The Politics Thread 2015

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Schifty »

I'm glad it's the last episode of #qanda tonight.

Some of the tweets (sent at me) tonight want to make we walk into an ocean and live under the sea.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Really, Marko?? Elaborate
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman wrote:Really, Marko?? Elaborate
Someone asked why Muslim countries don't take refugees.. When I mentioned Jordan and Turkey to them..
a muslim country is ciuntry run under sharia turkey and jordan are a democracy ...

So I jokingly reply.. So apparently Indonesia isn't a Muslim country.

their reply

yes it is as many live under sharia law ...im done talking to you
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahahaha absolute ****ing morons

I don't want to live on this planet anymore
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

you guys are funny, you know exactly what that sign means.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Shadow Boxer wrote:you guys are funny, you know exactly what that sign means.
I genuinely don't know what the sign means or even what it is supposed to mean.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Schifty wrote:I'm glad it's the last episode of #qanda tonight.

Some of the tweets (sent at me) tonight want to make we walk into an ocean and live under the sea.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
I know what it's meant to mean but with the spelling involved it complicates the issue, check the spelling SB it's not what it appears at a quick glance.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Manbush wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:
I know what it's meant to mean but with the spelling involved it complicates the issue, check the spelling SB it's not what it appears at a quick glance.

haha, sorry, i was in a hurry and missed that, carry on.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

SB sticking up for Racism Australia again?? A tradition as old...
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

And there it is, it was quite a good discourse after the Paris attacks, reasonable, respectful discussion without any name calling then someone has to ruin it.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

In other news Shorten is Mr 15%
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Lenny Leonard wrote:In other news Shorten is Mr 15%
Making him clearly the preferred leader among his immediate family and circle of close friends.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Shadow Boxer wrote:And there it is, it was quite a good discourse after the Paris attacks, reasonable, respectful discussion without any name calling then someone has to ruin it.
What name calling, where??

Let me guess, you're "out"??
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Yep,
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Not even anything to come after that comma?
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

nope.....
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

:(
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

He'll be back

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Classic SB
Defends the indefensible
Gets called out for it, says he's out

A tradition as old as the GH itself
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pigman wrote:Classic SB
Defends the indefensible
Gets called out for it, says he's out

A tradition as old as the GH itself
Really is straight off Page 1 of the SB manual, isn't it?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

So it seems Turkey might have just shot down a Russian military jet..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 46206.html

This can't end well.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

That looks like old news Schifty
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You reckon Doc?? It seems to be dated today
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Fortunately the good folk at CNN are on the case to bring us some solid reporting..

#BREAKING CNN Turk reporter says 2 helicopters in the air to rescue pilots but there are clashes on the ground

#Conclusive.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:You reckon Doc?? It seems to be dated today
I couldn't open that link, but a google search found a very similar story from last month
Schifty
Laurie Daley

The Politics Thread

Post by Schifty »

A Russian jet has been shot down after reportedly violating Turkish airspace near the Syrian border.

The pilot was reportedly warned 10 times in five minutes they were violating Turkey's airspace before the jet was shot down.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stor ... y-jet.html
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Was nice knowing you Turkey
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Someone suggesting that as Turkey is part of NATO, other members of NATO may be drawn into any conflict
Schifty
Laurie Daley

The Politics Thread

Post by Schifty »

UPDATE The decision to shoot down Russian jet was taken "directly" by the Turkish Prime Minister.

UPDATE Two pilots ejected from downed plane, one captured by Syria rebels: Turkish reports.

UPDATE Russian Defense Ministry says it can prove the aircraft was over Syria for whole flight

http://www.airlive.net/2015/11/alert-un ... ashes.html

oh ****.....
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It happened a couple of hours ago.

The old news was the Turks THREATENING to shoot down Russian planes.

This could be quite awkward. NATO splashing Russian jets. Ouch.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

This was an unfortunate incident in a World Peace sense, but it's been very positive overall for Schifty's FB page.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:This was an unfortunate incident in a World Peace sense, but it's been very positive overall for Schifty's FB page.
Well it sure beats my twitter last night.

Actually I should find that person and ask for her thoughts on this.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I sincerely doubt that she has those in general.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:I sincerely doubt that she has those in general.
Completely false, I went over to her feed to have a look and found this.

#QandA china and india wat is there commitment