Broncos knew they had secured a star in Anthony Milford

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Brisbane Broncos knew they had secured a star in Anthony Milford

Unless he's been standing in the sun for too long, Wayne Bennett is the last man to seek out if you are chasing a string of superlatives about one of his young players. But in Anthony Milford, he knew he'd latched onto a star.

So did everyone in the football department at the Brisbane Broncos. So did the chairman and chief executive. So did the fans, both those in his new home and the ones he left behind in Canberra, wiping away tears with a lime green scarf as another one hit the road.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/bris ... z3lPYRDUa9
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: Broncos knew they had secured a star in Anthony Milford

Post by Toviii »

I'll tell Phil Lutton where he can shove his lime green scarf.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Organised Chaos »

I for one am glad he left. He was and still is a liability in defence and has not met the lofty expectations since joined the Broncos. If they had not been winning the kid would of had a big target on his back and if they don't win games next season I can't wait to see how quickly the Donkey fans turn.

The disrespect shown to our club by the media during this saga is borderline appalling btw.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Milford and the Broncos can **** right off
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The $450k for Milford on the salary cap (but that again in 3rd party payments) should be reported and investigated.

But all media not interested in assisting Canberra and getting the Broncos off side.

And as for the courier Mail.......
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

It was they found the rest at Andrew Gee's house but he doesn't know where it came from so he resigned.

Seems legit
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Anthony Milford was a star, according to the Brisbane footballs ops huh?
What an astute talent evaluation that is, they are savants up there in Brisbane, aren't they?

In other breaking news water is wet
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance

Makes you wonder why they didn't consider him a star as a junior and took Nikorima instead.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I've heard the Broncos have unearthed another little known prospect who they think can be a star one day, some dude named Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Keep an eye out for that kid
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm ....so......damn......bitter.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

T_R wrote:I'm ....so......damn......bitter.
It's bad enough we have to hear the commentators on Nine gush over him every Friday without RRA having to put this up and torture us more.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Lost a Mildford, gained an Austin. I'll take it.
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance

Leebola wrote:Lost a Mildford, gained an Austin. I'll take it.
And Aiden... Yep I'll take them over the little pre-madonna who sputters like porky pig when a microphone is put in front of him
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PHIL LUTTON 4:17 pm Brisbane never had any doubt their investment in Anthony Milford would pay off handsomely.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport#ixzz3lQ2UzSXd

WHAT investment? It's a joke!

"Return to Red Hill". When was he ever at Red Hill?!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Brisbane Broncos knew they had secured a star in Anthony Milford
Aw der!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote:PHIL LUTTON 4:17 pm Brisbane never had any doubt their investment in Anthony Milford would pay off handsomely.

Raiders investment
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

NRL forum :arrow:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote:Milford and the Broncos can **** right off
Steady on Doc. Is that really necessary.

...hang on, don't answer that. I worked it out for myself. Please carry on.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Angy90
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papalii

Post by Angy90 »

meh
Austin>Milford at 5/8
Wighton>Milford at fb
Who cares anymore no need getting stirred up about it
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I'm not bitter, I don't miss him. Austin is much more exciting and has been a better player for us than Milford has for the Broncos.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

greeneyed wrote:PHIL LUTTON 4:17 pm Brisbane never had any doubt their investment in Anthony Milford would pay off handsomely.

By investment I gather they are talking the real estate kind.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Couldn't care less. No other player shat me to tears as much as Milford when he was here.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Be great when we win the comp and Milford is sitting in his home in inala looking up the word "integrity "
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance

"Integrity" - real eyes recognise real lies, right? Yeah?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nice house = integrity
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance

Aha real nice house = no lies here?
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance

I'll see myself out
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:Be great when we win the comp and Milford is sitting in his home in inala looking up the word "integrity "
He'll probably look over at his own three premiership rings at that point in time and think "oh, good for them."
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
dubby wrote:Be great when we win the comp and Milford is sitting in his home in inala looking up the word "integrity "
He'll probably look over at his own three premiership rings at that point in time and think "oh, good for them."
It's funny cause its true. Wait a second, no its not funny.

People saying their glad he has gone, we've got Austin, really? I'd kill to have him still. Austin has proven to be a terrific runner of the ball, but that's all he has offered so far. We know Milf can do that but it hasn't been his biggest contribution this year. His ball playing has really come along and his ability to set up his outside men has been brilliant for the Broncos. He has a much higher ceiling than Austin imho. We've lost so much talent in the last 5 years it's depressing.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Milford looks good in a good team, when the Broncos rested hunt and the storm put targeting him in their game plan he fell to pieces.

I'm not sure he would have worked out for us.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Brisbane Broncos knew they had secured a star in Anthony Milford

Unless he's been standing in the sun for too long, Wayne Bennett is the last man to seek out if you are chasing a string of superlatives about one of his young players. But in Anthony Milford, he knew he'd latched onto a star.

So did everyone in the football department at the Brisbane Broncos. So did the chairman and chief executive. So did the fans, both those in his new home and the ones he left behind in Canberra, wiping away tears with a lime green scarf as another one hit the road.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/bris ... z3lPYRDUa9
Oh...excuse me while I vomit violently....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

People saying their glad he has gone, we've got Austin, really? I'd kill to have him still. Austin has proven to be a terrific runner of the ball, but that's all he has offered so far. We know Milf can do that but it hasn't been his biggest contribution this year. His ball playing has really come along and his ability to set up his outside men has been brilliant for the Broncos. He has a much higher ceiling than Austin imho. We've lost so much talent in the last 5 years it's depressing.
Can't just compare Austin against Milford though due to the dollars both would've tied up, Milf would've cost double Austin so id say we're ahead, Austin and Sezer combined > Milford with no dollars spare.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Manbush wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

Can't just compare Austin against Milford though due to the dollars both would've tied up, Milf would've cost double Austin so id say we're ahead, Austin and Sezer combined > Milford with no dollars spare.
Yeah it comes down to who we would have got more out of, Williams/Cornish with Milford or Sezer with Austin. I'd kind of rather Sezer Austin, but Milf will be around in two teams for a very long time.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:
You mean the three premierships won with a team cheating the cap?

Yeah. Integrity.

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

the only thing that **** me is that they get him under the cap for 450 whilst another 450 is hidden away TPP.

it is friggin disgusting.