Walking Dead - Season 6 (spoilers)

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Walking Dead - Season 6 (spoilers)

Post by -GD- »

Let's talk about it here rather than worry about spoiling it in the Television Thread
-GD-
Don Furner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 6 (spoilers)

Post by -GD- »

So Glen,

Dead or not.

Im leaning towards no based on what people are posting.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-GD- wrote:Let's talk about it here rather than worry about spoiling it in the Television Thread
Where were you when every **** spoiled the Game of Thrones books for me??
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Im 50/50 on Glenn being dead as the photos could just be a decoy as they've done previously but a couple of other things have me believing he might be alive, his death was too simple and not iconic like in the comics (I made a mistake in other thread, he gets killed by Negan boss of the Saviors in the comic a group who tries to stand over Alexandria), and all the other major deaths there have been witnessed, wasn't really a death befitting of a major character.

I've heard rumours Jesus saves Glenn, considering how many zombies are around him it would be a great way to immediately show how much of a bad ass Jesus is.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

He's dead. He died in the comics so I'm saying yes
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

BTW this season is bloody good so far. Lots of action and I love the return of Morgan.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Morgan's starting to annoy me, he needs to wake up to the fact sometimes you have to kill otherwise it'll come back to haunt you.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Yeah Morgan has been painful so far. Hopefully the backstory ep this week makes him more likeable
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

His failure to kill the wolves who attacked him last series cost lives at Alexandria in episode 2, his failure to kill em in that episode almost got Rick killed. If he wakes up to himself with his skills they'll have an epic team, Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Abraham, the new black guy, Jesus soon and Sasha as the sniper.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Who is Jesus? Are we talking Dubbys mate?

Best season for a long long time
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

A gay guy who kicks awesome zombie butt, a fan favorite of the comics. Not confirmed the photos are him but the yet unknown character looks identical to the comic version.

Two photos with Glenn.

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-dead ... ves-negan/
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The Nickman wrote:
-GD- wrote:Let's talk about it here rather than worry about spoiling it in the Television Thread
Where were you when every **** spoiled the Game of Thrones books for me??
Or me with Breaking Bad?! This site needs a spoiler button
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Quite happy for a new thread for whatever show you guys want to talk about.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

It was me who upset Fui with the breaking bad spoiler.

The only issue I see even with spoiler threads is that you see the last post made in each thread in tapatalk anyway
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I'm over Breaking Bad, just like stirring you RRA

My 2 cents, I think/hope Glen is alive. Im thinking that episode was in a way, a throw back to S01E01. Things like the dumbass comment (He's only said that once)
Nicholas shooting the gun and disorientating Glenn (Vs Rick shooting the zombie in the tank, getting disorientated)
Glenn being under Nicholas (Rick being under the tank)

That being said, I'm hoping they continue the throwback and make reference to the Ep where Glen and Rick smothered themselves in blood, and the walkers won't notice Glenn being covered in Nicholas.

Plus for me, the show is basically about Rick and Glenn. Everyone else are support act.

Morgan - I thought he would be cool, but I'm over him. That said, I think Rick needs him at the moment
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

I know , its all good

I'll just never will forgive myself
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Glen dies in the comic...rather gruesomely. Having said that, the comics are very different anyway. Glen is a MASSIVE fan favourite, and I was left feeling hollow when he was lying on the ground with what looked like his guts being ripped out.

The one character who annoys me a bit is Gabriel. Just a weenie you hope will grow strong. If Jesus (not the Lord :cool:) arrives he will be epic. He plays a huge part in the comic books. The dread locked black guy (I can say that here, GE and GEM wont read this thread) I think dies in the comic?

Anyway, great season so far. :thumbsup

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Foxtel ‏@Foxtel 18m18 minutes ago
Confirmed: #TheWalkingDead will return next year with Season 7: http://foxtel.ly/1RDVmk1
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Episode 4 of season 6 sucked... An entire hour on Morgan's back story. I'd prefer if they told his back story spread out through a number of episodes, that way they can actually progress the storyline as well as showing us the character development.

Walking dead seasons (or half seasons) are starting to follow a similar pattern... Episodes 1-3 are great to lure all the people back and get people interested.... Episodes 4-6 suck, with the producers filling these episodes with boring character development in order to extend the series... And then episodes 7-8 are good again to leave the season on a cliff hanger and make people come back for the next series
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

the bone wrote:Episode 4 of season 6 sucked... An entire hour on Morgan's back story. I'd prefer if they told his back story spread out through a number of episodes, that way they can actually progress the storyline as well as showing us the character development.

Walking dead seasons (or half seasons) are starting to follow a similar pattern... Episodes 1-3 are great to lure all the people back and get people interested.... Episodes 4-6 suck, with the producers filling these episodes with boring character development in order to extend the series... And then episodes 7-8 are good again to leave the season on a cliff hanger and make people come back for the next series
I thought it was a really good episode
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

I thought it was a good Ep, just felt out of place though after last weeks Ep.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Another episode down and no confirmation either way about Glenn :lol:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Ok, so I can't stand the old hag, what's her name.... Deana? Don't know why, she just offers nothing.
Spencer is the next to die. He's just lost the plot and will do something stupid. Or suddenly turn it around when his hag mum dies.

Ron is also untrustworthy imo. He'll end up either bitten or causing someone to get hurt.

-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Teaching Ron to shoot was a bad mistake Rick
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

The whole lot of em are useless except the gay fella. Rick and co should just rule with an iron fist.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nah rick's new love interest has potential.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So, any chance that was Glenn asking for help on the radio?
Personally I think it's the guy who took Darrell's bike.

Nickman's love of NSW
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Yeah i thought it was the guy who took Daryls bike as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

I've smashed through the 1st 3 seasons over the last week. Just started season 4 , so Im not reading whats in here , although I dont think it would spoil it for me.

I'm really enjoying it , I wouldn't want to be an actor in the show , Your character could be killed off at any time.

I want the Governor dead , I haven't seen his body yet , so Im guessing he isnt .
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Oh, I did that before this season started, RRA. I'm a big fan now, it's a great series.

I actually thought the start of season 4 was the worst of the series. Enjoy!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So, any chance that was Glenn asking for help on the radio?
I must have missed that. Where did that happen?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Last line of the show

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Mmm. So it was. Doesn't sound like Glenn
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Has to be motorcycle dude. Otherwise how does Daryl get his cross bow back?

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So, any chance that was Glenn asking for help on the radio?
Chick at works swears it was Glenn's voice, guess find out tonight.