Adding gifs and URL links

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raiders Something
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Raiders Something »

Hey, having trouble trying to add gifs, and attach an url link so that it has the beginning of the article. any advice? cheers in advance.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Adding gifs and URL links

Post by greeneyed »

To post a gif image, you simply need to click on the gif, and find the URL, for example:

http://i.minus.com/imYIzhsao6VEZ.gif

Copy the URL, and paste it into a post on The GH. Then just highlight it and click IMG.

It will then appear. You need to have the gif hosted somewhere... by you or by someone else. You cannot save a gif on your own computer and then upload it to The GH.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm unsure what you mean about articles. If you were to post this article from The Canberra Times:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... zspig.html

What you need to do is highlight and copy the headline and the opening para or two. We only permit a few paras to be posted on The GH from news sites. Format it, as per the standards.

Then at the end of the article, add: Read more: and the URL. You should not use the URL code around the URL link.
Raiders Something
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Raiders Something »

Awesome, thank you for that
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Why are we only copying a few lines of articles these days? I don't like that. I click, then get spammed by pop ups, or have to login to view the article and it gets tedious and tiring.

I prefer the good old days, when you could just read the whole thing here
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Why are we only copying a few lines of articles these days? I don't like that. I click, then get spammed by pop ups, or have to login to view the article and it gets tedious and tiring.

I prefer the good old days, when you could just read the whole thing here
The Canberra Times and the Canberra Raiders have both asked us to do it, and while other news agencies have not, it is consistent with copyright arrangements. So, we are just trying to do the right thing.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

I purposely try to click on the Canberra times and Raiders.com.au to help. It's only a small thing but we really do need to get some kind of tangible support before we can ever expect to get market share through channel 9 or the NRL.

This kind of thing is bread and butter to the NRL. -"Oh no the raiders only enjoy 6% of what the next ranked team has in website traffic, we won't be giving them any extra crumbs this year."
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I doubt there's a bigger club fan forum in the NRL than The Greenhouse, at the same time, so the Raiders can claim that! ;)