Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Millsy
Gary Belcher

NRLCEO 2014 : Legends of League

Post by Millsy »

2014 Legends of League

THE RETURN OF THE LEGENDS

Due to technical glitches in 2013, the Legends of League competition was vastly reduced, but have no fear; in 2014 it’s back bigger and better ever!

The new platform on TheBench caters exactly for competitions like the Legends of League.

This year, the Legends of League Tournament has been developed to make it an even more exciting competition to be involved in.
This tournament will be run utilising a promotion and relegation system with 3 tiers of competitions. Each tier will have the same set of rules and scoring system and at the end of the season, a number of successful teams will be promoted while some strugglers will be relegated.

Below is an outline of each ‘Tier’ of Competition with a diagram on the next page explaining it even further.

The Top Tier is the Champions League Competition where 10 victorious Legends of League teams will vie for the honour of becoming the ultimate Champion of Champions. The winner each year will be automatically invited to defend their title, the following year.

The Second Tier is made up of 6 Legends of League Competitions where 8 teams in each competition will compete for a solitary position in the Champions League. The four lowest ranked teams will be relegated while the remainder will be invited back the following year for another shot with the champion obviously defending their title.

The Third Tier is made up of six Rookie Promotion Competitions. Each of these have been named after potential superstars of tomorrow.

In each of these competitions, all four finalists will progress to the Legends of League Competitions where they will take on seasoned NRLCEO Coaches.

For 2014 only, entry into the Second Tier will only be available to previous participants, but the Qualifying Leagues will be open to everyone.

The entry fee for coaches to enter Legends of League Competitions (Tier 2) and Rookie Promotion Competitions (Tier 3) is $10 per team.

The 6 Legends of League teams - Wally Lewis, Andrew Johns, Clive Churchill, Allan Langer, Arthur Beetson and Mal Meninga

The 6 Rookie Promotion Competitions - Anthony Milford (wanker), Sam Irwin, David Nofoaluma, Luke Brooks, George Burgess and Ngani Laumape.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Re: NRLCEO 2014 : Legends of League

Post by Millsy »

NEW DRAFT METHOD IN 2014

New to NRLCEO this year is the recruitment method – the ‘Hesitation Draft’ which is exclusive to Legends of League and Qualifying Leagues.

The ‘Hesitation Draft’ involves three phases of recruitment:

PHASE 1

Once the competition is full and the draft time allocated to the competition set, Phase 1 allows each team in the competition to draft 4 players only in the first 24 hours from that time. There is no limitation on the type of player recruited but if a coach recruits a) more than 4 players or b) before the draft time commences, then that team will lose those illegally drafted players who will re-enter the Free Agent pool. They may also be subject to explusion from the competition after one warning.

PHASE 2

Phase 2 commences exactly 24 hours after the initial starting time of Phase 1 and allows coaches to recruit 6 players in the next 24 hours. This means that at the completion of Phase 2 (48 hours after Phase 1 commenced), each team will have a maximum of 10 players. Again, if excess players are drafted, then that coach will lose those players who will immediately be terminated into the Free Agent pool.

NOTE: Each competition will be moderated by viewing the Player Movement Log on site. Any players illegally recruited will be returned to the Free Agent pool and the terminations will count towards that team’s overall termination tally. (Limited to 25 terminations in Legends of League and Qualifying Competitions)

PHASE 3

Phase 3 commences 48 hours after the start of Phase 1 and allows coaches to complete their squads – recruiting 12 players. Phase 3 will continue until all teams are complete. Once again, coaches who jump the gun and recruit early will see those players terminated from the squad and returned to the Free Agent pool.

NOTE: There will be no phase commencement notifications. Coaches can check the Player Movement Log to see whether they have recruited within the legal timeframes.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Legends of League Competitions

The most competitive public NRLCEO Leagues are ready to roll. The first of the competitions will be completed tonight as eight compete for the title in the Wally Lewis Competition. The next to drop will be the Arthur Beetson tonight!

The next five competitions are being setup to fill and entry is $10 per club which will fund the prizes for each individual competition.

Arthur Beetson: Drafting 8pm (EST) Tuesday 4th Feb and 8pm Wednesday 5th Feb

Allan Langer: Drafting 7pm (EST) Monday 10th Feb and 7pm Tuesday 11th Feb

Andrew Johns: Drafting 7pm (EST) Monday 10th Feb and 7pm Wednesday 12th Feb

Clive Churchill: Drafting 8:30pm (EST) Tuesday 11th Feb and 8:30pm Wednesday 12th Feb

Mal Meninga: To be advised

The first people to reply to this email will be able to join in the fun. Let us know if there's a specific competition you want, or whether you just want to join any. If you miss out, don't worry as there are six Tier 3 competitions to come!

The draft method is aimed at getting completed in the minimal time possible, but allowing everyone to have even competitions.

Each CEO will be able to draft four players in the first hour, then have a break to reassess. You will then draft another six on the same night to have 10 players total. It will be quick clicking! Then another 24 hours later you will be able to draft another six players. Then one hour later again you can draft the remaining six players.

For more information about the new style of recruitment, click here.
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

Did you guys get the invite? I just emailed them yesterday so hopefully not too late.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

I emailed them last week after talking to them on twitter

I'll be ****** if I dont get an invite back to the Langer comp
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

I emailed him and he just gave me the link. Its another $10 you have to pay it seems
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

It will be interesting to see how this new draft goes, has to be better than the 24hr **** show, I hope the quick draft returns in 2015, I'm not doing the 24hr again.

I'm not sure if we get invited back from the 2012 comps we were in, I hope so.

Mike did ask me if Id like to be on standby for the Champions League, someone was being a pain and hadn't rejoined, I haven't heard anything more though.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Where do we see the comps , do they send a token out

I'm still waiting to hear about the Langer comp , draft is Monday
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

I just seen the message from ferret this morning in our thread about the Mal Legends comp has a few spots left, I though we might of got invited back from 2012, I just emailed, but it wouldn't surprise me if its too late.

I'm not starting at the bottom in the rookie comps.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The draft is Monday night for the Langer comp I was in last year , I didnt get an invite and Id say its full by now

Looks like theGH comp is the only one Im doing
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

Im in the Mal Meninga comp, theres only four teams in it at the moment though. Also theres no word as yet as to when the draft will be, if its a wednesday night ill probably have to give up my spot.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Ah thanks for that Marco.

I have emailed to joined up again.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

The All-Stars and GCR's are now officially in the Big Mal comp :thumbsup

Marco they are looking at the 18th and 19th for the draft, 8pm NSW time.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Joined the Big Mal comp.

Still not 100% on the drafting method for this .
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The way I read it , its a free for all for 4 players in Phase one , you don't have to wait for your turn , just wait for the allotted time to start

We have 2 draft days assigned but the 3rd phase is on 48hrs after the 1st phase commences , therefore it will be a 3rd day

and its 22 players not 25
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ferret replied to an email I asked about the drafting.

So to clarify for anyone who needed it or for just me

No draft order. 4 picks as fast as you can in the first round. Then a one hour break and then another six players as fast as you can the first night.

Second night you will pick 6 as fast as you can, take a break and then 6 again an hour later.

Your Comp Admin will email you how you will be notified to start. Bona will be your Guru
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Aussie

You'll need to give us a run down how the draft worked , good luck tonight .

Is Emu still in the comp?
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

Yep he's in there.
The admin will give a countdown saying 1 hour to go, 20 minutes and then 5 minutes. The last one he will say start drafting at which stage you go to the "players" page and click the + icon. Have quite a few backup options as players will going flying all over the place. I missed out on Fifta so took Hayne instead.

So far I've got Farah, Thurston, Inglis and Hayne
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Can you set up a pre draft , so your players are pick automatically :)

What I plan to do have four or fives pages open on the team with the player I want so I can just select the + to add that player then move across tabs to the next player

Is that possible ?
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

Haha kinda of defeats the purpose of the draft if you have that :p

You are on to it and I would say have as many as you can get on the screen!

That's me done for the night 10 players selected, now the wait till tomorrow. So far

1. Inglis
3. Hayne
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. George Burgess
9. Farah
10. Hannant
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Ashley Harrison
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Thats a fair side , nice drafting . How many in your comp ?

Give Emu hell , tell him I said hello and he wont jag another premiership
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

Haha I will.

Briggsy's Dentites II
Maximators
Indestructables
Morton Bay Devils
Injury Brigade
Rangers
Dogs Of War
Wallalong EMUS
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

One guy having a whinge about people jumping the gun :p But the log clearly shows no one did.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

I see that , I cant see the log though

Thats probably the only issue with the draft theres no control other than someone overseeing it.

I still dont know why I didnt get the invite into Langers , I was minor premiers :cry:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

What an absolutely **** drafting system.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:What an absolutely **** drafting system.
It looks different

Last year the quick draft was good ( when it worked ) , everyone picked a player every 2 mins for 25 rounds.

If your slow out of the gates you may struggle to pick up a gun in the 1st round.
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

Yeah, I didn't join LoL because of that drafting system
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

This system works better for handling any connection/site problems, any person that had issues can still get 10 goodish players.
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by SubLime Green »

Sir McSquid wrote:
Yeah, I didn't join LoL because of that drafting system
Yep, was planning on having a team in LoL but after reading about the draft system decided against it.
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

OMG Injury bridage how fast are you?? what do you have like 6 computers setup?? 2 picks in the first 3 picks and 8 picks in the first 18 picks.... Not complaining about my squad as it will go all the way but it will be definitely something to think about for next year to make everyone on a level playing field!
"Wallalong EMUS"

One for you Raidersrawesome
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Good stuff , the crying has started
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Mal Meninga Legends draft tonight and tomorrow night - NQ All Stars, GCR's and The Faceless Men.

Tonight.

Phase 1 - 8pm NSW time - 4 picks.
Phase 2 - 9pm NSW time - 6 picks.

Tomorrow Night.

Phase 3 - 8pm NSW time - 12 picks.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The only rule you need to follow is do not pick any players I want. Best way to avoid any confusion is wait until I have completed my picks
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Raidersrawesome wrote:The only rule you need to follow is do not pick any players I want. Best way to avoid any confusion is wait until I have completed my picks

I'll do that if you take Nugget and Gildley :D
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

I won't be able to make the draft as I am in hospital with my daughter, I have just sent an email letting nrlceo know, so I'm sure if anyone knows anyone who wants to be part of these comp just let them know to contact nrlceo@y7mail.com
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!