Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Terrorist attacks

Post by Schifty »

More attacks in Paris :doubt:

26 Killed and hostages at a concert hall.

Explosions were heard in the football stadium during the France vs Germany yet they still played out the match.. ****.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Latest terrorist threat to Australia

Post by Schifty »

Full time looks like everyone has been told to stay in the stadium in Paris for their own safety.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Terrorist attacks in Paris

Post by greeneyed »

40 dead, 60 injured. How terrible. At Stade de France, a concert hall, with 40-100 hostages at the concert hall.

Stade de France now evacuated.

Borders of France closed.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Two suicide attacks and one bombing... Explosion at gate of Stade de France. What a sad world.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Very sad, my heart breaks for these people.

Time to get serious with these ****
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

France have locked their borders
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Shadow Boxer wrote:Very sad, my heart breaks for these people.

SB, we've tried bombing them back into the stone age. How are you going to get serious now?

What an insane, insane world :(

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

T_R wrote:

SB, we've tried bombing them back into the stone age. How are you going to get serious now?

Not now mate, talk to you when it's over.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Shadow Boxer wrote:
T_R wrote:

Well, that won't be in either of our lifetimes.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Stefan de Vries ‏@stefandevries
BREAKING PARIS: ASSAULT ON BATACLAN HAS ENDED; TWO TERRORISTS KILLED BY POLICE FORCES
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Stefan de Vries ‏@stefandevries
BREAKING PARIS: ASSAULT ON BATACLAN HAS ENDED; TWO TERRORISTS KILLED BY POLICE FORCES
Apparently explosives were being thrown, so they went in.

Police are saying it's 'carnage'

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

One terrorist reportedly arrested at the Bataclan Theatre, two killed, seige ended.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:One terrorist reportedly arrested at the Bataclan Theatre, two killed, seige ended.
They arrested one??? I haven't heard that.

Wow, he's in for a bad day.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

100 people killed at the Bataclan Theatre.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Just horrible. All of it
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Now saying 140 in the Baaclan, 40-odd elsewhere. Of course, no one has a bloody clue at this point.

What a mess :(

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

My god, what an absolute tragedy. I'd hate to be an everyday Muslim right now. They are going to cop so much unwarranted backlash now, it's going to be just awful.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Had it been confirmed that this was even in the name of islam?
Dont delete this GE
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

They captured one alive TR, or so I've heard.

Let's hope he cops unimaginable pain, **** ****.
The Nickman wrote:My god, what an absolute tragedy. I'd hate to be an everyday Muslim right now. They are going to cop so much unwarranted backlash now, it's going to be just awful.
Yep, noticed it started on social media. All tarnished with the same brush.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

DJ89 wrote:They captured one alive TR, or so I've heard.

Let's hope he cops unimaginable pain, **** piece of ****.
The Nickman wrote:My god, what an absolute tragedy. I'd hate to be an everyday Muslim right now. They are going to cop so much unwarranted backlash now, it's going to be just awful.
Ugh, I'm afraid to go near my Facebook feed, Deej.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

happens with all religions. Priests are all kiddy fiddlers and jews control all the worlds money. Religion as a whole is a massive problem
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

There is a report that the terrorists in the Bataclan were taking people out one by one and shooting them. Police would have had no choice but to go in.

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

simo wrote:Had it been confirmed that this was even in the name of islam?
Yep...numerous witness accounts of 2 of the gunmen shouting out that it was for Allah and Syria
Last edited by Raiders666 on November 14, 2015, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:

You FB feed is one of the my life's guilty pleasures.

DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

You FB feed is one of the my life's guilty pleasures.
What do you mean?

Reply to all the uneducated comments?

I can't bring myself to do it. There are way to many idiots to deal with, it's astounding.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

People see this as justification for their irrational hatred of Muslims. It's almost like they're getting a kick out of this. So sad
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Shadow Boxer wrote:
T_R wrote:

Oh boy, I am subscribed to this discussion when it eventually takes place!

I'm interested in hearing how SB proposes we "get serious with these ****", also how we're apparently guilty of not being serious with "these ****" up to this point.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Reports that three terrorists killed at the theatre. Reports they were taking people and shooting them one by one before the theatre was stormed.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Why would they close the borders to France? Genuine question, I don't understand the purpose
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

To stop terrorists escaping. As they did in at least one previous attack.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It's normally to stop people getting away. Belgium has followed suit.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's being reported IS has claimed responsibility
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote:To stop terrorists escaping. As they did in at least one previous attack.
That's correct. The last one made it back to Syria
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I guess there are at least two guys with guns out there, if reports of the attack on those restaurants were correct.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just seeing the vision now of them ending the siege. The French authorities really don't muck around.