How did you find The Greenhouse?

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

I found it behind the sofa with the remote... been looking for that for ages!
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

Willie_Ratson wrote:I googled "Sack Elliott'
Love your work Ratsonator.... we see far too little of it, IMO.

I came to the GH because Raider69 told me to. Or maybe it was Quinny. The point was that I got here somehow.
Karne
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Karne »

I saw it mentioned in the Canberra Times when the Carney Saga III started, my curiousity was roused, and when I came on what should I find, but a whole forum of people as fanatical about the Raiders as I am! :cool:
Raiders for the Premiership! Bugger in a couple of years, this year!
wendus
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Post by wendus »

100% Green talked about this site so much when i worked with him that i had to check it out. lurked for a bit then joined. never looked back
All over it like coconut on a lamington
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

I was put on to this wonderful site after an hour long chat with a nice gentleman at jerseys for work and play at the brand depot and since getting net access at work ive visited almost every day since.
On the down side it has shown me that im nowhere near the biggest raiders fan ever, but its nice to have found my people.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
wendus
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Post by wendus »

marcovski wrote:I was put on to this wonderful site after an hour long chat with a nice gentleman at jerseys for work and play at the brand depot and since getting net access at work ive visited almost every day since.
On the down side it has shown me that im nowhere near the biggest raiders fan ever, but its nice to have found my people.
that'd be 100% Green. he's midely obsessed, tho in recent times has neglected the site
All over it like coconut on a lamington
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

I suppose I was the ultimate LU rebel after having been suspended and refusing to ask for re-admittance as I thought I was hard done by .... jed you bastard, you made me into a self confessed martyr ... :lol: :lol:

I went back to that sleezy bar (the Debate Page) to do my talking ... risking all my posts being deleted or edited :lol:

While on holidays GE (who was trying desperately to get me back to LU ... bless him) told me via the Debate Page that a rival forum was being set up ... that was about the 3rd Jan 2005 ... I was chuffed to hear that, so three days later when I got back from hols I registered for GH.

I can remember how pleased we all were when milestones such as the 1000th post, 100th member, 10,000th post etc etc etc were reached. And who remembers that ultra popular Tennis thread when Lyetton and Alicia were doing well in the Oz open.

I've had some up and downs with various members, the most disappointing being with Quinny ... dont know if he is posting under a different alias but along with people like Nick, ed, GE, K-man we all played hard to get GH more popular than LU as the premier Raiders supporters forum.

Quinny come back dude ... you're sorely missed.
nodrog
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by nodrog »

Hey Farlie, Love your Avatar!

"Come with us now on a journey through time and space..."
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dubby pointed me here from LU.

In a haze of frustration at Bay 56's constant hijacking of LU threads pushing his various agendas, I wandered over here seeking peace. Didn't quite work out as I intended, but I've stayed on as this is undoubtedly the premier site of the web for Raiders news.

Huge thanks to the guys who run the site and put so much of their time and energy into it. Especially when I'm overseas on business, this place keeps me up to date with all the news and kills off a whole lot of homesickness.
BEN189
Simon Woolford

Post by BEN189 »

I googled "canberra raiders forum" and it came up.
Philby
Simon Woolford

Post by Philby »

epitaph wrote:I was picking up my membership pack from Jerseys for work and play and saw a business card for the site.
Looks like the business cards are working

I was designing a new raiders jumper on the Rugby League 2 forums and i think Shifty commented on it and then told me about the GH]
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

wendus wrote:
marcovski wrote:I was put on to this wonderful site after an hour long chat with a nice gentleman at jerseys for work and play at the brand depot and since getting net access at work ive visited almost every day since.
that'd be 100% Green. he's midely obsessed, tho in recent times has neglected the site
Miss you two Wendus. ;)

i think i found the site through a google serch on night and the rest is history. And yes I am midely obsessed but there are others who are much bigger fans than i.
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

100%green wrote:
wendus wrote:
Miss you two Wendus. ;)

i think i found the site through a google serch on night and the rest is history. And yes I am midely obsessed but there are others who are much bigger fans than i.
I never did get to thank you for that life changing piece of info 100%, so I now give a heartfelt Thanks :thumbsup :thumbsup :clap: :clap:
Also my wife thinks youre a little too obsessed with the raiders also, she works at brand depot too.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

i googled the name on the internet machine
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

marcovski wrote:
100%green wrote:
wendus wrote:
Miss you two Wendus. ;)

I never did get to thank you for that life changing piece of info 100%, so I now give a heartfelt Thanks :thumbsup :thumbsup :clap: :clap:
Also my wife thinks youre a little too obsessed with the raiders also, she works at brand depot too.
Really? Where does she work? PM me if you need to.
Greenerelly
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker / Todd Carney / Bretts Fist

Post by Greenerelly »

Johnboy at RiotAct dropped the link, but quite a while ago i think hes left now.
Raidersgirl93
Brett Mullins

Post by Raidersgirl93 »

I heard about it when it was metioned to Purtell in Little League. I was really interested so looked it up and well yeah here i am!! :D