We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2016

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2016

Post by greeneyed »

Re other issues on moderation, all the Admin and Mods have signed off on this statement: http://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2#p1466920

There's nothing more really to add to it.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote:Re other issues on moderation, all the Admin and Mods have signed off on this statement: http://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2#p1466920

There's nothing more really to add to it.
the values held seem to be "if my little group likes you, you can post whatever, where ever. If we dont, youll be moved on"
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Also, I have a problem with Rodman. I think he's a ****.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

My final word .. I was once a mod on this site. I resigned as I thought the rules were not being applied equally and certain mods were getting away with what they were criticising other for. Of course once I gave away that role life got more difficult for me on this forum and eventually I was banned.

Hyprocisy is not in my nature so the role isn't mine. I am on a number of other forums and I would have to say that in terms of moderation this one has always broken the rule of fair play.
I don't post facts
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

greeneyed wrote:To be honest, I don't think some NSW supporters are going to be happy until all voices supporting Queensland get silenced on the site.

But how's this for a solution... unless it's a thread or post about the Raiders being selected for rep teams... all Origin discussion will go (and be moved) into the designated Origin threads. You can expect NSW and Queensland supporters will be posting in support of those teams in those threads. If you don't want to read that, you can avoid those threads. I will start the 2017 Origin thread right now.

Re the way I post: I understand people expect a certain sort of behaviour from an Administrator of the site... but I am just a fan too, and I reckon I should be allowed to have an opinion... and a little bit of fun as well... once the inevitable Queensland victory comes. :)
GE, I stopped reading following your opening paragraph. Even for you, that is absolutely the dumbest thing I've read on this site. You simply cannot take one ounce of ownership for the feedback YOU requested, so you resort to insulating stupid **** like that.

Good luck with your future endeavours with this site, but I'm out.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^professor

I always like those "... but I'm out .." comments .. quite frankly mate the majority on football forums such as this couldn't give a tinkers root .. I mean, what do you expect now to happen, like everyone is going to follow you out of the door.

It's a footy forum mate .. **** happens .. if you are looking for fair play 100% of the time you're in the wrong place.

I've had an administrator on this forum attack me and my family .. I'll give back better than I get.
I don't post facts
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Raidersfan wrote:^^^professor

I always like those "... but I'm out .." comments .. quite frankly mate the majority on football forums such as this couldn't give a tinkers root .. I mean, what do you expect now to happen, like everyone is going to follow you out of the door.

It's a footy forum mate .. **** happens .. if you are looking for fair play 100% of the time you're in the wrong place.
i guess he has the choice between continuing to post on a site where the fuhrer completely dismisses your feedback within the very thread he asked for it, or ceasing to post on it. Shame its going down this path
Dont delete this GE
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^
Correct mate he does have that choice .. chances are the exit door will hit his ass and no one else. I prefer to stick around, express my opinion and get banned in the process of doing so if that is what I consider necessary.
I don't post facts
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I've got to be a bit blunt, I've sought feedback on the site, I've opened myself to it too. I've posted all the criticisms transparently, even when it involves name calling and points which aren't factually correct... But frankly, I can't please everyone, because, as the thread shows, there's very different views on the operation of the site. And my own personal posting. I do my very best. I'm sorry I fall so far short of everyone's expectations.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I think you do a fine job GE. As you said you can't please everyone, and you're not going to get things right 100% every time.
If someone wants to leave the site over something as silly as a disagreement on Origin (regardless of how wrong both your heads are) I don't think there is much left to say.

On a more general note it's always interesting to see how people assume asking for feedback means you are going to implement what they say. Not all feedback is worth listening to.
You've answered the moderation question several times and people know what to do if they don't agree with it. It's a shame to see it keep coming up.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just to be clear to start, Greeneyed is a big boy and certainly doesn't need me to come to his defence, but this thread is becoming a complete stitch up.

GE, all the Mods and all the Admins are absolutely as entitled as everyone else to an opinion and to join in the conversations. Getting into GE for posting in precisely the same way as any number of other posters here is ridiculous beyond words.

As for 'dismissing' feedback, Simo - Honestly, are you for real? GE has spent hours gathering and compiling this data, and he's posted it warts and all for discussion. Are you suggesting that he's not allowed to express an opinion, too? How about we all stop being so **** precious, and enjoy what is a fantastic football/social forum? It's stunningly boring to read the same old posts from the same old posters every time complaining about precisely the same issues. I am sure from time to time the Mods get it wrong here, but I am still 100% sure it's the best site of its kind in the Rugby League world, and just a little bit of appreciation and respect to GE for the huge number of hours and considerable personal expense that he sinks into the joint would not go astray. Quite simply, this site would not exist without the work he does, and it would be an absolute shadow of itself without the direction he provides to the moderation. I don't always agree with the moderation decisions that are made here, but I fully acknowledge the site is better, more broadly accessible and far more representative of the preferences of the vast majority of the readership as a result of the moderation that is done. If you can't understand and concede that, you probably need to take a look at yourself before obsessively carrying on.

So can we cut everyone just a bit of slack here, please?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Tr, i absolutely am aware of the hard work, pride and money/time ge puts into this site. Ive enjoyed being on here for the last couple of years although ive found myself being far more moderated than others and i in turn have become more and more annoyed with it. Do i post things that are offensive? Sometimes. Have things been deleted purely because my names attached to them? Absolutely. Mods dont have a problem with humour on the site as long as it comes from them.
And ge 100% dismissed profs feedback.
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

simo wrote:Have things been deleted purely because my names attached to them? Absolutely. .
Simo, genuinely, hand on heart and in complete sincerity, I do not believe that to be the case.

There is a huge amount of hand-wringing about moderation levels in the marble-clad executive washroom that is the Mod's forum, and I assure you that there is a strong bias towards less, rather than more. I also absolutely promise that there is no Mod-led jihad against you that I am aware of, and I think I would be.

I'm genuinely sorry that you feel that way, but I don't agree with what you are saying at all.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

None of this would have happened under my watch
Ruled with an iron fist in a velvet glove, I did.

I'm not the hero the GH deserves, but I am the hero it needs right now. Let me steady this ship, boys
I'll solve half the issues of thread derailment and in fighting with one press of a button.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote: I'm not the hero the GH deserves, but I am the hero it needs right now.

Botman
Mal Meninga

We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2016

Post by Botman »

That fat **** wouldn't have let the cancer back in as you simpletons did

Also, that photo is BEGGING for a GE joke, and I classily avoided it. You're welcome
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

The Nickman wrote:Well I told myself I wouldn't post in this absolutely ridiculous thread, however I must say I find absolutely no problem with GE's behaviour at Origin time.

For me, it's the likes of Zaius and Manbush who drag that **** into every single thread and carry on well after the Origin period that annoy me. The fact that people were cheering **** like the Sharks and Gallen for the grand final and openly wanting to sign Greg Bird just as a means to troll Queensland supporters three months after Origin has finished is pretty disappointing really.

You'll never see Queensland supporters cheering for the Broncos and the likes of Sam Thaiday in a grand final just to troll.

Keep up the good work, GE.
SOS **** F. Every bloody thread its Pauline Hanson "That's on you QLD", Dave Taylor does something moronic "QLD education system folks", NSW name someone from Poland "That's in QLD". Personally the only thing that bothers me there is the lack of imagination, but its pretty funny to accuse GE and not mention anyone else.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Can't we all agree that Origin turns any poor sap who actually actively supports states sides into **** toddlers and be done with it?

GE is absolutely insufferable at origin time, and he's not even close to being alone on the front. Origin season is just the **** worst time of the year for RL fans
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Seems I went off a little late as others pointed out GE's not some lone wolf there. Well... **** it all.
ps: I love the banter that occurs on here FWIW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Archer wrote:Seems I went off a little late as others pointed out GE's not some lone wolf there. Well... **** it all.
ps: I love the banter that occurs on here FWIW
Me too. It's only NSW fans who seem to get their noses out of joint year after year.

Wonder why that is??
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I'd say it probably has a bit to do with the fact GE is trying to put clamps down on that kind of behaviour, but willingly and knowingly engages in it when it suits him to

He can't have it both ways I'm afraid
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Pigman wrote:Can't we all agree that Origin turns any poor sap who actually actively supports states sides into **** toddlers and be done with it?

GE is absolutely insufferable at origin time, and he's not even close to being alone on the front. Origin season is just the **** worst time of the year for RL fans
Nope, won't agree and you can't make me. BTW, I gained a lot more respect for you this year when I realised you were a secret QLDer.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haha I'm a fan of winning money. That's it
Right now, QLD are straight cash
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Pigman wrote:None of this would have happened under my watch
Ruled with an iron fist in a velvet glove, I did.

I'm not the hero the GH deserves, but I am the hero it needs right now. Let me steady this ship, boys
I'll solve half the issues of thread derailment and in fighting with one press of a button.
Bahahahahahahaha .. I'm sure you would Pig .. who cares about the letterbox
I don't post facts
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Keep yapping.
Last edited by greeneyed on October 25, 2016, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Can we cut the name calling please?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I can only direct people to this statement: http://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2#p1466920

Every point raised is covered by it.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Pigman wrote:Haha I'm a fan of winning money. That's it
Right now, QLD are straight cash
Look, much like GE's unwillingness to reveal himself as the Hooter, I understand your reluctance. Who knows what kind of reaction those revelations would incite. I'll play along until you're ready, but you might want to do a better job hiding it.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
gergreg wrote:On page 1 or 2 of the Origin 3 thread you accuse NSW of cheating by naming Ennis. I don't know what the background of the comments or the specifics of what transpired are but for the head administrator of a rugby league website to engage let alone initiate that sort of language is unprofessional and sets the benchmark for behaviour and year upon year you set the bar pretty **** low.
I've gone back to read those pages... can't see anything to that effect.
My apologies the thread I was referring to was actually Game 3 of the 2015 series where on page 2 you accused NSW of cheating. More recently in this years threads there is mention of NSW selecting drug cheats but no reference to QLD salary cap cheats being selected. In most threads/forums here you have a zero tolerance approach, which is fine, but you instigate and set the tone of the ridiculous levels of trolling during Origin. I think you do a wonderful job around here and I do appreciate it.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gerg. I'm not sure what else I can do. I said I listened to the feedback last year and tried my best to ensure the game day threads score updates (the ones which I do) are as unbiased as possible. Indeed, people came in complaining they weren't biased! I avoided responding to fishing/trolling of NSW posters in other threads as best I could.

I've proposed that in future all comments on Origin go into just the Origin threads. If people don't want to read Origin discussion they can avoid the threads.

On the points you've made... I was simply expressing my opinion, in what I believe to be a reasonable fashion. Are you saying I shouldn't be allowed to express a personal opinion because I'm an Administrator?

I have put a consistent view on the Sharks drug cheats, players who admitted they cheated, being inadequately penalised. Salary cap cheaters? The Storm players were cleared and the club strongly penalised. I stand by my views on it.

In 2015... I said... Ennis should be ruled out of the Origin II match and this gives the background:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 4bfa29efcb

They selected a clearly injured player so as to play a suspended player... who should have served the suspension in the Origin match. I said it was cheating, it was supposed to have been ruled out by the NRL, and I stand by my view on that too.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Wow.

4 pages of mud slinging right here.

You would have been better of not starting this thread GE.

Don't ask for feedback ever again....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote:Wow.

4 pages of mud slinging right here.

You would have been better of not starting this thread GE.

Don't ask for feedback ever again....
Personally, I blame the 10%.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:
For me, it's the likes of Zaius and Manbush who drag that **** into every single thread and carry on well after the Origin period that annoy me. The fact that people were cheering **** like the Sharks and Gallen for the grand final and openly wanting to sign Greg Bird just as a means to troll Queensland supporters three months after Origin has finished is pretty disappointing really.

You'll never see Queensland supporters cheering for the Broncos and the likes of Sam Thaiday in a grand final just to troll.

Not sure about the others but trolling had no element to me wanting the Sharks to win, genuinely hate the Storm and my housemate and another mate are Sharkies fans, one team I've had a soft spot for since back in ETs time and never won a premiership, ETs reaction showed how much it meant to win their first. As for Bird it wasn't to troll Qld supporters just GE :D

Agree though GE (and the rest) do a great job in sometimes an unappreciated role, wouldn't be an easy job.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

This whole discussion has been incredibly unfair on GE. By all means The Greenhouse account should be impartial, including for Raiders games, but GE posting as GE is entitled to express any opinion that he damn well pleases, despite how ridiculous those opinions are.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

I genuinely wanted Cronulla to win for reasons I expressed in another thread. The added bonus of being able to to hang **** on people about Big Gal lifting the trophy was too good an opportunity to take advantage of for someone with as limited self control as myself.

I don't think that anyone genuinely wanted to sign Bird. It was just a joke, a Christmas Joke. Lighten up jerkface.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dr Zaius wrote:This whole discussion has been incredibly unfair on GE. By all means The Greenhouse account should be impartial, including for Raiders games, but GE posting as GE is entitled to express any opinion that he damn well pleases, despite how ridiculous those opinions are.
Yeah exactly..

Never had an issue with GE carrying on, but when it's the site account carrying on then it gets on my nerves a bit