Re: I had a dream

Post by Dr Zaius »

Surely the stench would have been a give away
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Toviii wrote:I was actually running away from a killer in a dream I had a couple nights ago. It was messed up
Love those kinds of dreams especially when can take control of them, scary dreams are the best.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Toviii wrote:I was actually running away from a killer in a dream I had a couple nights ago. It was messed up
Since I can remember I've had a reoccurring dream in which the Terminator is chasing me - it's ****
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote:
Love those kinds of dreams especially when can take control of them, scary dreams are the best.
Serious question here... what is wrong with you??
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Manbush wrote:
This was one of those dreams where at the back or your mind you know you are dreaming, but you can't do anything about it so you just have to watch what unfolds. I don't think I've ever had a dream where I could control what I did.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
Manbush wrote:
Drugs are bad mkay
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:
Manbush wrote:
I enjoy em mate, can be great for my art and occasionally I can take control of my dreams in which case turning the tide from the hunted to the hunter, very empowering.

Always enjoyed a good horror movie so why not enjoy one created by your own subconscious.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

It's about subconsciously knowing what's real and what's not. I know growing up I never had a bad trip, freaky hallucinations, walls caving in, mates turning into grotesque monsters etc, but unlike others I always knew they weren't real so I'd enjoy the ride rather than freaking out, dreams are the same.

The only thing sleep related that freaks me out is the odd occasion I've suffered sleep paralysis, now that's scary.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

You are scary. Full stop.

I've woken up laughing before. Now that's trippy
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I've never done that before :lol:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I've done that a few times. It's weird.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

I wake up with a EDIT fairly often. Is that the same?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That's a EDIT, Manchild.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

That's just called being male :lol:
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Ohh that's what it is.

I did have a dream once where I was back in my hometown and there was a killer chasing me. I hid in an upstairs house that I remember was there but had never actually been into. The problem was that where I was hiding was clearly visable from the strret through the louvres. The next thing I know I was on the street with him pointing a gun at me. He fired the gun and the bullet came at walking pace but I still could not move fast enough. It hit me in the kidney area. That was when I woke up with a cramp type pain where the bullet hit.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I can't recommend lucid dreaming highly enough, such a great feeling when you can control your dreams, also had dreams which didn't finish I've been able to continue for a few nights in a row.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Manbush... SMH.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

****ing hell, Manbush, do you even bother to read what you type anymore??
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Manbush wrote:I can't recommend lucid dreaming highly enough,
Where do I sign up?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:****ing hell, Manbush, do you even bother to read what you type anymore??
What don't you believe in lucid dreaming mate or have something against it? From a Buddhist I'm amazed at your response.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Toviii wrote:
Where do I sign up?
There's a few different techniques online how to start, like anything though get better with practice.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:****ing hell, Manbush, do you even bother to read what you type anymore??
What don't you believe in lucid dreaming mate or have something against it? From a Buddhist I'm amazed at your response.
No, I'm just amazed at just about everything you say because it's 99% BS. That has nothing to do with a Buddhist perspective.
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Manbush wrote:
Toviii wrote:
Where do I sign up?
There's a few different techniques online how to start, like anything though get better with practice.
Wikipedia defines lucid dreaming as being aware that you are dreaming, not so much controlling what you are doing in your dream (kind of like the practice of mindfulness when you are awake). I had no idea it's an actual thing that some people, for whatever reason, try to do.
http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:
Manbush wrote:
No, I'm just amazed at just about everything you say because it's 99% BS. That has nothing to do with a Buddhist perspective.
Mate that's a bit small minded and judgemental isn't it? Are you saying that I haven't done lucid dreaming, it's not that hard if you practice and get into it.

Tivoli being aware you're dreaming is the first step, once you are aware you are dreaming then you can start controlling aspects of the dream.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: this is great.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Pigman wrote::lol: this is great.
Do you believe in lucid dreaming mate?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Nickman if I did what you believe a prime case for me doin it would've been in another thread where I asked you if you've ever tripped while meditating, I would've claimed to have done it myself rather than just saying it can cause the pineal gland to release a hallucinogenic.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Is that the same as astral travelling or plaining or whatever?

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:Is that the same as astral travelling or plaining or whatever?
Astral traveling is from meditating, mates parents growing up were right into it (mega hippies). Personally I think the pineal gland just makes people have hallucinations where they believe they are astral traveling, just my opinion. Astral travelers would dispute that theory though.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Manbush wrote:
Pigman wrote::lol: this is great.
Do you believe in lucid dreaming mate?
What I believe in is the least of my concerns about this thread, hahaha
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I combine the two, lucid dreaming EDIT.
This place is woke.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

So last night's dream involved Drones with Cameras, being caught outside in a super cell thunderstorm in front of the MCG only metres away and Telstra Tower in the background.

OK then