The Politics Thread 2014

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:I just have no idea how the Left expects us all to live in this Utopian society where the Government pays for everything.
You don't understand finance. You need to listen to GEM more. I guess we all do.

Economic value = What you take out.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what you contribute.

Geez, pay attention.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I do need to listen to GeM a lot more, I know that, only :doubt: throws me off.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm going to hire him as an accountant.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

He won't work for your filthy capitalist pig money.
Last edited by The Nickman on December 11, 2014, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

There's always a catch

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I had to edit my post, I meant to say "He", not "We".

I would have no problem working for your filthy capitalist pig money.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Do you have any positions available for whatever the hell it is I do??
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

No.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

How are you with tissues?

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm like a blackbelt.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Although if it's someone good with tissues you're after, you might want to ask Manbush first.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

I'd want an expert to inspect the quality of tissues first, guessing they're just dodgy street corner quality not even 80% pure.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:[l
.We're fat, lazy, overpaid and self-entitled, myself included.
Speak for yourself, I may be fat and lazy but not over paid or self-entitled.
If you get more than $15 bucks an hour, you're over paid
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

:lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

No one got my Simpsons reference. Dark days in the GH.

At least during Furners reign no Simpson reference went unnoticed.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manbush wrote::lol:
He thinks that you're joking Nick. Ain't he cute.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

:lol:

Nah I'd expect him to be 100% serious, just Nick being Nick and jumping to assumptions without having a clue
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

What have i assumed incorrectly here, Hanbush?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Well to determines ones job value surely you actually require some details, like workload, responsibilities, turnover, money someone brings into the company and how hard they work.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Actually, Australia is the only country in the world where one's 'job value' is set by two groups of people, completely unrelated to either the employee or employer, with no understanding whatsoever of the specific circumstances of either nor those of the job itself yet who have the absolute legal authority to determine pay and all other aspects of the employment relationship.

Seems logical.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Manbush wrote:Well to determines ones job value surely you actually require some details, like workload, responsibilities, turnover, money someone brings into the company and how hard they work.
Na, i think I'm on pretty solid ground on this one without knowing those facts. Unless you've completed some form of tertiary education that i'm unaware of.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

You are an idiot :lol:

For the record yes I have, but even without how does that determine if someone's over or underpaid, surely there are more important factors in play for real life rather than superficial. Ive known pricks who've worked their rings off for bugger all money who didn't have any further education, see them work and they are extremely underpaid for what they do yet other who have the eduction and bludge on a high wage.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

What is your tertiary education, MB?
Genuinely interested.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Done a few cert 4s over the years, one of those pricks that coasted through school with no idea what I wanted to do (changed monthly) so never went to uni since would've been a waste of time and money since I had no clue on what to do. Different times then than now, if I had known society would evolve to where a piece of paper even if irrelevant to the job would increase value I would've just picked one out of a hat.

My current job I'm qualified for and get paid more than those without the qualifications despite doing the exact same job, working just as hard which to be honest I think stinks, the piece of paper makes me no better at my job then they are, no more valuable. (Probably cause 85% of the 2 year course was irrelevant to the actual job, 5% was incorrect and the remaining 10% was already learnt on the job).
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sounds like he has a few Associate Diplomas in Arts.

Although no form of education can quite prepare you for the real world like a few anecdotes from some whacky mates and good ol' Google.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:Sounds like he has a few Associate Diplomas in Arts.

Although no form of education can quite prepare you for the real world like a few anecdotes from some whacky mates and good ol' Google.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Manbush wrote:Done a few cert 4s over the years
Such as...
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Management, retail, optical dispensing, one other I can't remember for the life of me.

Uni courses I considered back in the day were all over the shop, law, nursing and art were the main 3 though.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Cert 4 in Early Childhood Studies would be my first guess.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:Cert 4 in Early Childhood Studies would be my first guess.
All jokes aside that was something I also considered along with primary school teacher, I love kids (not in that way smart asses) and get on great with em, I remember the differences between the good and bad ones I had and the impact they can have on development.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:
All jokes aside that was something I also considered along with primary school teacher, I love kids (not in that way smart asses) and get on great with em, I remember the differences between the good and bad ones I had and the impact they can have on development.
I hope this is a joke

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: Hanbush as a primary school teacher!
You couldn't make this **** up!
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Actually it isn't TR, I get on great with kids (probably to do with being a big kid myself). I'm probably one of the safest people you could leave someone vulnerable with, I'd die for those in my care before I'd let anything happen to them.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:Actually it isn't TR, I get on great with kids (probably to do with being a big kid myself). I'm probably one of the safest people you could leave someone vulnerable with, I'd die for those in my care before I'd let anything happen to them.
I like you, Manbush. You seem like a decent guy.

If you came within 30 meters of my children, I'd have you killed.

Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha get ****