You can not add admins/mods to foes list

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Can this rule please be changed.

If you don't want to read what someone has to say you shouldn't have to waste your time scrolling though it just because they are a moderator/admin.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: You can not admins/mods to foes list

Post by greeneyed »

No.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: You can not add admins/mods to foes list

Post by DJ89 »

greeneyed wrote:No.
:lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

If its any consolation, we can't block people either

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

I like that you all get to read my posts.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Like most people, Lucy, its why I log in

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Aww, shucks.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I think it would improve the forum experience if you reconsidered your position on this GE?

What are your concerns regarding my suggestion?

One that comes to my mind is that if a moderator wants to explain a breach of posting policy to you they have to be able to do so. In which case I don't think it should extend to personal messages and the like.

But I don't think a rule that prohibits an individual filtering the content they wish to read and respond to is necessarily a good one?

I am not making this suggestion lightly, its just twice in the past year or so I have tried to foe people and haven't been able to and this is the first time this sort of thing has happened to me since back in the Rleague days.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I tried blocking me but I couldnt so I've got to see the dribble I post
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

I too know the pain of 3 seconds of unnecessary scrolling Pappsy. You just earned yourself the "Raider Bells Favourite Poster of the Week", congratulations my friend.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Achieving this award and your empathy has made me happy.

Life is all coming together.

PS. I still think GE should have a rethink.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Maybe if you, you know, kind of squinted and scrolled really, really fast....?

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

But then I might scroll past some quality contribution and be forever the poorer :(

It is more about the principle of having a user control their content.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Its a civil rights issue. Got it.

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Papa, I know we'd all prefer not to read GE's posts around origin time, but that's life. What can you do?
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I enjoy GE's Origin posts.

Daley C worthy, champagne posting.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

papabear wrote:But then I might scroll past some quality contribution and be forever the poorer :(

pretty safe I reckon pappy
Edrick The Entertainer
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

bonehead wrote:
papabear wrote:But then I might scroll past some quality contribution and be forever the poorer :(

pretty safe I reckon pappy
Ha! So true
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I've downloaded an add on that turn all of TR's posts into cat photos.

Forum is much better.
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Schifty wrote:I've downloaded an add on that turn all of TR's posts into cat photos.

Forum is much better.
I've got one for Abbott :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:I've downloaded an add on that turn all of TR's posts into cat photos.

Forum is much better.
I so wish that was true Image

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:

Forum is much better.
:)
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I like that :D
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

After having my salary cap thread removed on leagueunlimited removed I have had a bit of a rethink regarding my lowly opinion of the moderation on here and all round you do a decent job GE.

That said, my point remains let me ignore moderators/admins.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

How do I put someone on the ignore list?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Don't think you can on tapatalk, you can on the website via their profile
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Lenny Leonard wrote:Don't think you can on tapatalk, you can on the website via their profile
Bummer. Thanks Tim

Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Who you ignoring, Sid? Is it me? Is it something I said?
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Raider Bell wrote:Who you ignoring, Sid? Is it me? Is it something I said?
Mate, when you write crap articles about me like you do, why should I talk to ya? Have a think back, I've only read one post of yours, it was 2 weeks ago. It's compulsory for me to come into the GreenHouse, but it's not compulsory for me to have to post to blokes like you.

Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Sid wrote:
Mate, when you write crap articles about me like you do, why should I talk to ya? Have a think back, I've only read one post of yours, it was 2 weeks ago. It's compulsory for me to come into the GreenHouse, but it's not compulsory for me to have to post to blokes like you.
:lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote:
Ok
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Last edited by Sid on March 20, 2016, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote:
Brilliant [WHITE SMILING FACE]

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's me isn't it?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I think it's pretty obvious why there's a spate of people wanting to use the Ignore function all of a sudden

I had a popular GH member hassling me last night about needing to use it

Personally, I think that's sad