King hits

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: King hits

Post by Toviii »

I don't care about the rights of bikies myself. But if the premier thinks ice/illegal steroids are the main issue, more has to be done than just taking a hard line approach to bikie gangs.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Agreed.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The only way to hit the illegal drug trade is to legalise them transferring the profits from criminals to the government, the war on drugs cannot be won any other way history has proven it.
Last edited by Manbush on January 14, 2014, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I agree with that too, Manbush.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Bushy refers only to marijuana.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Everything should be made legal and distributed by the Government.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Has anyone seen the photo and the rants about the mug who hit Daniel Christie? Seriously are people morons? All they are doing is helping his defence team. There is a reason why police don't release details of people and stop the media from doing so, now this clown is going to get a closed hearing in front of a judge, no jury, because his defence team will say that you won't be able to guarantee an impartial jury on account of his mugshot being plastered all over social media... bloody idiots!
I found a moon rock in my nose....
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

Drugs won't ever be made legal in this country. And so they shouldn't.
Well, at least Jack got paid.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:Bushy refers only to marijuana.
No I don't mate, that's my preference obviously but if you want to make drugs safer and save lives all drugs should be legalised and quality/ingredients regulated by the government, it's the only way.

Luffty wrote:Drugs won't ever be made legal in this country. And so they shouldn't.
You do realise that your legal choice of drug is one of the most dangerous and harmful.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

As much as it absolutely pains me to say this, I'm with Manbush all the way on this one.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Manbush wrote:
dubby wrote:Bushy refers only to marijuana.
No I don't mate, that's my preference obviously but if you want to make drugs safer and save lives all drugs should be legalised and quality/ingredients regulated by the government, it's the only way.

Luffty wrote:Drugs won't ever be made legal in this country. And so they shouldn't.
You do realise that your legal choice of drug is one of the most dangerous and harmful.
My approach is everything should be available and regulated in its natural form. Cannabis, Psylocybin, Mescaline, Opium, Coca, etc.

I would put a hold on legalising synthetic drugs in the hope that the availability of cheap and reliable uppers, downers and psychodelics would destroy any black market in such drugs.

Not that it will ever happen. The talk in the US is they will probably have federal laws legalising the sale of Cannabis during the next presidential term. At the same time we won't even look at medicinal cannabis despite more than a decade of solid data from different countries demonstrating its effectiveness.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Dibbers wrote:Has anyone seen the photo and the rants about the mug who hit Daniel Christie? Seriously are people morons? All they are doing is helping his defence team. There is a reason why police don't release details of people and stop the media from doing so, now this clown is going to get a closed hearing in front of a judge, no jury, because his defence team will say that you won't be able to guarantee an impartial jury on account of his mugshot being plastered all over social media... bloody idiots!
a few peple on FB have invited me to join in on this act... it's been all i can do not to get extremely abusive to them. **** idiots.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

The Nickman wrote:As much as it absolutely pains me to say this, I'm with Manbush all the way on this one.
didnt we discuss this, if your on the side of Manbush, it's time to reassess your stance on the situation
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Nick wrote:
The Nickman wrote:As much as it absolutely pains me to say this, I'm with Manbush all the way on this one.
didnt we discuss this, if your on the side of Manbush, it's time to reassess your stance on the situation
I know, I'm currently reassessing everything as we speak.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Dibbers wrote:Has anyone seen the photo and the rants about the mug who hit Daniel Christie? Seriously are people morons? All they are doing is helping his defence team. There is a reason why police don't release details of people and stop the media from doing so, now this clown is going to get a closed hearing in front of a judge, no jury, because his defence team will say that you won't be able to guarantee an impartial jury on account of his mugshot being plastered all over social media... bloody idiots!
I don't see why it matters.

I doubt it will go to trial
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I would love to see GeM's facebook page, he'd just be outraged at absolutely everything...

"Red chalk in schools?!?... rant rant rant rant rant rant"
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

The Nickman wrote:I would love to see GeM's facebook page, he'd just be outraged at absolutely everything...

"Red chalk in schools?!?... rant rant rant rant rant rant"
What am I outraged by this time. :roll:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Everything.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

For the drinkers who like to judge others

" Alcohol is a more dangerous drug than both crack and heroin when the combined harms to the user and to others are assessed, British scientists said Monday.

Presenting a new scale of drug harm that rates the damage to users themselves and to wider society, the scientists rated alcohol the most harmful overall and almost three times as harmful as cocaine or tobacco."

Read more http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUST ... 1?irpc=932

Alcohol 14 times more dangerous than mushies :lol:

Just reading more on the research, crack and heroine are the most dangerous (alcohol ranked 4th) to the user but alcohol ranked highest for danger to others.
Last edited by Manbush on January 14, 2014, 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Meth is interesting but it really shouldn't be in the hands of people who don't know what they are doing.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart

Post by DJ89 »

Shadow Boxer wrote:Meth is interesting but it really shouldn't be in the hands of people who don't know what they are doing.
What do you mean?

I'd say that anyone who has their hands on meth has absolutely no idea what they are doing.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

It's not a drug the government should be giving away in a legal program.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This world needs more cracked up bong smoking meth heads roaming the earth in a zombied state legally imo.
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Are you people all completely nuts?
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

DJ89 wrote:
Shadow Boxer wrote:Meth is interesting but it really shouldn't be in the hands of people who don't know what they are doing.
What do you mean?

I'd say that anyone who has their hands on meth has absolutely no idea what they are doing.
It's pure filth.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Meth changes your brain. Once you have it you will always crave it.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart

Post by DJ89 »

Speaking from experience dub-step?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

From education and experiences. Once you've encountered a meth addict it changes you profoundly.

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:Meth changes your brain. Once you have it you will always crave it.
Not sure where getting your info but meth cravings do supposedly get weaker the longer you go without and do eventually go away, same with some of the changes to the brain are also reversed with abstinence.

Evil drug though.

Edit: Just saw your above post, drug education is poorly run, sprout BS propaganda and exaggerate for scare tactics, once kids learn ones a lie they don't trust the rest of the info they've been fed even when true leading to more potential harm.

As I've said meth is evil, but there's enough evil **** about it without the need for BS.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

:lol:
Meth addicts, sure

but its not like if you use it once, you always crave it as implied.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

All you have to do is look at one of the many faces of meth pages to see how much it destroys people.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It's like looking into my eyes.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:
It's like looking into my eyes.
Yep meth can cause nausea to
Please
Gary Belcher

Post by Please »

Manbush wrote:For the drinkers who like to judge others

" Alcohol is a more dangerous drug than both crack and heroin when the combined harms to the user and to others are assessed, British scientists said Monday.

Presenting a new scale of drug harm that rates the damage to users themselves and to wider society, the scientists rated alcohol the most harmful overall and almost three times as harmful as cocaine or tobacco."

Just reading more on the research, crack and heroine are the most dangerous (alcohol ranked 4th) to the user but alcohol ranked highest for danger to others.
So, if you had a choice you would ban alcohol and make crack and heroin legal?
Well, at least Jack got paid.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Luffty wrote:
Manbush wrote:For the drinkers who like to judge others

So, if you had a choice you would ban alcohol and make crack and heroin legal?
If I had no choice but to choose. I would absolutely make heroin and cocaine legal and prohibit Alcohol.

With Heroin it is a no brainer. 1000's of people in this country are already functioning opiate addicts. Heroin is basically a crude and powerful sedative and pain reliever. It is addictive but unlike Alcohol in doesn't have the dangerous side effect of reducing inhibitions and increasing risk taking behaviour.

Cocaine is a powerful stimulant but 1000's of people already use it all the time. Because it is expensive it is a middle class and high society drug. So the social impacts are limited.

At the end of the day. The problem isn't the drug it is the addiction. It is addiction that leads people to crime and anti-social behaviour regardless of the drug of choice. Plenty more alcoholics sitting in parks than heroin addicts.

Any drug policy needs to accept the fact that the overwhelming majority of all drug users are not addicts, use in moderation and are not a danger to themselves or the community. We also need to accept that addiction is an illness not a criminal offence. Treat addiction regardless and leave people that are capable of moderation to enjoy their drug of choice.