Flat Earth Society, they have a FAQ section where they answer none of the questions.
:lol: :lol: That is absolutely fantastic. How can anybody believe that??
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Honestly, people can't be that dumb or smoke that much weed, can they??
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Pigman wrote:Proposed flat earth:

Kind... Kinda looks like that map would fit perfectly on a round planet like sphere, right?
I see.. So no one has travelled past the ice wall and come back to tell the story of what lies beyond... Interesting.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That really is the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard and there's been some rippers.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Sid wrote:

I see.. So no one has travelled past the ice wall and come back to tell the story of what lies beyond... Interesting.

So those guy who went across Antarctica actually walked around the entire world.

Pretty impressive :!:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How do they explain the vision from space, which shows the earth is a globe?
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

greeneyed wrote:How do they explain the vision from space, which shows the earth is a globe?
They claim it's a hoax
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Schifty wrote:
Sid wrote:

So those guy who went across Antarctica actually walked around the entire world.

Pretty impressive :!:
Hahahaha I think the "ice wall" is the funniest part about their whole theory. Do they realise how **** long it must be??
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

This is literally less believable than the lizard people crackpots
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Oh my. The Stupid, it burns!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ok, so I've just done some back of the envelope calculations on the "ice wall" that surround the earth. It's approximately 20,000km from the north pole to the south, so...

pi x radius squared =

3.14 x 20,000 x 20,000 = 1,256,000,000km long

Yep, you read that right, the ice wall that surround the earth is 1.256 BILLION kilometres long

Seems plausible
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

So when the ice wall melts ocean levels should drop as the water flows off the sides of the earth, will create a lot of real estate for savvy investors.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You obviously haven't read the literature, MB. Nobody knows what's beyond the Ice Wall, except perhaps NASA, who according to some theories have men stationed on the wall to guard it.

That's right, they've got men stationed on the 1.2 BILLION kilometre ice wall that surrounds the earth.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Isnt this just one of the ice age movies?
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: That's right, they've got men stationed on the 1.2 BILLION kilometre ice wall that surrounds the earth.
Flat Earther's gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword for NASA. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the edge of the earth from men. I pledge my life and honor to the Edge's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Pigman wrote:
The Nickman wrote: That's right, they've got men stationed on the 1.2 BILLION kilometre ice wall that surrounds the earth.
Flat Earther's gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword for NASA. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the edge of the earth from men. I pledge my life and honor to the Edge's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
:lol:
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

If only in this day and age we had some sort of technology that could fly over the wall to have a look what's there.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote:If only in this day and age we had some sort of technology that could fly over the wall to have a look what's there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

You would think that the majority of flat earthers are just trolling.
Leeroy Jenkins
Brett Mullins

Post by Leeroy Jenkins »

papabear wrote:You would think that the majority of flat earthers are just trolling.
Has to be, right? Like surely that page is just a massive troll?

I liked the bit about how night and day work. Wouldn't I still be able to see the sun in that theory, or do the also argue the sun is not a sphere (I guess they do).