Apologies for down time

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Apologies for down time

Post by greeneyed »

As you may be aware, the site was down for most of Sunday and Monday.

Our hosting company commenced switching all their sites over to better and faster servers over the weekend and the process took much, much longer than expected.

Apologies to all users of the site who were inconvenienced.

Hopefully the new servers will provide the platform for a faster and more reliable service going forward... and allow The Greenhouse to continue its rapid growth in season 2008.
Last edited by greeneyed on November 7, 2007, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adm007
Dean Lance

Post by adm007 »

mate this is the first time i was able to get onto the GH, the link from google doesnt work anymore, only www.thegh.com.au works???
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We are going to www.thegh.com.au, but www.thegreenhouseact.com.au should certainly still work, and is still the primary URL. We will probably always keep those two, but switch to www.thegh.com.au as the primary address.

Not sure if Schifty has kept www.thegreenhouseact.net operational. It may not work in the long run...
Last edited by greeneyed on November 6, 2007, 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Forgot all about the .net address, but yes that one still works. It will most likely remain active as it has a knack of appearing on Google searches.
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Re: Apologies for down time

Post by Guy Incognito »

greeneyed wrote:As you may be aware, the site was down for most of Sunday and Monday.

Our hosting company commenced switching all their sites over to better and faster servers over the weekend and the process took much, much longer than expected.

Hopefully the new servers will provide the platform for a faster and more reliable service going forward... and allow The Greenhouse to continue its rapid growth in season 2008.
Has this got something to do with why my times are all screwed up. I have it set to GMT+11 but the time is wrong. I went through a few other times and can't find one that will give me a correct time.
gonegreen2
Glenn Lazarus

Post by gonegreen2 »

Fugg......I nearly went nuts thinking it was the new anti-virus program i'd only just downloaded!
Nearly stuffed everything up , changing firewall settings etc!!
Anyway, I'm calm again now :shock:
Global Warming - causes Passive Smoking and Bird Flu- International society of Spin Doctors
OBAMA means CHANGE! -....and how would you like it?
DOLLARS or SHECKLES!
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Re: Apologies for down time

Post by Sasha »

green_tongue wrote:
greeneyed wrote:As you may be aware, the site was down for most of Sunday and Monday.

Has this got something to do with why my times are all screwed up. I have it set to GMT+11 but the time is wrong. I went through a few other times and can't find one that will give me a correct time.
Yeah the time issue is a problem with the hosts server. They appear to have their time out 8 hours. Hopefully it will be fixed soon :)
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

Thanks mate, thought that is what it was.