Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Re: The public service thread

Post by Professor »

The Nickman wrote:Ouch, RB. Harsh, man.
I love RB's sprays in the Current Affairs thread - there's not many of them, but when he fires, he doesn't miss.

Quality over quantity award - he be gettin' my vote for this next year.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Dr Zaius wrote:The present was a little mean, but he is a bit over sensitive isn't he?
100% agree. It's a pretty **** thing to do to a work colleague (pardon the pun), but he needs to be a bit more stoic if he wants to survive a professional work environment.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

I don't think it is harsh... I think he's a bit sensitive.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

If that came from one of his managers it's pretty appalling leadership if you ask me. It obviously says a lot about the culture of the workplace to be honest.

If the guy wasn't capable of doing his job then surely a grown adult can manage that situation appropriately, rather than by taking a cheap shot at him through a childish Christmas present.
Botman
Mal Meninga

The public service thread

Post by Botman »

Cheap shots via Kris Kringle seems as good a way as any to tell a guy he isn't any good as his job

But maybe I just need a refresher on my RED training
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Seiffert82 wrote:If that came from one of his managers it's pretty appalling leadership if you ask me. It obviously says a lot about the culture of the workplace to be honest.

If the guy wasn't capable of doing his job then surely a grown adult can manage that situation appropriately, rather than by taking a cheap shot at him through a childish Christmas present.
Have you worked in the public service for ten years plus?
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Shezza wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:If that came from one of his managers it's pretty appalling leadership if you ask me. It obviously says a lot about the culture of the workplace to be honest.

Have you worked in the public service for ten years plus?
Can't see how that is relevant to whether or not some other manager is doing their job.

For all I know the bloke complaining was completely **** at his job, but this is a pretty unprofessional an immature way of handling the situation IMO.

Each to their own I guess.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Oh.

Is that what my KK meant by the cardboard box?

I made a hat.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

tbh I don't see anyone at my firm getting something like that for someone you would just be considered unnecessarily cruel....
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Post by IronRaiden »

Public Service Joke:

Redneck: You public servants do nothing but stand around all day looking out of windows.
Public Servant: Yeah but we get paid an enormous amount of money to do it.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Comedy is not your strong point.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

IronRaiden wrote:Public Service Joke:

Redneck: You public servants do nothing but stand around all day looking out of windows.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

:lol:
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

It's not funny because it's true.
2014 Golden Boogs Award Winner
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's not funny regardless..
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Even jokes shrouded in truth are still, y'know, supposed to be funny
There is literally no punch line in that

The funniest part is Bileduct latching on to it with his continued troll-athon
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Classic classic joke. Well in. Don't worry pal, was always going to go down like a lead balloon in this town.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I thought that it was funny. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but funny nonetheless. But then, I'm not a public servant.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote:I thought that it was funny. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but funny nonetheless. But then, I'm not a public servant.
You don't work in the public system?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Minimally.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Public servant

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Public Servant: Now, you wanted to change your Centrelink payment to the Westpac account was it?
Fixed.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

Winner!
2014 Golden Boogs Award Winner
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:Public servant
Hahaha. The only thing public servant like about what I do is having to put up with bull**** from ****head bureaucratic administrators. I'd love the Xmas/NY annual leave shut down, but for some reason the community insist that their hospitals stay open. Demanding ****holes.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Hahaha. The only thing public servant like about what I do is having to put up with bull**** from ****head bureaucratic administrators. I'd love the Xmas/NY annual leave shut down, but for some reason the community insist that their hospitals stay open. Demanding ****holes.
Selfish bastards!

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-GD- wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GD, you don't post around these parts enough these days.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
Selfish bastards!
I know, right?!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Gerg wrote:

Public Servant: sorry sir, the complaints window is the next one along.
Fixed.
Just thought of a better one.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

Q. What is it when you have 1000 public servants buried up to their necks in sand?
A. Not enough sand.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

IronRaiden wrote:Q. What is it when you have 1000 public servants buried up to their necks in sand?
A. Not enough sand.
We're recycling NAZI era German anti-Jewish jokes now?

Wow.

IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

Nazi era jokes are like jokes about elevators, they work on so many levels.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Is this the part where you talk about Schindlers Lifts?
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Could you imagine Lucy and IronRaiden together at the same party?? The levels of punish would be through the roof!
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

You could only imagine. The little lady would probably not let you attend.