From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Topless Basketball League a booby prize for NBA fans

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

FIRST there was lingerie football, a popular sport in the US we hear with women sporting both bruises and blush in equal measure.

Now there's the prospect of topless basketball.

With the sport in crisis in the US and fans deprived of matches thanks to the NBA lockout, a group of nightclub owners appear to have have taken things into their own hands.

This morning it was revealed they want to form a basketball league of topless dancers to attract attention to the sport while the NBA saga drags on after nearly five months of crisis.

Rick's Cabaret group's league, consisting of dancers from their 23 clubs, has reportedly said a former NBA star will be announced next week as coach of the New York team, which will unveil its uniforms - we're suspecting some of the most minute ever seen on a court -next week as well.

The team is evidently to to play dancers from a Minneapolis club and another from Miami with a full schedule of these game to apparently to be announced in January.

"People will be amazed when we tell them who our coach is, because he was one of the great players in the NBA," Gianna, no last name, a player for the New York team has reportedly said.

"The girls are really excited. We're practically busting out of our tops. We plan to give him a really warm welcome on Tuesday."

"I hear he's going to have us do a workout on Tuesday in front of the press," said Sky, the point guard for the team.

"I can't wait to show off some of my moves."

There is no word on whether any Australians will be following in the footsteps of Aussie lingerie league star Chloe Butler and strutting their stuff in the new league.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6204318605
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Enter Albi...
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
beetlejuice
David Furner
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Topless Basketball League a booby prize for NBA fans

Post by beetlejuice »

ill buy that for a dollar :clap:
Love the Raiders, Hate The NRL.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

He'll love this one :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

Worm wrote:Enter Albi...
Of course no one could possibly argue that this is anything other than degrading, not only for the women involved, but for the slobs cheering on the sidelines.. But I'm sure plenty will try.

Here's a preview:

Manbush: I once knew a girl who played topless basketball and she loved it.

Nick: *indecipherable semi-literate drivel*

:). Meant in good nature.
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

:lol: Ive never known anyone who has played it topless, though I've posted the link on Facebook will be interested to see if any female friends "like" it, just curious how they'll avoid black eyes
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Albi wrote:Of course no one could possibly argue that this is anything other than degrading, not only for the women involved, but for the slobs cheering on the sidelines.. But I'm sure plenty will try.
I agree. I find the prospect of semi-naked women strutting around for the viewing pleasure of men deeply offensive. You would never catch me involved with anything like that.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

:lol:
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

Northern Raider wrote:
Albi wrote:Of course no one could possibly argue that this is anything other than degrading, not only for the women involved, but for the slobs cheering on the sidelines.. But I'm sure plenty will try.
I agree. I find the prospect of semi-naked women strutting around for the viewing pleasure of men deeply offensive. You would never catch me involved with anything like that.
:lol: :lol:

Avatar change in the air then, Northern? :)
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I must say I didn't mind the concept of LFL but this is just pathetic. They are dancers not athletes.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

So instead of working a pole or some buck's lap, they are going to play some basketball?
Meh, what ever floats your boat i guess

not my cuppa tea but then again strippers arent either so good luck the girls, the punters and the club owners, im sure 1of those three will make a **** load of money out it
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Gerg wrote:I must say I didn't mind the concept of LFL but this is just pathetic. They are dancers not athletes.
That part could be debatable IMO, I'll watch 1 game out of curiousity as I did LFL, good for a laugh but that's about it
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

How did I miss this?
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Why hasn't Albi posted here in a hundred years? Did I say something to offend him?
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I miss Albi.

I imagine that topless basketball would be uncomfortable for women.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

I miss fergo2012. What happened to him?
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Dr Zaius wrote:I miss Albi.

I imagine that topless basketball would be uncomfortable for women.
I imagine it would be an uncomfortable make spectator sport also.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

chris83 wrote:I miss fergo2012. What happened to him?
He still posts here. He just has a different name these days.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"