The metal thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: The metal thread

Post by Toviii »

I had a look at the page too. It's now my new favourite thing.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Raider Bell wrote:****, I just had Trivium on but luckily I saw your post in the nick of time, Manbush. I almost become a drug addict, I could feel it.
Watch out for the canabalistic desires as well mate.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Manbush wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:****, I just had Trivium on but luckily I saw your post in the nick of time, Manbush. I almost become a drug addict, I could feel it.
Watch out for the canabalistic desires as well mate.
Oh dear, I reckon that Vengeance Falls album is great, way better than In Waves. And I haven't been a cannibal or a drug addict for decades... Speaking of Trivium I understand that the critiquers say they are a kiddy metal band... I say eff off, they are very very good. Shogun took a while to grow on me and now I even named a cat after one of the songs, and unlike her predecessors named after Twilight characters, she's still alive. I think there's a message in there for all of us.

And Rod, I gave myself a copy of Amorphis' Tales from The Thousand Lakes for Festivus - it's pretty cool. Because unlike you I've come from it from the direction of hearing other of their stuff first, I'd have to say that I think Elegy is even better and Skyforger (which I got first) is more to my liking, but TFTTL is better than Tuonela and also their more recent one with the big egg on the cover which I own but have forgotten the name of - and I think they may have yet another new one out in the last couple of weeks. But they do know what they're doing, despite all the lineup changes.

And Jeff Loomis' second album, Plains of Oblivion, is just fabulous. More shred than a ginsu tool. I wish Nevermore hadn't broken up.
Lemiwinks
Peter Jackson

Post by Lemiwinks »

Have recently discovered a band called 'Eluveitie'. A Folk metal band that have been around for a while. Would be cool to see live, lots if instruments, including a 'hurdy gurdy' which amazingly fits in very well. Folk and Celtic metal is very hit and miss, these guys are great but. They even sing in Gaulish which would make a great soundtrack for Spartacus.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The voice definitely doesn't match the face and body :shock:

I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Baywatch
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Baywatch »

Manbush wrote:The voice definitely doesn't match the face and body :shock:

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Hate all the facebook posts that ask you to share if you care but saw this one and it cracked me up.

Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

I don't mind disturbed, but this is a pretty good laugh.

"All of your favorite Disturbed song" haha.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
1-eyedgreen
Chris O'Sullivan
Location: Eating a steady diet of Government cheese, living in a van down by the river.

Post by 1-eyedgreen »

Manbush wrote:Hate all the facebook posts that ask you to share if you care but saw this one and it cracked me up.

Lol'd at this M.B :lol:

Saw D.R.I. Last weekend at the hi-Fi in Sydney... AMAZING!!!

Got to meet Kurt Brecht (vocals) at the merch table before the show and Harald Oimoen (Bass) in the taxi rank after.

Can't speak highly enough about either, absolutely legends of the metal scene and just outright top blokes!
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my *****. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Raider Bell wrote:
I don't mind disturbed, but this is a pretty good laugh.

"All of your favorite Disturbed song" haha.
I saw that. So funny.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Legend

Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Decent cover.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Has anyone heard the new Opeth album? For a prog (non-metal) album, is it any good?
semaj97
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Blake Ferguson

Post by semaj97 »

No wonder this thread died on this page. Shame, it was looking so promising on the previous page.

So, back to Opeth. What do other fans think of 'Morningrise'? Seems to rarely get mentioned compared to other albums but is probably my favourite of theirs.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Hard rock is more popular than you think it is with Amity Affliction playing same stages as Cold Chisel

YOU know a tour is big when its official announcement is pre-empted by a leak. And people are excited about it.
That was the case earlier this week when rumours circulated online that Australian melodic hardcore band chart-toppers Amity Affliction would be joining with their American mates A Day To Remember for a run of concerts in December.

The tour is a milestone for the Australian band, putting them into the same arenas hosting Sam Smith, Cold Chisel, Elton John and Oprah that month.
It also signals that hard rock, and we are talking the kind of music which is best played at volume of 11, is doing big business in Australia despite what the gatekeepers of the airwaves may think.
Amity Affliction’s album Let The Ocean Take Me went to No. 1 with gold sales last year before the band headed out on a sold-out tour of Australian beer barns and the first of several legs of shows in America and Europe.

Just back home from the Warped tour in America, vocalist and bassist Ahren Stringer said joining forces with A Day To Remember, with support acts Motionless In White and The Ghost Inside, gave them the “muscle” to stage the biggest tour of their career.

“It’s pretty mind-blowing because we never thought we would be playing venues of this size,” Stringer says.
“I never thought this kind of music would get as popular as it is has. When we were telling our friends about the (arena) tour, they didn’t believe it. The most common response was ‘Holy s ...!’”

Fans of the heavier brands of music, whether hardcore, metalcore or any of the subgenres under the umbrella of hard rock, are fiercely loyal.
They buy the new albums the week they come out and in enough volume for a top 10 debut.

Since Amity Affliction released their last record in June, their Australian heavy rock peers Northlane claimed No. 1 with Node, Thy Art Is Murder debuted at No. 7 with Holy War and Skydancer by In Hearts Wake peaked at No.2. Dead Letter Circus are expected to debut in the top 10 this weekend with their hypermelodic third album Aesthesis.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mu ... 7489521079
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

This band is getting a bad wrap from other bands and their fans. Apparently their fans have stopped festivals because of violent behavior and rioting. Couldn't tell why after watching this.

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

So who wants to discuss metal with me?

I've been really into doom/death metal bands with melodic elements lately. Two of my favourites are Swallow the Sun and Ghost Brigade.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Oh Metallica what have you done, performing with Lady Gaga :shock: :lol:

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Pallbearer.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Lui_Bon wrote:Pallbearer.
As in The Undertaker's manager?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.