Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Walking Dead Season 5 *Spoilers*

Post by -GD- »

Its back today, great episode.

Surprised they blew threw Terminus so quick but it worked.

Make sure you watch after the end credits!!!!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Walking Dead Season 5 *Spoilers*

Post by Dr Zaius »

Twas excellent
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

Terminus isn't over. I'm sure the back story will drag on until at least the mid season break and will conclude with the inevitable showdown between whatshisface and Terminus bad dude.

The back story is a neat way of concentrating on some new characters for a while, which this show desperately needs after the meandering nonsense of non-character development this show has been plagued with since they left Hershel's farm.
2014 Golden Boogs Award Winner
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Yeah I really enjoyed the 'Then' 'Now' and I hope they continue it. I love some of the back stories that they go into except the Govenor one in the middle part of S4, I thought that dragged a little.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

How freakin terrifying would it have been hog tied leaning over that troff waiting to have your throat cut!??! And surely carl will have to die soon, he just s#@! $ me now .
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Awesome episode, also heard they are doing a spin off show concentrating on other places in the world.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Anyone seen this week's episode yet. I like where this is heading. I'm off for some KFC.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Dr Zaius wrote:Anyone seen this week's episode yet. I like where this is heading. I'm off for some KFC.
The BobBQ looked very tasty
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

If the next episode follows the comic expect it to get very full on.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Nope they tamed it down a fair bit, still a good episode though.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

How does tainted meat taste?
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

bileduct wrote:Terminus isn't over. I'm sure the back story will drag on until at least the mid season break and will conclude with the inevitable showdown between whatshisface and Terminus bad dude.

The back story is a neat way of concentrating on some new characters for a while, which this show desperately needs after the meandering nonsense of non-character development this show has been plagued with since they left Hershel's farm.
Well this turned out to be completely wrong.

I'm surprised at how quickly they wrapped it all up.

That scene where they went to get the canned goods and ended up fighting the zombies in the water is one of the stupidest things I have seen on this show. Surely they could have come up with a better way of having Bob get bitten than that. It was right up there with Andrea gas-bagging while Milton is dying instead of trying to break free.
2014 Golden Boogs Award Winner
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Coming from someone who hasn't read the comic books...

The opening 3 episodes to this season have been sensational. I think the season may slow down a bit from here, for example with the beth storyline we saw in the preview of next week's episode
86 invader
David Grant

Post by 86 invader »

I have to admit I was disappointed that they killed Gareth and Aaron (I think that was his name) so quickly... I thought they could've got a lot of miles out of those two...

Having said that, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season... By all accounts there is going to be quite a body count this series...
86 invader
David Grant

Post by 86 invader »

chris83 wrote:How freakin terrifying would it have been hog tied leaning over that troff waiting to have your throat cut!??! And surely carl will have to die soon, he just s#@! $ me now .
Haha I think to be honest Rick and Carl need to be in this show for as long as possible... Otherwise it sort of becomes an entirely different show... I do see your point though...
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

86 invader wrote:I have to admit I was disappointed that they killed Gareth and Aaron (I think that was his name) so quickly... I thought they could've got a lot of miles out of those two...

Having said that, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season... By all accounts there is going to be quite a body count this series...
I was surprised they killed gareth off so quick, but at the same time I was quite happy. I couldn't be bothered to follow another governor-type villian for a whole season again.

Can't wait to watch the 4th episode tonight
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Weird **** episode
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Yeah was kind of a set up episode and not a very good one.

Beth isnt a strong enough character to carry an episode.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Was kind of thinking that, strange character to dedicate and episode to. Weird place though.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Very weird Ep. Looking forward to seeing a pissed off darryl tear the place up though. Also crossing fingers for Carl to die. I hate that kid
Dont delete this GE
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

today's episode was going along slowly, but the revelation at the end was pretty interesting. The flashback at the end was also good to see how Eugene and abraham met
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Another flat episode until the final five minutes.

The story developments were intriguing and next weeks ep looks bad ass
86 invader
David Grant

Post by 86 invader »

the bone wrote:today's episode was going along slowly, but the revelation at the end was pretty interesting. The flashback at the end was also good to see how Eugene and abraham met
I have no idea why but I found Eugene running away from the walkers in the flashback absolutely hilarious... I'm laughing just thinking about it now...
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

86 invader wrote:
the bone wrote:today's episode was going along slowly, but the revelation at the end was pretty interesting. The flashback at the end was also good to see how Eugene and abraham met
I have no idea why but I found Eugene running away from the walkers in the flashback absolutely hilarious... I'm laughing just thinking about it now...
That episode had a few funny moments. The "dolphin smooth" quote was hilarious, and Eugene watching those two have sex (and then being caught) was so funny
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Who else thinks Beth will die?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I haven't really considered it. She is such a Meh character. Live, die, whatever.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:Who else thinks Beth will die?
BOOM! Called it. next season there will be more to that feud surely.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Nah we'll probably never see the hospital again. From what the show runner was saying on Talking Dead, they might finally be leaving Atlanta. The next location is a comic book location
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Who else is hoping that they kill off Gabriel? That guy **** me to tears.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:Nah we'll probably never see the hospital again. From what the show runner was saying on Talking Dead, they might finally be leaving Atlanta. The next location is a comic book location
Yep know the one, if it's like the comics it's a long term location like the jail.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Gotham?