I had a dream

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: I had a dream

Post by The Nickman »

Well that doesn't sound like me, I haven't had a drink in over four days.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I had a dream I was manbush.........I think.

Now I'm not making this up, this is the dead set truth:

I had a dream I was at a party at TR's. He greeted me and said if I wanted any "blow" there was a table upstairs. Also, that the women were $1000 an hour and I had to "be quick about it." He said I could have any drink I wanted, but I couldn't stay the night.

I think this dream had something to do with watching "any given Sunday" before I went to bed.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Eewww..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Unrealistic dream.

TR wouldn't settle for anything under $2500 an hour at his party.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Imagine the REMTD's you contracted..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The last party at TR's house got a bit wild and out of control. Pin the on the donkey quickly moved on to pass the parcel. It was huge.

And Dubs, you know you're always welcome to stay the night.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

dubby wrote:I had a dream I was manbush.........I think.

Now I'm not making this up, this is the dead set truth:

I had a dream I was at a party at TR's. He greeted me and said if I wanted any "blow" there was a table upstairs. Also, that the women were $1000 an hour and I had to "be quick about it." He said I could have any drink I wanted, but I couldn't stay the night.

I think this dream had something to do with watching "any given Sunday" before I went to bed.
Wow, I wish I had dreams like you Dubby. I never remember mine.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

How do you figure that you were Manbush?
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Toviii wrote:How do you figure that you were Manbush?
He woke up sweaty, 40 and riding an 18 year old tricycle.
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Lucy wrote:
:lol:

I'm actually genuinely curious though. I don't think I've ever had a dream where I was somebody else.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Lucy wrote:
:lol:
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

As if a man with TR's bank balance wouldn't be shouting the razzle at his own party.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

T_Razz would definitely be a solid guy to hang around..
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Retreat 4.0: The T-Razz Initiation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm so ignorant about drugs, you'd all be upstairs snorting freshly ground talcum powder that some dodgy looking foreign chap sold me on the premise that it was 'A Grade Atzec scratch'

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

TR you supply the budget I'll organise the party :)
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nah, I didn't think I was manbush mate, just having a dig at him because this dream sounds like a weekend with Manbush :lol:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Should come to Wooli next weekend Dubs, don't think that small town will ever be the same after the 3 day party with a wedding in the middle of it :thumbsup
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

never heard of it. I'll make sure I let the town know what's coming.....and prepare the neighbors for immediate evac

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Just outside Coffs Harbour
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Mayor of Wooli has been notified, the Army reserves are being called in as we speak.

Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

That the following bad things happened to me:

I dropped and broke my iPhone (in real life I've broken 3 already)
Raiders lost to Newcastle in the grand final
My car was stolen at the grand final
I forgot to put my tips in for the final round and cost me the win
I dropped a 20kg weight on a girls head at the gym and was subsequently sued

It was a pretty awesome dream...
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Raider 85 wrote:That the following bad things happened to me:

I dropped a 20kg weight on a girls head at the gym and was subsequently sued

:shock:

I actually had a dream that this stable was on fire and 2 horses were inside and we couldn't get them out. :doubt:

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Still remember a dream I had earlier this year where someone dropped a nuke on Canberra.

That was pretty messed up.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nah, was probably just a flash back to your Chechen youth

Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Raider 85 wrote:That the following bad things happened to me:

I dropped a 20kg weight on a girls head at theft gym and was subsequently sued

Mate, you sound like me, always breaking stuff. My wife won't let me get good things any more, my phones are always $50 generic jobs because it goes without saying it will be lost or smashed within the month.

As for the dropping of weights on the girls head, well that's just ****
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Pfft, after you dropped 20kg on her head, she probably wouldn't be capable of sueing you
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

She copped it sweet, and didn't seem to have a problem, until she did the old "my neck, my neck", after which she absolutely used me.

Jerk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

What a cat!
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Latest dream had me playing wing for the Raiders.

Message to take from here is that Ricky must have really lost the plot.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Grab any pies or, not unlike our current wingers, did you let 17 in?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Woke up before half time which means nobody scored for our team.

So it was quiet realistic.
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

I killed someone the other day
Well, at least Jack got paid.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Did you know them?
Toviii
Laurie Daley

I had a dream

Post by Toviii »

I was actually running away from a killer in a dream I had a couple nights ago. It was messed up