What's making you want to 'stack on a blue'?

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: What's making you want to 'stack on a blue'?

Post by The Nickman »

I have no idea what you morons are crapping on about, but if I'm approaching a pedestrian crossing and a car stops when they clearly could've continued through without hitting me, I give them a wave of acknowledgement.

I have no idea where these scenarios of both the car and the person stopping to try to figure who goes first comes from that Nicko is rambling about.

Must be a Canberra thing
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

bonehead wrote:Reclaim nutbag bogans and anti reclaim nutbags both holding their rallies on the same day in the town where im from - rent a crowd trouble makers the lot of them
Well said,
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

As a pedestrian I always stop/pause at a crossing before walking.

And I always wave/fist pump/bro punch the driver. It's an acknowledgement that the driver isn't a coke fuelled halfwit and has actually seen me.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

When I moved to Canberra from Brisbane, I was struck by how polite the drivers were to pedestrians. They would stop even if you were just approaching the crossing. In Brisbane cars didn't stop unless you were actually on the crossing, and maybe not then. You often used to have to wait until the street was clear of cars before you walked on the crossing.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Rocky's the same as Canberra, GE. Most people will stop when you're approaching a crossing, even when they don't really need to.

If they stop when they don't need to, I acknowledge them with a wave. But then again, I'm not a total ****
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The Nickman wrote:I have no idea what you morons are crapping on about, but if I'm approaching a pedestrian crossing and a car stops when they clearly could've continued through without hitting me, I give them a wave of acknowledgement.

I have no idea where these scenarios of both the car and the person stopping to try to figure who goes first comes from that Nicko is rambling about.

Must be a Canberra thing
Oh this happens. More so around smaller places I've noticed. They're the worst. You stop for them. They stand there, staring at you. You think that they are being the nice ones and giving way to you so you go. But just as you start going, they start to walk. You stop, they stop. You go, they go.

It's a dangerous tango all because people don't just ******* walk across the pedestrian crossing
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I have no idea what you morons are crapping on about, but if I'm approaching a pedestrian crossing and a car stops when they clearly could've continued through without hitting me, I give them a wave of acknowledgement.

Must be a Canberra thing
Oh this happens. More so around smaller places I've noticed. They're the worst. You stop for them. They stand there, staring at you. You think that they are being the nice ones and giving way to you so you go. But just as you start going, they start to walk. You stop, they stop. You go, they go.

It's a dangerous tango all because people don't just ******* walk across the pedestrian crossing
That has honestly never happened to me, ever. Where the hell do you live??
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I lived in Japan so long that i bow to drivers at pedestrian crossings out of sheet habit.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Haha thats **** awesome TR. Fui give the rta a call and tell em your revoking your own licence you obviously shouldnt be allowed to have one
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Went to walk across a pedestrian crossing this morning. Thought to myself, what would Fui do. So I flipped them the bird. Man she had a mean right hook for an 80 year old.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Dr Zaius wrote:Went to walk across a pedestrian crossing this morning. Thought to myself, what would Fui do. So I flipped them the bird. Man she had a mean right hook for an 80 year old.
Haha I wouldn't flip the bird. It's funny though what I would have done though. CROSSED THE ROAD!

I know if I got collected by someone not stopping at a crossing it's not my fault. Might even get some cash out of it
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Went to walk across a pedestrian crossing this morning. Thought to myself, what would Fui do. So I flipped them the bird. Man she had a mean right hook for an 80 year old.
Haha I wouldn't flip the bird. It's funny though what I would have done though. CROSSED THE ROAD!

I know if I got collected by someone not stopping at a crossing it's not my fault. Might even get some cash out of it
Or your family would

I have similar arguments with my kids , when they tell me they would have been in the right , I always tell them thats good not sure how that helps you if you are dead or seriously injured.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, it's the most ridiculous defence ever. Enjoy your bagfuls of cash when you're never walking again.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Think of the pimped up wheelchair that you could buy with the cash though
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:Yeah, it's the most ridiculous defence ever. Enjoy your bagfuls of cash when you're never walking again.

Like you after many bottles of makers mark?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Rusty Crowe
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Rusty Crowe »

It's never an issue with me. I have a cow catcher on the front of my car and I tell my driver Vern to just run the mofos down
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Yeah, it's the most ridiculous defence ever. Enjoy your bagfuls of cash when you're never walking again.
Like you after many bottles of makers mark?
Hey!! I can still walk after a bottle of Maker's Mark!

I might be a horrible prick and be tempted to peg a bag of cheeseburgers at Zippy's head, but I can still walk!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

You? Horrible?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

This morning, stopped at the lights after just missing the yellow, waited until green and as soon as I started to move BANG. Lady in ginormous 4X4 straight up my backside. Her defence was that I should have moved quicker so she didn't have to brake.
I told her to get a car she was capable of driving, then rent a brain to go with it. She said there is no need to be rude.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahahaha 4WDs are so much more likely to cause an accident, yet people drive them because they want to feel SAFE??

Does not compute
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

"They" feel safe.
Dont delete this GE
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Cranky Old Man wrote:This morning, stopped at the lights after just missing the yellow, waited until green and as soon as I started to move BANG. Lady in ginormous 4X4 straight up my backside. Her defence was that I should have moved quicker so she didn't have to brake.
I told her to get a car she was capable of driving, then rent a brain to go with it. She said there is no need to be rude.
The **** kind of excuse is that?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Does anyone else find it weird when a teenager calls you "Darl"?

Went through Maccas drive through this afternoon, the girl at the counter tells me "That's $20 Darl" I cringed.

My advice - People under the age of 40 should not address anyone as Darl

Nickman's love of NSW
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I think the bigger issue is you spent $20 on maccas
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Lenny Leonard wrote:I think the bigger issue is you spent $20 on maccas
It was for me and Mrs Fui, not all for myself

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pig
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Maccas isnt the cheap meal it used to be.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Doesn't mean he's not a pig
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hang on, wait... are you now apologising for people eating maccas??
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fat bastard
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:Hang on, wait... are you now apologising for people eating maccas??
I really think you need to look up the definition of apologising. You seem to be confused on the matter too many times.

Now this is an apology. Im sorry you are confused on the matter
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Bloody apologists
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Does anyone else find it weird when a teenager calls you "Darl"?

Went through Maccas drive through this afternoon, the girl at the counter tells me "That's $20 Darl" I cringed.

My advice - People under the age of 40 should not address anyone as Darl
It's official - we in this country will whinge about anything and everything. She could have called you ****, ****, ****, ****, **** or even ****, but she called you darl, and you've taken offence?

I mean, really. That's done me.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuiing
Edrick The Entertainer
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Next he'll be complaining about pedestrians thanking him for stopping his car at a crossing.